Unreal Tournament 3 demo server up

Discuss subjects regarding Hardfought news here.

Moderator: News posters

K2
Administrator

Unreal Tournament 3 demo server up

Postby K2 » Oct 14th, 2007 at 5:47 pm

Go try it out gang, the demo download is free (fileshack or fileplanet). IP is 38.101.79.98:7777

Lemme know whatcha think.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Oct 14th, 2007 at 7:50 pm

Also - if anyone is wanting to play this on a regular basis and wants admin, lemme know.

SinneD

Postby SinneD » Oct 15th, 2007 at 12:55 am

I cant connect to the server :( i cant find it on the server browser either, i have to manually try to connect to it, but it never goes thru just sits at "Connecting" I wouldn't mind being admin on UT3 but i cant connect :(

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Oct 15th, 2007 at 2:08 am

The in-game server browser *sucks* - I have to refresh 2-3 times usually before it pops up, and the list is always different. Make sure ya have vCTF set, plus full AND empty servers selected.

I forgot to mention - look for Hardfought: - UT3 vCTF ( Dallas, TX )

It's also possible that the process bound itself to 38.101.79.96 instead of .98 - I didnt specifically set it to any IP, just figured it's latch onto the primary one. Once it empties out, I can try a setting I recently discovered to latch it onto a specific IP.

EDIT - ok, it's not anything with the client. The error lies with the dedicated server using more than one IP. I have no idea why it was fine for hours and hours, and then all of the sudden you get stuck on the connect screen. But basically, if the ded server resides on a box that uses multiple IP address, the client gets confused on what to connect to, even if the dedicated server specifies its IP. You could have still connected to it directly by bringing down the console and typing 'open 38.101.79.98:7777', but you wouldnt have known that. Problem has been resolved and verified; you should be able to connect now.

SinneD

Postby SinneD » Oct 15th, 2007 at 8:13 pm

Connected to it just now, server runs smooth. I still couldn't find the server on the server browser ( didnt expect to, its still crap), so I had to manually connect to it, and yea I guess the IP was just wrong. I'm guessing the server has been populated all day, i tried to connect earlier today for a good 10 minutes, and it was full, connected just now but it took me a few good minutes of retrying.

Will definatly be getting the game on release day, I havn't really played UT since UT99, and it has been a blast so far

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Oct 15th, 2007 at 11:23 pm

Awesome. I played for a bit earlier today, was a lot of fun. I set it up so when the server is empty, there's 8 bots (4 per team) to play with/against until it fills, which doesn't take long. Bots drop as humans enter one-for-one.

I've already pre-ordered :P I haven't played Unreal anything except for the very first one... AGES ago.

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Oct 15th, 2007 at 11:23 pm

Just played on the server for about an hour and this is a fun game. Been a while since I've played any UT or any deathmatch at all.

The hoverboard is a sweet addition.

Smooth as butter graphics, I was playing at 1280x1024 res. Keep in mind my PC is still old school. Vid card is still AGP but it's a Radeon X1950 Pro. CPU is only a AMD 64 3200.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke

Return to “News Postings”