Life and other things

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: Nad, Suck., EatMoreLead

Campsalot

Life and other things

Postby Campsalot » Mar 28th, 2017 at 8:38 am

Howdy guys, it's Campsalot here. Holy crap! I haven't logged in to this site in so long I forgot my username and password. Let me go on the record as saying that getting my account validated on what is clearly the most exclusive forum on the web (woohoo!) was... a task! :D By the way K2, your email address listed on the site doesn't work anymore (or at least that's what the NDR kept telling me).

Anywho, glad to see there are still a few guys from the old days still around. Hard to believe it has been so long. I don't play games much anymore, my kids are growing faster than weeds (2 in high school and one in junior high), and my job has changed completely since my prime gaming days. But, I'm sure we have all gone through much in the way of change since then.

That said, it's great to see you guys (even you, KC) :P .

Campsalot

K2
Administrator

Re: Life and other things

Postby K2 » Mar 28th, 2017 at 9:12 am

Hey Camps. Yeah account validation took awhile, I hadn't looked it in forever since email was down for a few months. Your accounts email looked legit so I activated it ;)

A few changes around here recently as I'm sure you noticed. A small handful of the original crew still stop by from time to time. Not really sure who still plays FPS games anymore. We've all gotten so old :D Anyways, welcome back Camps.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Mar 28th, 2017 at 9:23 am

Also, your account is still here - just shoot me the password you want, I can reset it, maybe even merge this account with old one. You have over 900 posts here.

SaGe^KS

Postby SaGe^KS » Mar 28th, 2017 at 9:20 pm

Rule #46 of the internet...

IRL respect is measured by online postcounts.
SaGe^KS

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Mar 28th, 2017 at 10:20 pm

SaGe^KS wrote:Rule #46 of the internet...

IRL respect is measured by online postcounts.

Well, he's got a lot of posts under his original account. If I were him, I'd want access to my old account.

Nad

Postby Nad » Mar 29th, 2017 at 11:30 pm

Sup Camps, long time
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll

Campsalot

Postby Campsalot » Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:54 am

I'm back, baby!

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Apr 24th, 2017 at 12:58 am

Bout time you stopped camping and showed your face. :P
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul

Campsalot

Postby Campsalot » Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:17 am

KillerClown wrote:Bout time you stopped camping and showed your face. :P

I never used to camp until I played against you with that friggin AK. Bastard. :P

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Apr 27th, 2017 at 1:33 am

Campsalot wrote:I never used to camp until I played against you with that friggin AK. Bastard. :P

Haha. You'd love to play against me now, I'm freaking horrible at FPS's these days. It's quite embarrassing, so I typically don't play them. :D

Also can't wear headphones for very long, I overheat and/or get headaches.

BTW K2: If you don't fix that tongue face icon I'm going to lose my shit... :D

Here----
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif (1 KiB) Viewed 1250 times

Edit: Hmm, is that an attachment inline thing that is putting the border around it? There is no border on the image.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Apr 27th, 2017 at 4:52 pm

Thanks for the icon fix... you do that or just find it for dark backgrounds? There's a few more that need some love.

The border, not sure. The board recently got an upgrade, I've knocked out most of the look/feel bits, but I've found a few more that need attention and this might be one as well. I'll look into it.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Apr 27th, 2017 at 4:59 pm

Hmm. That's better but it still kinda looks like shit against a dark background. I need to find a proper dark background smiley pack.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » May 12th, 2017 at 12:04 am

I did it, I just removed the specs from the image. And yeah they aren't the nicest emotes for dark background.

On another note, just spent several days in the hospital, had to get my gallbladder removed. Came home yesterday hurting like a son of a bitch, today the persistent pain is gone, but doing anything (sitting/standing/pushing/pulling/turning/coughing/laughing/sneezing) hurts like hell still.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » May 13th, 2017 at 2:17 am

pics! :P

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » May 14th, 2017 at 3:28 pm

I'm not taking a picture of my fat belly. :P You couldn't see much anyway considering I have bandages over the 3 holes they cut in my belly. ;P
Recovery coming along pretty well, as it usually does with gallbladder removal surgery, a few more days and I should be able to do most things normally again (though I do have to limit how much weight I try to pick up, etc, for probably another week or so)

I still see those specks, let's see if this works.
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif (1015 Bytes) Viewed 1127 times

Oh it does, and it makes it back into a spherical shape.

If you want you can zip up the smiley directory and send it to me (or post it here), then I can edit them all to remove those specks. I looked around briefly to see about smiley packs for phpbb but everything I found seemed to be for older versions of phpbb, so editing what exists may be the only "simple" solution, and the only way to ensure you have all of the smileys that are currently here (like the Twisted-Evil, etc). One of those older smiley packs might work though, you'd have to check into it based on the filenames and whatever is in a smiley pack. I'll dig around some more and see what kind of smiley packs I can find, see if there are some neat ones that would be nice to have.

I like the yellow ones from this pack:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... i_smilies/

This pack has a ton of smileys and includes the smileys.pak file (essentially you rename the old smileys.pak and put the new one in and upload the smileys, then it should work out of the box. But I don't have a phpbb/wp setup to test it out on):
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... or_phpbb3/

There are quite a few packs on that site (https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styles/smilies-13), though many just look to be only a couple smileys and you'd have to edit the existing smileys.pak to include them. Look around, see what you think, what you like, etc. If you find a pack that you like that still needs editing just let me know. It may take a little time for me to get them done but it wouldn't be very hard to do.

Return to “General Discussion”