Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Games such as Quake, CounterStrike, Unreal Tournament, Team Fortress, or any 'first person shooter' can be discussed here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Postby CyberPitz » Mar 15th, 2010 at 12:28 am

Good god this game has me hooked. I love how it's kind of like BF 2.5. Some aspects of Bad Company mixed with BF2.

Anyway, who else is jamming to it and on what system?

CyberPitz - PC

KillerClown

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Postby KillerClown » Mar 15th, 2010 at 3:31 pm

I played the PC beta, leveled pretty much to the extent that they allowed during the beta. It was a lot of fun on high population servers. I'm still kind of on the fence whether I will buy it or not, waiting to see if I can get it really cheap. :P
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Mar 15th, 2010 at 7:25 pm

Love it. The dialog in the game is the highlight of it for me. Pitz, I am adding you tonight. I play with a Canadian and a Mexican consistently just an FYI.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Mar 16th, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Still looking around for a decent price on it, I cross so many deals it shouldn't be long before I find one for BFBC2.
Btw Cyber, you should fix the link in your signature. You need to change "/cyb3rpitz/" to "/45482690/", that site goes by PID's, if you try using your link, it takes you to a page that says "Please, set a PID before trying to load stats." (You can hit the go button and it will search/display your stats, but it's an extra step.) :P

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Mar 17th, 2010 at 1:19 am

There, changed it to BC2 stats LOL

Man, between BC2 and StarCraft 2 beta...I'm stuck. I'm never going to have a life again :(

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Mar 18th, 2010 at 1:09 am

lol How did you manage to get into the sc2 beta? I'm opted-in but never got an invite.

Phoenix
Elite Member

Postby Phoenix » Mar 18th, 2010 at 9:38 am

BC2 has been fun but the fact that the M95 even with Magnum ammo doesn't 1 shot kill to the chest is pissing me off in a major way.
Former HF clan member, server admin, all around troll

"You don't do things right once-in-a-while. You do them right all the time."- Vince Lombardi

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Mar 18th, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Well, if I can ever get to the damn M95 I will let you know. I do like the recon soldier though. I am a big fan of the drone killing too. That shit just makes me LOL.

SaGe^KS

Postby SaGe^KS » Mar 24th, 2010 at 12:30 pm

That would be an RPG (Role Play Game). :-P
SaGe^KS

Catharsys

Postby Catharsys » Mar 24th, 2010 at 7:04 pm

There is a damage chart for the weapons. The M95 can 1 shot chest hit if you are close enough. Then there is a drop off til it hits its min damage. Headshots always get a kill, so aim up and watch your bullet drop by holding down the fire key. Always fun getting +300 for marksman shots.

The GOL is nice since it doesn't have scope sway and is on par with the M24 damage wise. Everything else is trash.

Catharsys

Postby Catharsys » Apr 30th, 2010 at 12:07 am

Quick thing that I have to constantly tell people is how to lock-on with the rockets. After a tracer hover over the [ ] that appears. Once it stops blinking you have a solid lock, then you can look anywhere to angle your rocket round a building/corner/hill. After firing it launches 50 yards then homes in onto your target in an arc.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » May 1st, 2010 at 10:33 am

Catharsys wrote:Quick thing that I have to constantly tell people is how to lock-on with the rockets. After a tracer hover over the [ ] that appears. Once it stops blinking you have a solid lock, then you can look anywhere to angle your rocket round a building/corner/hill. After firing it launches 50 yards then homes in onto your target in an arc.

I need to get me some tracer kills. I'm glad they did a tweak on the tracer gun. And increased the motion detector from 2 to 3.

Catharsys

Postby Catharsys » May 2nd, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Took me a while to adjust for the new tracer speed. Isla Inocentes and Laguna Alta are awesome engie maps. Just stay in the back when your gustav and tracer ready to light up the sky with fireworks.

sX
Elite Member

Postby sX » Jul 9th, 2010 at 7:43 pm

I just got this game a few days ago. I am hooked. Need to upgrade my gfx card though. The unlocks are great.. but I wish I could use all the shit I could on BF2. Oh well.. I like how you can get the thompson and other wwII items. Very cool.

Man.. BF has came a long way from the Desert Combat days. Remember them? GG Dice..
(o )^( o) Tetas.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Jul 10th, 2010 at 12:28 am

Game is pretty fun. Always more fun when you are playing good obviously. :P
Like this stationary AT shot I made, was a while back though, but I drew up a little map, keep in mind it's a rough sketch. Basically from the one side of Atacama Desert to the other side of the boat I shot a Stationary AT rocket at an enemy helicopter, curving side to side several times before impacting the heli just as it crossed behind the boat. Wish I had the recorder set up back then and was recording, it was a pretty amazing and lucky shot.

I don't know how far of a distance that is, and as is obvious by the early curving in the line my judgment on distance to the heli's original location was....a bit short, but worked out great in the end. :D

I'm fairly sure that I have the correct building for the Stationary AT, I know there is also two? or more along the front wall of the base on that side of the map.
AT Path.png
AT Path.png (783.74 KiB) Viewed 6433 times

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Jul 14th, 2010 at 9:40 pm

sX wrote:I just got this game a few days ago. I am hooked. Need to upgrade my gfx card though. The unlocks are great.. but I wish I could use all the shit I could on BF2. Oh well.. I like how you can get the thompson and other wwII items. Very cool.

Man.. BF has came a long way from the Desert Combat days. Remember them? GG Dice..

Perfect time for me to quit playing BC2.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke

sX
Elite Member

Postby sX » Jul 14th, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Oh quit being a homo.

Add me as a friend and i'll go frag w you.

Not fag, but frag. Thanks..

Or we can fag it up, too. That's cool.. you know. Like good ol times..

Or we can just frag together. Either or...

On second thought, let's just frag.. My GF would be pissed.

Ahem..

Name: EsEx
(o )^( o) Tetas.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Jul 14th, 2010 at 11:37 pm

I sent a request. Repsond.

Return to “FPS/Action Games”