Destiny

Games such as Quake, CounterStrike, Unreal Tournament, Team Fortress, or any 'first person shooter' can be discussed here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

Nad

Destiny

Postby Nad » Jul 28th, 2014 at 12:06 am

Did anyone else play the beta this week? Game is looking pretty good. Kind of a mix FPS/RPG, and they did it well. Looking forward to the September 9 launch.
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll

K2
Administrator

Re: Destiny

Postby K2 » Jul 28th, 2014 at 12:18 am

Nope. Never heard of it. Details?

Nad

Postby Nad » Jul 28th, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Made by Bungie, co-op online shooter. Real character progression, weapons and armor are vendor purchased, or mob dropped. Rare mob drops being more powerful. Think post apocalyptic space travel alien version of everquest with machine guns and spell casting, all rolled into an FPS.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Jul 28th, 2014 at 10:54 pm

Full of win.

SaGe^KS

Postby SaGe^KS » Sep 4th, 2014 at 11:31 am

I have already gathered a group of 8-10 people starting with me on PS4. I'll be starting up a clan/guild. Reply if anyone cares to join us. Or hit me on on release day as PSN tag SaGeKS.

See you in Old Russia!

And K2... do you live underneath a rock somewhere? This is one of the most highly anticipated releases of a game in long long time. :-P
SaGe^KS

SaGe^KS

Postby SaGe^KS » Sep 4th, 2014 at 11:35 am

Here are some redemption codes for Destiny Release.

Redeem them here: http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

1. Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9
2. Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A
3. Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH
4. Rixis: TCN-HCD-TGY
5. Old-Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K
6. Hive: 473-MXR-3X9
7. Moon: JMR-LFN-4A3
8. Gjallorhorn: HC3-H44-DKC
9. Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA
10.The Tower: 69P-VCH-337
11. The Hive: Ogre 69R-CKD-X7L
12. Valley of the kings, Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP
13. The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG
14. Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A
15. The Cabal: 69X-DJN-74V
16. The Devastated Coast, Venus: 6A7-7NP-3X7
17. Vex Minotaur: 6A9-DTG-YGN
18. Planets: 7F9-767-F74

Enjoy!
SaGe^KS

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:32 pm

SaGe^KS wrote:And K2... do you live underneath a rock somewhere? This is one of the most highly anticipated releases of a game in long long time. :-P

Yup.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Ah of course it's for console only. I wont be playing it.

Nad

Postby Nad » Sep 7th, 2014 at 11:47 pm

Clans work cross platform, so PS4 clans can join up with X1 clans. Unfortunately, they can't actually play together, but they can work on clan achievements and whatnot.

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Sep 9th, 2014 at 10:50 am

I'm playing on PS4. PSN name is mugwurt

And hello to everyone! Haven't seen any of you in a long while. Hope everyone is doing well.
- The AWP god formerly known as 'WidowMaker' [Retired]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-Game Designer
-Retro Studios - www.retrostudios.com
-If the next Metroid sucks, you will know who to blame.

Nad

Postby Nad » Sep 12th, 2014 at 12:34 pm

What up Bobby! You still working for Armature? What kind of stuff are you working on now?

Nad

Postby Nad » Sep 26th, 2014 at 10:26 am

So, a little review of the game now that I've been playing it for a while.

Story is good, but short. They have plans to release more story as time goes on, and started that this week with The Queen's Wrath. Kind of a rehash of the old missions, but with high end loot rewards.

PvP is good, but it needs some weapon balance. The best thing about PvP is it that all stats are normalized, so every player regardless of level has the same armor factor and their weapon damage is equalized no matter what level you are or your weapon is. Shotguns rule and have a decent range, and scout rifles are weak, but they are addressing this in a future patch per this week's press release. The only advantage that higher level/better equipped players get is abilities and weapon upgrades like quick reload and better optics. So it is definitely worth the effort to level up and gear up, but it doesn't give such a competitive advantage that a newbie can't get into the Crucible and enjoy it.

Loot is a whole different ballgame. If you aren't in good with RNGesus, you can really get hosed. By completing missions you get faction and points to use at certain vendors, and that is some of the best loot available outside of high end raid content. For example, you can dominate a map in PvP, and literally get no loot reward, while the AFK guy goes 1-20 and pulls exotic gear from the RNG. Really pissing a lot of people off, but I think the community is vocal enough that they'll fix it before people start trading their game in.

DLC is coming. I hate that companies are now releasing games, and then charging for mini expansion packs every couple of months. I'd prefer much more content from the beginning, then a huge expansion every year, but that's just the way things are going on console gaming now.

All in all, I'd give this game an 8.5. It is a great concept, but they didn't get the execution perfect. If they fix a few of the design flaws, this game is a 10. We'll see if they do it.

Nad

Postby Nad » Oct 16th, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Damien, you still playing Destiny? Saw you had a piece of VoG armor on your Warlock, do you raid much? What are your thoughts on it?

I'll be honest, I expected to look at your profile and see 3 level 30 toons based on your previous gaming history.

SaGe^KS

Postby SaGe^KS » Jan 19th, 2015 at 8:10 pm

what's that supposed to mean :evil:
SaGe^KS

Nad

Postby Nad » Jan 23rd, 2015 at 5:26 pm

SaGe^KS wrote:what's that supposed to mean :evil:

It means every game you've played(with me) you've played to the highest level in a relatively short period of time. Kind of expected you to "cap out" in short order with Destiny :P

SaGe^KS

Postby SaGe^KS » Feb 11th, 2015 at 10:52 pm

Destiny while i love the game i find the endgame... empty. Got all my characters to 31 and stopped. Back to run of the mill MMORPGs. VoG and the Dark Below, you can only run the same dungeon oh so many times.
SaGe^KS

Nad

Postby Nad » Feb 11th, 2015 at 11:11 pm

Agreed. I bought CoD:AW tonight to give me something to do until HoW comes out

SaGe^KS

Postby SaGe^KS » Feb 11th, 2015 at 11:20 pm

I'm downloading CS:GO, a director at work played on HF... small world, and wants to frag for ol times sake. What the hell, nothing to lose, gonna give it a whirl. Only problem I have is, i dont have the login info to my old steam account. And of course this back when you got your email from your ISP, so i cant reset the password because I dont have that email anymore. tried to see if my STEAM ID was in the old HFCS server configs, but alas it was not. Rather not create a new steam account but oh well.
SaGe^KS

Return to “FPS/Action Games”