GG Patriots

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

User avatar
K2
Administrator
Posts: 7113
Joined: Sep 14th, 2002 at 6:33 am

GG Patriots

Postby K2 » Jan 14th, 2007 at 8:23 pm

The Patriots just defeated the 14-2 San Diego Chargers, 24-21, knocking the Chargers outta the playoffs, and advancing to the AFC championship game. Wow.

Was a great game - Patriots came back from behind, scoring 11 unanswered points in the last few minutes. San Diego was actually the team to dominate the field offensively, but missed a 54 yd field goal at the very end to try and tie and it missed, and they had a couple personal fouls that cost 'em, and definitely had an affect on the outcome.

Come to think of it... there was a shitload of flags thrown in this game, on against both sides.

Great game!

User avatar
Maverick
Elite Member
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sep 14th, 2002 at 1:33 pm

Postby Maverick » Jan 14th, 2007 at 8:37 pm

Wtf K2? I didn't even think you knew what a football looked like. :P

The road to the Super Bowl goes thru Indy.

It's all lined-up for Peyton to finally beat the Patriots in the playoffs and go to the Bowl.

Go Colts!
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke


Image

User avatar
K2
Administrator
Posts: 7113
Joined: Sep 14th, 2002 at 6:33 am

Postby K2 » Jan 14th, 2007 at 10:01 pm

Didnt know? WTF?? lol... dude. Just cuz I dont get my panties in a wad about every NFL game ever played, doesnt mean I dont follow or enjoy it. The only reason I really dont get all crazy about it, is because my team, the Houston Oilers, no longer exist.

Now I'm all upset thinking about that... thx Mav ya fooker :(

User avatar
Campsalot
Senior Member
Posts: 911
Joined: Jul 20th, 2003 at 7:17 pm

Postby Campsalot » Jan 14th, 2007 at 10:12 pm

K2 wrote:The only reason I really dont get all crazy about it, is because my team, the Houston Oilers, no longer exist.


I miss Bum. He was awesome.

User avatar
K2
Administrator
Posts: 7113
Joined: Sep 14th, 2002 at 6:33 am

Postby K2 » Jan 14th, 2007 at 10:23 pm

Earl Campbell was the shit.

User avatar
Maverick
Elite Member
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sep 14th, 2002 at 1:33 pm

Postby Maverick » Jan 15th, 2007 at 12:30 am

I guess that's how Baltimore Colts fans feel too.

Just never heard ya talk much about sports in general. So I didn't think you gave too much thought about pro sports.

Yeah it was pretty sad when the Oilers left.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke


Image

User avatar
Jennthrotull
K2's better half
Posts: 135
Joined: Jan 25th, 2006 at 12:43 am

Postby Jennthrotull » Jan 15th, 2007 at 3:42 am

Yea Pats!!! My home team :P

User avatar
Maverick
Elite Member
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sep 14th, 2002 at 1:33 pm

Postby Maverick » Jan 15th, 2007 at 11:14 am

Jennthrotull wrote:Yea Pats!!! My home team :P


Yeah, I figured it was a Jen influence. K2 was too ghey for sports before he met you. :P

Btw Jen. Colts are my team, and this time the Pats are gonna lose in Indy. Peyton can erase all past ghosts in one game.

Though he already technically did when Colts beat the Pats in Foxboro during the regular season. 8)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke


Image

User avatar
K2
Administrator
Posts: 7113
Joined: Sep 14th, 2002 at 6:33 am

Postby K2 » Jan 15th, 2007 at 12:33 pm

I didnt say I was 'for' the Pats nublet - I just said it was a good game, and was worth watching.

Actually, I'd like to see the Saints win the superbowl this year. That'd be awesome - they've never even made it as far as they have now, much less the superbowl game.

User avatar
Best_predator
Banished to Siberia
Posts: 2786
Joined: Dec 21st, 2004 at 5:40 pm

Postby Best_predator » Jan 15th, 2007 at 2:51 pm

K2 wrote:I didnt say I was 'for' the Pats nublet - I just said it was a good game, and was worth watching.

