Infamous

Games such as Quake, CounterStrike, Unreal Tournament, Team Fortress, or any 'first person shooter' can be discussed here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

Timmy

Infamous

Postby Timmy » Jun 15th, 2009 at 2:37 pm

Picked this one up last week, gave it a good playing through before posting so I could be thorough. Pretty fun game, I like the gritty comic book look of the cut scenes, most movement is practically automatic like Assassins Creed. Climbing is easy, and falling doesn't hurt so even if you bork a climb/jump its no biggie. I played it through to the end being "good" which the game was obviously designed for, I've played "evil" abount 3/4 of the way through and aside from some cosmetics it's barely changed at all from the good story, even lots of dialogue still referencing you as "good" despite being totally evil. There are of course some flaws, npc ai is horrid, civillians ALWAYS get in the way, never running for cover or just duck and covering, instead they typically run right towards you as yer tossing lightning everywhere. The basic powers function a bit differently for good and evil which adds some variety, the evil versions are better imho, both good and evil have a unique power which unfortunately pretty much suck and will never be used. Some of the powers seem to have been added without thinking about their use, like thunder drop, which is an area attack centered on the character after activating it during a jump/fall doing more damage based on how high up you activated it. Even for evil it's not really a go to power, and with civillians everywhere its pretty much a never use for good players.

Another bit of a gripe is with the automatic use powers, like rail gliding which lets you slide along train rails and power wires, great for moving fast but you can't turn it off so if say you want to stand on a wire and snipe the baddies below like before you gain the rail glide, you can't anymore... the automatic bit from jumping can get annoying to as you'll grab onto anything nearby which creates some frustrating moments. These are fairly minor and if you play through the good story arc it's an enjoyable game, I think it may have been rushed as the evil story arc is VERY weak, with almost no differences from the good (which kills the joy of replaying as evil).

No game crashes or lock ups and only a few clipping issues so the game is pretty sound.

I say 8 out of 10.

Tim~

Burzum
Benefactor

Re: Infamous

Postby Burzum » Jun 21st, 2009 at 7:01 am

To bad you can't get this for 360 :(
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Jun 21st, 2009 at 12:25 pm

Get a PS3 Burz! How are you gonna watch your Blu-Ray pron?
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Jun 22nd, 2009 at 7:23 pm

Maverick wrote:Get a PS3 Burz! How are you gonna watch your Blu-Ray pron?

Pirates FTW.

Return to “FPS/Action Games”