[BLOG]: I'm home

Discuss subjects regarding Hardfought news here.

Moderator: News posters

K2
Administrator

[BLOG]: I'm home

Postby K2 » Feb 24th, 2009 at 10:15 am

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Hi all. Finally made it back home from Iraq. No more deployments, no more runnin' off to third-world countries to protect corporate oil interests protect our freedom. Thanks to everyone who welcomed me back on the thread that Jenn started on the msgboard.

So... what's in store now that I'm back? Not too much as of now... I have updated a few things, such as the news posting backend script, and OMG yes there's a new voting poll as well. There are a couple bugs and updates I need to do with the msgboard as well, but luckily nothing major. Eventually I want to revamp the entire site, and write a new page from scratch. That should be plenty to knock the rust of these old coding skills, and give HF a much-needed face lift. Time to join the rest of the 21st century and journey into the realm of Web 2.0 ;-)

Will Hardfought ever host a gaming server again? I just dunno. I have the servers back from Boomhauer, and I'll be moving stateside to Vermont here this summer (I get out of the Army on June 10th). I actually found myself trolling online for dedicated hosting sites in VT, gah! Bottom line is this though - if I can't host for free, it's not gonna happen. Jenn and I are building a new house, I am starting school full-time in the fall, and the subsequent pay cut I'm taking along with every spare penny going towards the new home... it's either free hosting or no hosting. I know some of ya are gonna ask, so there's your answer ;-)

It's good to be home. See you guys online.

Tags: Game Server, Iraq, Web 2.0
Posted under: Hardfought news, Miscellaneous

K2
Administrator

I'm home

Postby K2 » Feb 24th, 2009 at 10:17 pm

Hi! <--- waving :D

What's that word I always say? Oh yeah... discuss! :P

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Feb 25th, 2009 at 12:25 am

Whens the house of the future house party?

Tim~

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Feb 25th, 2009 at 12:25 am

Welcome home, bro. Glad you made it through that shit safe and sound.

You stopping by Dallas any time soon?

-Wid
- The AWP god formerly known as 'WidowMaker' [Retired]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-Game Designer
-Retro Studios - www.retrostudios.com
-If the next Metroid sucks, you will know who to blame.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Feb 25th, 2009 at 12:05 pm

I dunno Wid. I *might* swing thru the entire continental US this summer depending on how much it's gonna cost to ship our second vehicle to VT. The military will only ship one of our vehicles on their tab, I gotta cover the rest. It's a lot cheaper to send a vehicle to San Diego than to New Jersey, but I gotta factor time and cost of gas driving cross-country. If I decide to drive it, I could easily stop in Dallas.

Might be time for HF LAN #8 too if one of ya were willing to host a spot. I dont want a big production this time - just a gathering of friends would be perfect.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Feb 25th, 2009 at 12:12 pm

Timmy wrote:Whens the house of the future house party?

Tim~

I seriously doubt any of you would make the trip up to VT for that ;)

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Feb 25th, 2009 at 5:37 pm

Flights are pretty cheap right now with the economy, hotels are cheap as hell too :)

Tim~

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Feb 25th, 2009 at 8:03 pm

Stop in Ohio. No-one else does,

Return to “News Postings”