post your speed test

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: Nad, Suck., EatMoreLead

Nad

Re: post your speed test

Postby Nad » Apr 6th, 2015 at 6:00 pm

That is solid. I still live in the country, and am fortunate to have access to U-verse. The next house down can only get DSL. Cable doesn't even exist in my neighborhood.
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll

doofy

Postby doofy » Apr 25th, 2015 at 11:05 pm

KillerClown wrote:
doofy wrote:KC I figured you would still be on dial up... and would still be awping like a champion.

I haven't played CS in a long, long time now, outside of maybe 10 hours total between CSS and CSGO since steam added the stats for CSS into their application (nearly 5 years ago now). It's not, and hasn't been, the same game since they added those, when they also changed recoil and other game mechanics. Honestly, I have yet to find a shooter that I liked playing other than America's Army 3, and it's population was so low that I only played for 6 months or so.

I'm also getting old these days, we weren't all 12 back in the HF days. :P Lost a lot of my skill at shooters, partially because of age (combined with the gradual onset of hereditary osteoarthritis (though most of the effect this has on me is in my back, it does still affect my other joints)) and partially because I just let myself get out of practice. I do frequently think about, and even talk about, the days when I used to be good. I definitely miss those days.

I'm with you on the games. I kept playing CS for a long while after HF, but haven't found anything the same. Doesn't mean I wouldn't still attend HF LAN 9 (?) in 2017.

I'm counting down until the gigabit internet is in every house. Though I was just thinking about how amazing the current speeds are. I remember waiting hours to download a trial of adobe flash. Today I downloaded something similar and had a flashback during the 5 second download time.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » May 9th, 2015 at 3:58 pm

I do still play games on and off, just not CS, or many FPSs for that matter. I played World of Tanks (WoT) for a long time but I quit over a year ago because the playerbase was just too full of idiots, actually sums up a lot of games these days. I play War Thunder (WT) a couple times a week generally, still log in to Star Trek Online a few times a month and play a bit. I'm waiting on Armored Warfare, because it was inspired by WoT and only moves towards more modern tanks/vehicles.

I stay busy or bored most of the time now, though. Doing "light" maintenance on a friend's 8 rental properties and still do PC work occasionally, except my business took a dive in 2008 and never really recovered. I had actually planned on streaming for a while but I've been dealing with PC parts beginning to give out over the last year, replacing them piece by piece as I've been able to. Have a replacement 1TB HDD on the way to me from Seagate, I'm really hoping that will be the last part to replace, at least for a good while, already replaced pretty much every other part so far. Only things that haven't been replaced are HDDs (2 of which are currently showing significant signs of aging), case, and one set of RAM sticks (I ordered a new set of the exact same RAM to boost my PC up to 8GB from 4GB, Windows 8 seriously does not like 4GB, lol).
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Mar 20th, 2016 at 1:10 am

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Mar 22nd, 2016 at 10:09 am

omg fuck you :P

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Mar 23rd, 2016 at 5:46 pm

lol... That's my last step up though, only thing higher is 1gig and it's $50 more per month than I pay now, so that's probably not going to happen (primarily because I don't want to spend money on all the extra hardware I would need to get those speeds). I don't get those speeds normally since my self-built router's (attached image) NICs, and the switch I use, only do 100mb, have to plug my PC straight into the cable modem to get the 200. And being that there's 2 PCs here I can only plug into the modem when the other isn't in use (so late at night basically). The bandwidth increase from 350gb/mth to 450gb/mth was the main reason for the upgrade though.

CAM00175.jpg
Router PC
CAM00175.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 1352 times

Nad

Postby Nad » Apr 1st, 2016 at 5:57 pm

That's nuts
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll

doofy

Postby doofy » Apr 21st, 2016 at 12:44 am

It's only 3870 times faster than what you used to AWP everyone one...

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Apr 26th, 2016 at 5:04 am

Suddenlink has to be one of the best cable providers in the U.S., if not THE best, lol. As of April 1st the top 2 tiers of internet [in any given Suddenlink service area] now have unlimited bandwidth (here 200meg/1gig are the top 2 tiers). :D :D :!:

doofy, lol, I was never really an AWP whore until after I got off the dialup. In the early Hardfought days I used the AK more than anything else (I remember I had over 3.5k kills with it one month back in 1.1). In Source that all changed.

So consistent:

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Jun 18th, 2016 at 10:19 pm

And now it's time for me to cry. I moved recently (making a separate post about this), entirely different company down here and they don't have the service level of Suddenlink. My numbers now look like this:

Though the tech did tell me I would likely see a free upgrade sometime soon this 60/3 service actually costs me $10 more per month than I was paying Suddenlink for 200/20. This service also implements bandwidth limits, so again I'm stuck into that loop of greediness/stupidity, but at least it is a little higher than Suddenlink's limits were (400GB/mth vs 350GB/mth).

Hamiter
Fresh Meat

Postby Hamiter » Aug 4th, 2017 at 2:15 am

How do you all get your pings so low? Mine sucks in comparison.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Aug 4th, 2017 at 4:35 pm

Hamiter wrote:How do you all get your pings so low? Mine sucks in comparison.

It's all about location. Using servers that are within 50 miles will typically give great results in terms of ping.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Aug 4th, 2017 at 9:44 pm

Mine, which is also the connection this site lives on:

Return to “General Discussion”