[BLOG] Happy 17th birthday Hardfought!

Discuss subjects regarding Hardfought news here.

Moderator: News posters

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Oct 22nd, 2017 at 12:51 pm

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Today marks Hardfought's 17th birthday. This is the first birthday post in a long, long while that will have something more to acknowledge other than the passing of another year of existence. A lot has happened over the past several months that has basically revitalized the purpose of this server. With the help of several good friends in the NetHack community, we've started a multi-variant NetHack server, have successfully participated in Junethack 2017, and are about to host a one-off /dev/null/nethack tribute tournament in just a few days. And there's even more things to come, and soon. Exciting times indeed ...

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Dec 18th, 2017 at 1:40 pm

You should setup a Discord server, it's basically IRC with benefits [it's base is IRC, but it can do everything that Skype can]. and it's free. You (K2) need to create it so you are the server owner. Then maybe we can start seeing people again and having occasional conversations. lol

K2
Administrator

Re: [BLOG] Happy 17th birthday Hardfought!

Postby K2 » Dec 18th, 2017 at 7:56 pm

No need. The IRC channel on freenode is alive and well if you'd care to visit...

https://www.hardfought.org/irclog/

KillerClown

Re: [BLOG] Happy 17th birthday Hardfought!

Postby KillerClown » Dec 18th, 2017 at 11:27 pm

I prefer Discord, where you can actually share stuff (images, videos, articles, etc) and they are given in an embedded format (so, unlike IRC, you actually see what a link is versus just risking it and not knowing what you're clicking on lol). I already run more communication applications than I really want to as is, but Discord has been helping to cut that down. Not only that, but you can also voice chat in the application. Standard IRC is quite outdated and heavily under-functional at this point. Discord also has a mobile app (and a web app) that also contains all these functions. And [if I've read through it correctly] these guys https://titanembeds.com/ have also created a Discord embed for websites (it relays chat).

I have so much I try to keep up with these days, it's a lot of why I visit the site here so infrequently anymore.

Return to “News Postings”