Actually, I'd like to see the Saints win the superbowl this year. That'd be awesome - they've never even made it as far as they have now, much less the superbowl game.



True that, i was rootin for them from the beginning :P. Cause they were the worst team last year lol.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

User avatar
Nad
Moderator
Posts: 2481
Joined: Sep 15th, 2002 at 8:15 am

Postby Nad » Jan 16th, 2007 at 7:40 pm

All i know is this. Hell is frozen solid, cause the Saints are going to the super bowl.

Nothing left to say but "Who Dat?!"
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll
Image

User avatar
Relic
Senior Member
Posts: 604
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2003 at 10:08 pm

Postby Relic » Jan 18th, 2007 at 8:42 am

I highly doubt that the Colts will beat the Patriots.
If the Saints can beat the Bears, in Chicago then I would say that is more of a miracle vs. their amazing season.

Patriot's = Best Superbowl Dynasty Team Ever.
When they win in Feburary, admist teh NFL's parity rules, that is more of an accomplishment than what teh Steeler's did in the 70's. All time greatest team? No way, but, to do what they have done, which is 4 Superbowl victories in 6 years with the current NFL enviroment definitely puts them right up there.



-Relic
Image

YOU CLICK DRAGON

User avatar
Maverick
Elite Member
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sep 14th, 2002 at 1:33 pm

Postby Maverick » Jan 18th, 2007 at 6:18 pm

They already did beat them during the regular season in Foxboro.

GG to the Patriots if they can pull off 2 colossal upsets in a row both on the road.

Go Colts.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke


Image

User avatar
b0ba
Senior Member
Posts: 363
Joined: Sep 15th, 2002 at 10:17 am

Postby b0ba » Jan 19th, 2007 at 5:37 pm

Maverick wrote:Wtf K2? I didn't even think you knew what a football looked like. :P

The road to the Super Bowl goes thru Indy.

It's all lined-up for Peyton to finally beat the Patriots in the playoffs and go to the Bowl.

Go Colts!


Put down the pom poms and pick up a nice warm glass of reality. I have been reading all week about how "it's peytons time" blah blah blah. He threw 5 picks in the last two games. 0 Touchdowns. You may say "he managed the game" no the colts played horrible offenses. All year they cannot stop the run, they say "sanders is back we are doing everything to stop the run" What does KC do...puts the ball in the hands of LJ and lets him run into a wall for four quarters. Baltimore had a piss poor offense and that game could be called from a mile away McNair went 18/29 with 0 TD and 2 picks. He's washed up. The fact of the matter is, Peyton manning does not perform under pressure. In 144 regular season games he has had a passer rating of 40 or lower twice. In i think it was 9 play off games he has had a passer rating under 40 three times. Sunday's game will be a chess match and I think the tag team of Brady and Belichick will be too much for manning and the colts. That long completion to Cauldwell in the fourth quarter was an audible from Brady. He checked the safty off to get single coverage and delivered a perfect pass. The Patriots charged down the field before the half for a key score and in the last 4 or 5 minutes of the game took control. How can you not root for the Patriots, you are witnessing one of the greatest dynastys of all time. Goooooo Patriots!

User avatar
Miracl3
Senior Member
Posts: 596
Joined: Mar 25th, 2006 at 8:51 am

Postby Miracl3 » Jan 19th, 2007 at 6:45 pm

b0ba wrote:
Maverick wrote:Wtf K2? I didn't even think you knew what a football looked like. :P

The road to the Super Bowl goes thru Indy.

It's all lined-up for Peyton to finally beat the Patriots in the playoffs and go to the Bowl.

Go Colts!


