Stop the hate!! ...or keep it going...or whatever.

Games such as Quake, CounterStrike, Unreal Tournament, Team Fortress, or any 'first person shooter' can be discussed here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

carnage

Stop the hate!! ...or keep it going...or whatever.

Postby carnage » Oct 31st, 2006 at 7:42 pm

Hey guys. Its your friendly neighborhood Carnage. Its been awhile, since I've posted, and Im sure some of you may not even know who I am. I was reading some of the posts regarding BF2142, and sensed...a little bit of hate ;).

In all reality, the game is more polished than BF2 was. I know many of you will laugh, but there was a zero day patch for the game. Pretty much par for the course for EA, but I can honestly say I have not had any more disconnects than your average online game. I believe I have had one disconnect, but the server wasnt available, so Im guessing it was a server crash. I have not been dropped to desktop once. I had one problem with being on the Titan and my screen going black, but I found a resolution right away (it had to do with dynamic lighting setting being on low). I purchased the game on release day and have pretty much played straight. So, all in all the game has seen a pretty stable release. Anyone familiar with the series can pretty much say that has not happened since the original 1942. Of course, all of this could go out the door with their first patch. At the very least, it doesnt appear that the game is in bad need of one right now.

I know I won't convince anyone to buy the game, and that wasn't my intention, but I will say that it is nowhere near as bad as most of you think it is.

Carn

Mouser
Elite Member

Postby Mouser » Oct 31st, 2006 at 7:48 pm

It's not about coding, it's about principle.

Campsalot

Postby Campsalot » Oct 31st, 2006 at 9:06 pm

...and then some.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Oct 31st, 2006 at 10:23 pm

Hiya carnage!

Good to know that EA may have done at least something right with BF2142.

BTW - got your email, will reply soon ;)

Campsalot

Postby Campsalot » Nov 1st, 2006 at 5:57 am

K2 wrote:Good to know that EA may have done at least something right with BF2142.

Sell out! :D

Must.... boycott.... all things.... EA!!!

carnage

Postby carnage » Nov 1st, 2006 at 11:32 am

Mouser wrote:It's not about coding, it's about principle.

I can understand not liking a game because of it's faults, but what principle is this?

Carn

Jahiliyya

Postby Jahiliyya » Nov 1st, 2006 at 2:32 pm

carnage wrote:
Mouser wrote:It's not about coding, it's about principle.

I can understand not liking a game because of it's faults, but what principle is this?

Carn

When you've been anally fucked don't go asking for more. (unless you liked it, carn....you homo)
There's a blip that hovers that city that can see thry anything, like x-ray, they can see everything you do. ~Keyser

carnage

Postby carnage » Nov 2nd, 2006 at 12:34 pm

Jahiliyya wrote:When you've been anally fucked don't go asking for more. (unless you liked it, carn....you homo)

"Dont ask, dont tell" I always say ;)

I guess I don't generally let past issues in the way of deciding on future/new titles even from the same developer. I'm pretty optomistic like that, though. I hope that they learn from past issues. DICE is generally been good about it, and I seriously think they did pretty good on 2142, myself. *shrug* I can understand how it can turn some people off, though.

Carn

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Nov 2nd, 2006 at 7:30 pm

carnage wrote:
Jahiliyya wrote:When you've been anally fucked don't go asking for more. (unless you liked it, carn....you homo)

"Dont ask, dont tell" I always say ;)

I guess I don't generally let past issues in the way of deciding on future/new titles even from the same developer. I'm pretty optomistic like that, though. I hope that they learn from past issues. DICE is generally been good about it, and I seriously think they did pretty good on 2142, myself. *shrug* I can understand how it can turn some people off, though.

Carn

Perhaps it was EA's willingness to fix shit that wasn't broken while totally ignoring things that were? Totally ignoring customer suggestions who actually bought the game, instead going with "industry standard setting innovations". How about fucking people over when it came tot he whole ranking system in the beginning. It was damn near impossible to have a ranked server unless you were fucking rich, let alone play on one.

carnage

Postby carnage » Nov 3rd, 2006 at 8:14 pm

JayPhat wrote:Perhaps it was EA's willingness to fix shit that wasn't broken while totally ignoring things that were? Totally ignoring customer suggestions who actually bought the game, instead going with "industry standard setting innovations". How about fucking people over when it came tot he whole ranking system in the beginning. It was damn near impossible to have a ranked server unless you were fucking rich, let alone play on one.

Remember that DICE is the developer of the game and is the company solely responsible for the fixes. I agree that the requirements for the ranked server were a little rediculous at the beginning. This is one area where there is no problem in 2142. I think I saw no less than 300 ranked servers from the start. Many of them were adminned by clans.

Carn

Return to “FPS/Action Games”