Resistance 2

Games such as Quake, CounterStrike, Unreal Tournament, Team Fortress, or any 'first person shooter' can be discussed here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

Timmy

Resistance 2

Postby Timmy » Nov 10th, 2008 at 12:41 pm

Wow, way to pull a Deus Ex on this one. Where to start? Ok, ummm apparently at the end of Resistance 1, the beginning of Resistance 2 you took some pussy pills because 1 hit sends you scurrying for cover, the multiple life bars from the previous game are gone and you now have the increasingly red screen of hurtness. The AI accuracy has been ramped up so so spend more time behind cover, which wouldn't be a bad thing if this was Gear of War where you can use cover intelligently. No this is Resistance where in order to shoot something you have to completely move out of cover, sound fun? It's loads!!!!!

They went with the shitty we don't want to detail anything so everywhere you go even when outside under the sun will be nice and dark, you do have a flashlight so you can see just how little detail is hidden under the blanket of black. Lots of instant death, and move this way or die bits from the very start makes this feel more like a platform game, or maybe a choose your path Dragons Lair game. Furies kill you instantly in water and can't be shot, so guess where you get to spend lots of time?

The game auto saves about every 15 seconds, wonder why? maybe because thats about how long you usually live. This BTW was on the average level, I shudder at the thought of hard.....

NPCs are for flavor, they never kill anything even when there are like 8 soldiers firing at one Chimeara grunt.....

I shoulda got Gears, gonna call EB and see if they'll let me do a straight up exchange :)

Tim~

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Nov 10th, 2008 at 12:46 pm

First game was bad, didn't even bother reading about this game when it was announced.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

DirtyCabbage

Postby DirtyCabbage » Nov 10th, 2008 at 3:46 pm

Yah from the gameplay footage vids I didn't really think it looked that impressive. I bought GoW 2 and really enjoy it. The horde mode is awesome especially when you have 4 other friends playing with you. Story wise it's kinda weak IMO but the cinematics and cut scenes make it really like a movie almost.

If anyone has or gets it and would like to do Horde let me know. I haven't tried online MP yet so really can't say how that is, but my gamertag is DirtyCabbagE if anyone want's to Horde it up some time this week.

P.S Timmy, I think Killzone 2 looks pretty badass, maybe you should wait for that for a good FPS for PS3. Also, I didn't know you had a 360!!

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Nov 10th, 2008 at 8:10 pm

I have all 3 consoles, but if a game is available for the ps3 and 360 I always go pS3. Not because of graphics or anything like that but because my ps3 has been solid where my 360 has had the red rings (twice thanks to Microsoft's idiocy) and I've had sound issues with it on some games. So unless it's a 360 only game, it's getting played on the ps3.

Tim~

Return to “FPS/Action Games”