Put down the pom poms and pick up a nice warm glass of reality. I have been reading all week about how "it's peytons time" blah blah blah. He threw 5 picks in the last two games. 0 Touchdowns. You may say "he managed the game" no the colts played horrible offenses. All year they cannot stop the run, they say "sanders is back we are doing everything to stop the run" What does KC do...puts the ball in the hands of LJ and lets him run into a wall for four quarters. Baltimore had a piss poor offense and that game could be called from a mile away McNair went 18/29 with 0 TD and 2 picks. He's washed up. The fact of the matter is, Peyton manning does not perform under pressure. In 144 regular season games he has had a passer rating of 40 or lower twice. In i think it was 9 play off games he has had a passer rating under 40 three times. Sunday's game will be a chess match and I think the tag team of Brady and Belichick will be too much for manning and the colts. That long completion to Cauldwell in the fourth quarter was an audible from Brady. He checked the safty off to get single coverage and delivered a perfect pass. The Patriots charged down the field before the half for a key score and in the last 4 or 5 minutes of the game took control. How can you not root for the Patriots, you are witnessing one of the greatest dynastys of all time. Goooooo Patriots!

rofl I think its funny that mostly everyone is rooting for Pats. They do have a better rounded team but Peyton is much better then Brady to me. And BTW Vick is still best QB!!! Not to mention the highest paid NFL player wehn it comes down to contracts. Check for yourself Currently the Falcons are fucking up their game plan. They need to get some better rookies that could develop into better players. They still have almost same roster as 2004. Oh well maybe they'll make it to the bowl again one day.

User avatar
b0ba
Senior Member
Posts: 363
Joined: Sep 15th, 2002 at 10:17 am

Postby b0ba » Jan 19th, 2007 at 7:04 pm

You lost all credability by saying Vick is the highest paid QB and the best. I root for the Pats cuz I am from New England, I am not a bandwagoner. Vick is a horrible QB sure he's a good running back, but c'mon hes god aweful and controlling a game. Brady is 10-0 in Domes and 12-1 in the Playoffs. How can you say Peyton is better than him. Oh and if you did your homework you would know that Tom Brady signed a contract to make him the fourth highest paid QB, he did this so that there would be more cap money to build a team because he just wants championship. To equate salary to skill is like comparing apples and oranges

User avatar
Maverick
Elite Member
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sep 14th, 2002 at 1:33 pm

Postby Maverick » Jan 19th, 2007 at 11:44 pm

boba, it's funny to me that all the fgt pundits and analysts are jumping back on to the Colts bandwagon now. Before this they gave the Colts at most a 50/50 chance vs the mighty Chiefs and LJ. Then absolutely no one gave them any chance to beat the Ravens at home. Now it's like the Colts already have the damn Lombardi Trophy reserved. I preferred the Colts having under-dog status.

The Patriots won their "Super Bowl" already when they beat the Chargers last week.

Everyone knows they "should" have lost that game.

But keep enjoying the good ole days.

It's convenient that you don't recall the last 2 games at Foxboro in which the Patriots lost to the Colts 40-21 & 27-20 respectively.

People like to label Peyton because he was a #1 draft pick and of high pedigree. So if he doesn't win a Super Bowl every year then he's labeled a "dissapointment". The fact is he's one of the best QB's ever.

Regardless, it should be a classic game on Sunday. Two bitter rivals and two very good football teams.

Go Colts!
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke


Image

User avatar
Mouser
Elite Member
Posts: 1633
Joined: Dec 12th, 2004 at 8:34 pm

Postby Mouser » Jan 20th, 2007 at 4:51 am

There's no question that Tom Brady is the better quarterback. He has better leadership, decision making, and handling of pressure in big games. He is Mr. Clutch. Nobody has a playoff record like he does and he will likely surpass Montana in terms of greatness.

Manning on the other hand has exhibited none of the above in big games and has only proved he can put up flashy numbers in the regular season...which is reminiscent of Marino...who also never won a ring.

User avatar
Miracl3
Senior Member
Posts: 596
Joined: Mar 25th, 2006 at 8:51 am

Postby Miracl3 » Jan 20th, 2007 at 6:39 am

b0ba wrote:You lost all credability by saying Vick is the highest paid QB and the best. I root for the Pats cuz I am from New England, I am not a bandwagoner. Vick is a horrible QB sure he's a good running back, but c'mon hes god aweful and controlling a game. Brady is 10-0 in Domes and 12-1 in the Playoffs. How can you say Peyton is better than him. Oh and if you did your homework you would know that Tom Brady signed a contract to make him the fourth highest paid QB, he did this so that there would be more cap money to build a team because he just wants championship. To equate salary to skill is like comparing apples and oranges
rofl u idget... read this.
Falcons beat pats in their first exhibition game this yr so blow me. And btw HOW COULD I LOSE CREDIT FOR SAYING HES HIGHEST PAID NFL PLAYER! I fucking first read it in Guinness Book. But they go by Contract Salary
Last edited by Miracl3 on Jan 20th, 2007 at 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Miracl3
Senior Member
Posts: 596
Joined: Mar 25th, 2006 at 8:51 am

