My first movie

Anything and everything goes here... post away!

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Nad, Suck.

Keyser Soze
The Devil

My first movie

Postby Keyser Soze » Oct 4th, 2005 at 5:33 pm

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=10FX ... U5PPGGQ6AL

It's my first CS:S movie, now keep in mind I am still a noob at Vegas and I was also sort of in a hurry to get my first movie out. Also, I had a lot more footage, but it seems that the new update fucked it up and the demos only record for about 10 minutes. So this is what was saved.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Nad

Postby Nad » Oct 4th, 2005 at 5:37 pm

274mb of shit.
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll

Shade
Elite Member

Postby Shade » Oct 4th, 2005 at 5:39 pm

hey try making that a bin file or atleast a .rar, its 250 megs dude
ClanKiller | Shade

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Oct 4th, 2005 at 5:47 pm

Just put it on download and minimize it, it shouldn't effect your connection if you have broadband.

b0ba

Postby b0ba » Oct 4th, 2005 at 5:50 pm

don't watch this demo...it will make you worse at cs:s

Nad

Postby Nad » Oct 4th, 2005 at 5:51 pm

....................................... but

Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Oct 4th, 2005 at 5:54 pm

Oh and this definatly isn't my last movie, expect more. :)

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Oct 4th, 2005 at 5:55 pm

yeah, without even looking at this video i have a recommendation for movie #2:

read up on compression.

Mouser
Elite Member

Postby Mouser » Oct 4th, 2005 at 6:19 pm

Since this is your first movie, I'm going to rip it hard since you want real criticism otherwise #2 will be just as shitty.

1. Noone needs a flyby of 6 maps. They don't even need 1. Anyone who is watching cs vids already know the maps and it ends up looking like filler because you didn't have anything elxse to show them. 3 and a half minutes is just ludicrous.

2. You NEED more footage. Seriously, take a month or two to just record EVERYTHING you do. You like to scrim alot and scrim footage tends to add more legitimacy to the movie since you see people with the same clan tags and the gameplay is of a higher caliber. There's just way too much footage of spraying and camping. At least edit the camping down so it doesn't look like that's what you were doing at long A.

3. When you have more footage than you know what to do with, take only the precision shots or great streaks. Don't throw in a couple weak kills as that kind of lowers the intensity. You will probably only use about 5% of the footage you take.

4. DON'T use footage of you TKing. I saw that twice in there. It makes you look jittery. If the goal is to make you look 1337 or whatever, then leave it out. Showing you being tk'd is ok after a good run.

5. Keep up with the vids that are out in the community and look at them for inspiration or ideas of what not to do.

6. You played The Used "Take it away." That was used in the JD Source video that was pretty well distributed. Try and know what's been used and find songs that grant your vid a certain amount of uniquity. You can use it if you KNOW your video is going to better than the other person's. But watching a video that uses a song that you've seen in the last 3 videos you've watched makes it bland.

7. The best way to keep someone watching is to edit the hell out of the shots. Cut out the lead up to the kills and what happens after. Try to keep as much precision action going and never let it drop. You can however use the lead in at certain points to break up the monotony. Kind of like ups and downs as it tends to give it more of a theatrical feel. Use a little slowmotion at points, but don't go overboard. The emphasis is on the action.

It's not bad for you first, but that doesn't mean it's good. I'm just being honest.

b0ba

Postby b0ba » Oct 5th, 2005 at 11:44 am

amen mouser

Return to “General Discussion”