Hardgaming throws in the towel

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

K2
Administrator

Hardgaming throws in the towel

Postby K2 » Mar 27th, 2006 at 6:36 pm

Kind of a shocker here - http://www.hardgaming.com/

HG had been around almost as long as us, I think we only have a year, year and a half tops on 'em. They had a decent community, much like us in some aspects, and at one point were just as popular as we were if not moreso. Looks like tho that Duck is killing not just the game servers, but the website, msgboards, everything :roll: Yeah, we've had the game servers go away either because of financial reasons, or me just gettin fed up :P but the community has always lasted and endured. Which speaks for itself I think.

GL and HF, Duck and the rest of the Hardgaming crew.

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Mar 27th, 2006 at 6:56 pm

pwnt.

PS servermatrix lags on will.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Mar 27th, 2006 at 7:10 pm

They can't do what we do.

K2 said shocker.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Mar 27th, 2006 at 9:37 pm

wonder if this is his annual dramatic shut everything down but then bring it back up in 3 weeks routine?
EatMoreLead aka EML

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Mar 27th, 2006 at 10:10 pm

EatMoreLead wrote:wonder if this is his annual dramatic shut everything down but then bring it back up in 3 weeks routine?

A tactic mastered by none other than our own k2 ... :wicked:

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Mar 27th, 2006 at 10:37 pm

rekloose-[PUPPY] wrote:
EatMoreLead wrote:wonder if this is his annual dramatic shut everything down but then bring it back up in 3 weeks routine?

A tactic mastered by none other than our own k2 ... :wicked:

The similarities abound.
I really need to change this sig

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Mar 27th, 2006 at 10:49 pm

Fuck all ya'll ;)

And I fixed the lag issue on the server - was a missing process on the box. Network was fine.

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Mar 28th, 2006 at 1:40 am

Ya know, I used to have a couple of their servers on my favorites. And I NEVER saw them full.
I've been deleted!!

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Mar 28th, 2006 at 2:35 am

For awhile hardgaming's dust/dust2 only servers were full 24/7 for months on end. According to game-monitor.com they were in the top 100 CSS servers for that time fire (best we ever got was top 300 I think).

b0ba

Postby b0ba » Mar 28th, 2006 at 2:43 am

but we were #1 in cool

ender*(gayless)

Postby ender*(gayless) » Mar 28th, 2006 at 2:51 am

b0ba wrote:but we were #1 in (edit) gay
ender will save us all

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Mar 28th, 2006 at 3:15 am

K2 wrote:For awhile hardgaming's dust/dust2 only servers were full 24/7 for months on end. According to game-monitor.com they were in the top 100 CSS servers for that time fire (best we ever got was top 300 I think).

Oh. I never added those servers.
I would never play on a dust/dust2 only server in the first place. They don't count as real servers. Nub servers maybe.

Ok, I didn't read his news post at first. Now that I've read it, I think he's a whiny bitch.
I've been deleted!!

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Mar 28th, 2006 at 3:43 am

Duck is actually a very nice guy. I've met him before, we did lunch at Hooters in Addison one day. We all have our stress and pressures and what not, and I guess for him, it wasnt worth it anymore.

Personally I wouldnt drop the website or msgboards (FYI - no matter what happens to our game server, the website will always be a constant, as it always has been - this community will never die until I do) but that's his perrogative (sp). Hardfought has proven time and time again that's it's not necessarily having a game server that makes you a success.

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Mar 28th, 2006 at 4:01 am

K2 wrote:Personally I wouldnt drop the website or msgboards (FYI - no matter what happens to our game server, the website will always be a constant, as it always has been - this community will never die until I do) but that's his perrogative (sp). Hardfought has proven time and time again that's it's not necessarily having a game server that makes you a success.

Forums and the website form the true heart of the community, and can live on long after extremities, such as game servers, are gone. This is eximplified by Beer for Breakfast, which will continue to exist as a community as long as Zippo is gracious enough to host forums, and we've got an IRC channel.

-Grant.

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Mar 28th, 2006 at 1:02 pm

I recognize a few the of the HG guys. They're always welcome to come play with us!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Mar 28th, 2006 at 1:48 pm

I actually started off playing on their servers and accidently because of the name similarities i came into Hard "Fought" thinking it was just renames Hard "Gaming". Now im in hf clan O.o
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Mar 28th, 2006 at 1:52 pm

And we curse the day that happened pred :P

<3

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Mar 28th, 2006 at 4:29 pm

Best_predator wrote:I actually started off playing on their servers and accidently because of the name similarities i came into Hard "Fought" thinking it was just renames Hard "Gaming". Now im in hf clan O.o

yeah, and we still haven't been able to figure out a way to get rid of you :/

pyrox420
Elite Member

Postby pyrox420 » Mar 28th, 2006 at 4:30 pm

Suck. wrote:
K2 wrote:Personally I wouldnt drop the website or msgboards (FYI - no matter what happens to our game server, the website will always be a constant, as it always has been - this community will never die until I do) but that's his perrogative (sp). Hardfought has proven time and time again that's it's not necessarily having a game server that makes you a success.

Forums and the website form the true heart of the community, and can live on long after extremities, such as game servers, are gone.
I find it funny that the day we talk about this... the database goes down and the forums were innaccessible. :twisted:
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here". - Jayne

Return to “General Discussion”