Postby Miracl3 » Jan 20th, 2007 at 6:40 am

well... nm read this too. Vick got caught with pcp or hash yesterday @ airport.

User avatar
Maverick
Elite Member
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sep 14th, 2002 at 1:33 pm

Postby Maverick » Jan 21st, 2007 at 6:38 pm

Mouser wrote:There's no question that Tom Brady is the better quarterback. He has better leadership, decision making, and handling of pressure in big games. He is Mr. Clutch. Nobody has a playoff record like he does and he will likely surpass Montana in terms of greatness.

Manning on the other hand has exhibited none of the above in big games and has only proved he can put up flashy numbers in the regular season...which is reminiscent of Marino...who also never won a ring.


Brady didn't do it all by himself. Football is a team sport remember?

I think some guy named Vinatieri has something to say about winning those Super Bowls.

Good thing the Colts have that guy now.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke


Image

User avatar
Miracl3
Senior Member
Posts: 596
Joined: Mar 25th, 2006 at 8:51 am

Postby Miracl3 » Jan 21st, 2007 at 7:26 pm

Mouser wrote:There's no question that Tom Brady is the better quarterback. He has better leadership, decision making, and handling of pressure in big games. He is Mr. Clutch. Nobody has a playoff record like he does and he will likely surpass Montana in terms of greatness.

Manning on the other hand has exhibited none of the above in big games and has only proved he can put up flashy numbers in the regular season...which is reminiscent of Marino...who also never won a ring.
WTF dude.....You must be joking about him surpassing Montana. Tom Brady got his ass wore out by the ATL defense outta all defenses. ATL's defence cost pats their first exhibition loss of season.
So u pat followers dont underestimate an underdog.

User avatar
Mouser
Elite Member
Posts: 1633
Joined: Dec 12th, 2004 at 8:34 pm

Postby Mouser » Jan 21st, 2007 at 8:14 pm

First off, I'm not a pat fan. I actually hate them, but respect them.

I respect Brady very much because no quarterback in the league at this time has had the success as he has had nor have they shown the poise in big games as he has.

Miracl3, exhibition games mean absolute squat. Atlanta can sit on their pre-season game all they want because they are watching the pats on TV right now.

If Brady wins this Super bowl, he ties Montana for super bowl wins and kills Montana's playoff record. It's stupid to make the case that Brady is not close to Montana in terms of playig the position. Big numbers mean squat when compared with the intangibles that allow a quarterback to get it done on the field and continually win...which is what Brady has shown.

User avatar
Miracl3
Senior Member
Posts: 596
Joined: Mar 25th, 2006 at 8:51 am

Postby Miracl3 » Jan 21st, 2007 at 8:50 pm

Mouser wrote:First off, I'm not a pat fan. I actually hate them, but respect them.

I respect Brady very much because no quarterback in the league at this time has had the success as he has had nor have they shown the poise in big games as he has.

Miracl3, exhibition games mean absolute squat. Atlanta can sit on their pre-season game all they want because they are watching the pats on TV right now.

If Brady wins this Super bowl, he ties Montana for super bowl wins and kills Montana's playoff record. It's stupid to make the case that Brady is not close to Montana in terms of playig the position. Big numbers mean squat when compared with the intangibles that allow a quarterback to get it done on the field and continually win...which is what Brady has shown.

I dont give a car less about stats, Tom Brady will never be good as Montana nor surpass him.

User avatar
Mouser
Elite Member
Posts: 1633
Joined: Dec 12th, 2004 at 8:34 pm

Postby Mouser » Jan 21st, 2007 at 8:59 pm

Lol oooookay.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests