Quiet around these parts...

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

doofy

Quiet around these parts...

Postby doofy » Oct 13th, 2013 at 11:57 pm

Its been over a month since the last post so I figured I'd stir things up a bit. How's everyone doing? I've been playing a little CS:GO when time permits and it reminds me a lot of 1.6. May pick up battlefield 4 when it comes out too, though there isn't much time for games these days. Life treating everyone well?

K2
Administrator

Re: Quiet around these parts...

Postby K2 » Oct 14th, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Things are good here. Just working and doing the family thing. Hasn't really been a whole lot to post about. There will be on the 22nd tho...

Good to see ya doofy.

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Oct 25th, 2013 at 5:07 am

Howdy gang. I'm gonna' take this opportunity to vomit my life story as of late onto the forums.

So I posted a while ago about my daily, intractable migraines, which really made me want to either die or move to Denver and fuck off my sobriety, or sometimes both, but not necessarily in that order. Needless to say, the migraine situation put a damper on grad school. Plus, I remembered that I really didn't like undergrad, and realized that graduate school is more of the same, but with a stupid amount of reading and unnecessary homework, and large projects (sometimes more than one) every week in each class. Given that being a full time student didn't work out, I'm on hiatus from school for now (read: "I ran out of money for school, but will go back to finish my MISM one or two classes at a time like everyone else once I save up some money again").

The good news is that, after a couple years of frequent migraines followed by half a year during which time I had 2 headache-free days, my health is on the mend. After finally getting in to see the best neurologist in the city, he told me he "had nothing to offer me," but he did refer me to a migraine surgeon, citing him as the only person who could possibly help impossible cases like mine. Incidentally, I was already seeking treatment from said surgeon, who shortly thereafter told me "it's been nice knowing you." Both were probably fair assessments. I had hit rebound with migraine meds as a result of over-medication by a dipshit neurologist I had originally been seeing, rendering them permanently damaging. In addition, the Botox treatments administered by the surgeon proved completely ineffective.

As a result, while sitting on the waiting list for research hospitals with good chronic headache programs, the only treatment I've been pursuing for months now has been seeing a chiropractor/craniologist. Occam's Razor would dictate that the work she's been doing is most likely what is making things better. So yeah... flipping my vehicle end over end then rolling it back in 2007'ish had apparently slipped my mind. Despite omitting this information from my intake paperwork, the chiropractor had me on the table for maybe half a minute before she asked me about my really bad accident. It seems that the trauma of careening into an embankment at 75 mph will fuck your shit up. Seriously.

So, long story short, I'm back to looking for a job that requires a college degree (read: "pays well"). Evidently, stepping down from from a management position into a part time stock job to pursue school, then not following-through on school due to still unresolved health issues, looks pretty shitty to just about anyone I would want to work for. Although the interviews I've had have thus far have gone well from my perspective, they have not yet produced a job offer. I've been a kickass employee for every job I've held, so eventually somebody is going to be glad they hired me. There are some avenues I have yet to pursue on this front, which I won't bore you with.

Finally, perhaps the best thing going in my life is that, after a year and a half of marriage, my wife has come to terms with my man-crush on Keith. Oh, and we moved into a house.

-Grant.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Oct 25th, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Man-crush. Awesome :)

So Grant, do you have your bachelor's yet? I can't remember, but I am assuming that you do. I hope you find someone to help with the migraines... I'm sure you've pretty much heard it all by now.

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Oct 26th, 2013 at 2:40 am

Yes, I have a BS in Business Admin with an HR emphasis from KU.

I should've included PuppyNotes™, but the long and short of my above post is that I think the chiropractor is making a difference. The headaches are getting much, much better.

-Grant.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Oct 26th, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Good!

Side note - I will have my associates in general studies this xmas. Only took 23 years but I'll finally have a degree, albeit one that's nothing special. The military doesn't care what you have a degree in though, just as long as you have one ;)

Return to “General Discussion”