new hlstatsx

Wanna discuss anything about the Hardfought game servers, from game mods to hardware specs? Do it right HERE.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., G$, Burzum, WidowMaker

K2
Administrator

new hlstatsx

Postby K2 » Apr 21st, 2006 at 5:11 am

I've redid hlstatsx, and have offloaded it to a completely different box (bubba jr.)

You can view the webstats here - http://74.52.8.242/hlstatsx/hlstats.php?game=css

The perl module also runs on the box, and NOT the game server anymore. I installed mysql 5/php 5 on this system, enabled IIS 6, installed activeperl 5.8.x, set up hlstatsx, and got everything running together quite nicely I think.

The in-game stats menu is a LOT more responsive than before, as the dbase it's now tied to is local on the same box, as opposed to being 1500 miles away. The perl module is grabbing stats over a local network (both this machine and the game box are on the same subnet) and sending them to a dbase that's local to it on the same machine, so hopefully no more ultra-frequent disconnects between the perl module and the dbase, which means session data in-game should be much more accurate. It also means that the in-game and webstats are in real time. This is as good as it gets.

I am not importing any stats at all, so consider this a 'reset' as well as a final test run - if everything goes well, I'll reset again June 1st, hand out somethin for the top players, and reset once a month.

Also, another command you can issue in-game - http://74.52.8.242/hlstatsx/ingame.php?mode=help - look at the hlx_auto command. Instead of having to type 'rank' all the time, you can tell hlstatsx to show you your rank after a certain event.

Example - in chat if I type 'hlx_auto kill rank', thereafter everytime I die, the in-game menu will auto popup showing me my rank and session data.

Psychostats will also stay up and running during the next few weeks. When I get back from the Mojove, we'll see how hlstatsx has performed without any user intervention, take a vote to see what ya'll like better, and go from there.

I leave in less than 24 hrs from this post - I have no idea if I'll have net access or not (probably wont), but feel free to discuss this anyways. I'll read and chime in when I can.

Enjoy :P

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Apr 21st, 2006 at 5:19 am

The stats are blank!

edit: i would like to point out my recent BF2 rank.

edit2: Has my favorite feature: Instant website update. I just got a kill and checked the stats page, gg it's there already. Player 1 of 1. :)

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Apr 21st, 2006 at 5:46 am

Daily awards are now working. There's a seperate perl script ya execute once a day, and what I am pretty sure it does is tally up everything from the day prior, and calculates the awards for that day.

I have the script set to run at 6am every morning. So when it runs the morning of say, the 28th, it *should* show and calculate awards for the 27th.

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Apr 21st, 2006 at 6:40 am

awesome!

at some point will this take over the current "game stats" link on the website?
I've been deleted!!

FuManChuu

Postby FuManChuu » May 7th, 2006 at 2:41 pm

<3 HLX... gives me something to soak my sorrows in immediately after i get DE'd for the 3rd round in a row

edit1:

ditto on the game stats link
o_O

Return to “Game Server”