PS3 madness

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

Campsalot

PS3 madness

Postby Campsalot » Nov 16th, 2006 at 9:47 am

So my oldest son (6 years old) and I were running some errands last night and we made a quick stop at Target. As we are walking up to the front doors my son points out "hey dad, what's that tent doing in front of the store?" I've seen stores put tents and other various outdoor furnishings in front of their stores as a means of promoting the items, and although I admit I have never seen target (especially one at a mall) do such a thing, I just shrugged it off as such. However, when we got a bit closer, I noticed someone coming out of the tent. It was then that it clicked... these doofs (yeah.. there were a total of 5.. COUNT THEM 5.. in that tent) were camping out a solid 2 DAYS before the friggin PS3 hit the shelves. I'm not a console guy, so maybe I just don't understand the madness behind the new PS3. I've heard of stuff like this happening before for other things (case and point); however, this is the first time I had seen it with my own eyes... and been able to laugh at them in person. :P

Camps

pyrox420
Elite Member

Postby pyrox420 » Nov 16th, 2006 at 10:10 am

It is kinda funny what people will do to get a PS3... almost all of the people i've talked to that are waiting in line are looking to see them on ebay for boat loads of cash. Funny thing is... everyone in line is waiting to do that. I think the ebay price will be lower than what they paid for it!
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here". - Jayne

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Nov 16th, 2006 at 10:17 am

It's even more silly when you consider the fact that in 2 months, you will be able to go into the same stores and buy one off the shelf.

-Wid
- The AWP god formerly known as 'WidowMaker' [Retired]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-Game Designer
-Retro Studios - www.retrostudios.com
-If the next Metroid sucks, you will know who to blame.

Campsalot

Postby Campsalot » Nov 16th, 2006 at 3:40 pm

Hahahaha!! This is friggin classic. Let the madness continue!!!

click here

Camps

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Nov 16th, 2006 at 5:29 pm

lol ive been hearing bout this on radio every morning and they said frst goofs started showing up FOUR days before it comes out. Basicly there was one guy(boss of some kind) who said he'll pay 600$ on top of every ps3, so 20 of his workers are standing there for 2 days now. This is a really smart ass thing to do. Those guys gona make 600$ in 2 days and a half, which is not that bad for burger flippers. And the boss is gona sell each of those PS3 for 4ks... everyone wins and the boss gets himself a new luxury car.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Nov 16th, 2006 at 6:38 pm

You think thats silly?

How bout camping out for the opening of a furniture store?

http://www.news8austin.com/content/top_ ... rID=174692
I really need to change this sig

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Nov 16th, 2006 at 8:47 pm

Campsalot wrote:Hahahaha!! This is friggin classic. Let the madness continue!!!

click here

Camps

Whoever bought that, is DUMB.

Phoenix
Elite Member

Postby Phoenix » Nov 16th, 2006 at 11:01 pm

pre order it.... just go into a game stop, say 10-12 months ago. Place an order, pick it up.... wtf is with these fuck tards
Former HF clan member, server admin, all around troll

"You don't do things right once-in-a-while. You do them right all the time."- Vince Lombardi

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Nov 17th, 2006 at 8:21 am

WidowMaker wrote:It's even more silly when you consider the fact that in 2 months, you will be able to go into the same stores and buy one off the shelf.

-Wid

Lol, no, this is actually going to go on like this for at least another 6-8 months, when the PS2 came out, you couldn't find it anywhere for a year.

And it's not actually stupid if you think about the profit these guys are making. These guys are going to make at the very least 1400$ in 2 days and PS3s are selling for 10k on eBay, so obviously it's worth it.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Nov 17th, 2006 at 10:23 am

Keyser Soze wrote:And it's not actually stupid if you think about the profit these guys are making. These guys are going to make at the very least 1400$ in 2 days and PS3s are selling for 10k on eBay, so obviously it's worth it.

Whoever posted that, is DUMB.

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Nov 17th, 2006 at 10:23 am

They are nto selling for 10k.

-Wid

-Game Designer

sohpriest

Postby sohpriest » Nov 17th, 2006 at 7:24 pm

That had to be a bogus bid. It went from $4,500 to $10,000 in one bid if it is the one I saw. It's going to be so buggy for a while who would want one
"I am Jack's smirking revenge."

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Nov 17th, 2006 at 7:42 pm

There are many auctions on ebay where people are putting in false bids just to grief the seller.

The average sell price is 2-3k. Still way too much money for a stupid game machine, imho.

-Wid

-Game Designer

ender*(gayless)

Postby ender*(gayless) » Nov 17th, 2006 at 11:33 pm

just buy a 360 and a wii and call it a day.
ender will save us all

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Nov 18th, 2006 at 12:50 am

I waited for 8 hours in line from 11pm-7am in 35 degree weather sitting on concrete with no chair or blanket. Number 11th in line at Best Buy (the only one in the entire city, capital of this state). I didn't get one. :/

Mouser
Elite Member

Postby Mouser » Nov 19th, 2006 at 10:35 am

Wii is out today and I'm picking up my reserved unit. $250 is much more reasonable for a console than what the bloated ps3 is asking. Blu-ray will lose to HDdvd and it will be worthless as anything more than an expensive console with marginally better graphics.

monica

Postby monica » Nov 19th, 2006 at 12:41 pm

Catharsys

Postby Catharsys » Nov 19th, 2006 at 1:15 pm

All the peeps i knew got one. Only 1 of them is keeping it.

Walmart setup a 58" plasma for everyone with chairs inside.

G Zus

Postby G Zus » Nov 19th, 2006 at 5:32 pm

when it first came on e-bay, i remember seeing one selling for 4.1k or something. then started decreasing bigtime. bet that first guy felt really stupid haha. he probably thinks he'll get it 5 minutes sooner tho'

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Nov 22nd, 2006 at 11:56 am

I got to be the lucky one to ciorral these fools. Probably 200 people showed up for a total of 8 units. They had themselves and friends posted in every corner of the store becausw we refused to say where we were gonna start the line. When we announced where the line was, it took all of about 10 seconds to fill the chairs. Then it became "Lets make a deal" as some fool waved cash in teh air screaming "I'll give anyone $300 for their seat right now". Hell some guy tried to grease the wheels with me with $400 if I'ld hold one for him. At the end of the nuight, sold all 8, and only 2 people bought a game.

Now compare that to the Wii, wher the crowd was fun and were doing a great job of entertaining themselves(a couple brought their DS and played against epople they didn't know in MarioCart), and they bought out every damn accessory I ahd at the end of the night, plus 2-3 games a piece.

Wii> PS3 seems to me. At least their fans are more loyal.

Return to “General Discussion”