Crysis is starting to look mighty realistic.

Games such as Quake, CounterStrike, Unreal Tournament, Team Fortress, or any 'first person shooter' can be discussed here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

Miracl3

Crysis is starting to look mighty realistic.

Postby Miracl3 » Jan 7th, 2007 at 12:56 pm

just look at this video. You can see the realistic shadows from the trees and such
[video width=400 height=350]http://www.youtube.com/v/3nzMdPwO2Qw[/video]

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Jan 7th, 2007 at 1:31 pm

Nice site for getting your Crysis fix and info - http://www.incrysis.com

That vid looks pretty good. Some interesting physics processing going on there... I did read tho that Crysis is NOT using the Aegia PhysX PPU; they are instead writing their own physics code, and are offloading some physics processing to multiple cores (if your system has 'em) and even your GPU.

This is definitely a title worth getting imo... if you're gonna play this game, you're gonna wanna upgrade to Vista so you can take advantage of the increased performce DX10 will bring to this game (it's a DX10 title). You dont NEED DX10, but from what I've read, performace will suffer without it.

ParanoiaX

Postby ParanoiaX » Jan 7th, 2007 at 5:37 pm

wow nice

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Jan 7th, 2007 at 6:12 pm

I liked the last dozen frames. The butt stock to the face was nice.

pyrox420
Elite Member

Postby pyrox420 » Jan 8th, 2007 at 12:49 pm

Freaking gorgeous... can't wait. :) Was it me or did it have some kind of blur as you moved fast? Slick effect i think. :)
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here". - Jayne

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Jan 8th, 2007 at 11:26 pm

Not a fan of blurring, blurring is an effect of how your eyes see something, having it artificially added, well isn't that a main complaint of LCD monitors?
I really need to change this sig

Campsalot

Postby Campsalot » Jan 10th, 2007 at 10:35 am

Here's some more pics for you. These are in game, mind you.

Very Nice

I would like to see what the system spec requirements are going to be. This looks like stuff you would see in a MadOnion product that is made to make your system cry. Hey.. Crysis.. system Cry... I'm starting to see it now. :P

Camps

Exile

Postby Exile » Jan 26th, 2007 at 3:34 am

I love the cry engine, really i do. I like Ubi soft as well, their Map editor for the Xbox Far Cry Instincts was great, and my and my friend made logs of great low player count maps.

I have to say this look like fun. But it looks like i will need a whole new rig exchange before i even think about playing it. I've barley got enough for HL2 on full graphics.

i did not look at what the game was about, mainly because i wont be able to buy it when it comes out. But the second that trailer started i was like "Zomg, farcry 2040"
Lies, Hax and Interpolation.

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Jan 27th, 2007 at 5:20 pm

The game looks pretty, but I thought I was going to like Doom3, since it was pretty..then I gagged and the game lacked any fun parts IMHO...I feel like it will happen the same with Crysis...I just try to keep the hype down so I can be majorly impressed.

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Jan 27th, 2007 at 11:35 pm

CyberPitz wrote:The game looks pretty, but I thought I was going to like Doom3, since it was pretty..then I gagged and the game lacked any fun parts IMHO...I feel like it will happen the same with Crysis...I just try to keep the hype down so I can be majorly impressed.

Its that whole lead the person down the path you want them to go so they can do what you want them to do approach to building levels. Fuck that, make the world without major regard to how the player will get though it first, then tweak what needs to be tweaked to make it at least possible.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Jan 31st, 2007 at 10:39 pm

Latest info about the game - http://www.firingsquad.com/games/crysis_interview

Some real good shit in that interview. This game is gonna rock I think.

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Feb 1st, 2007 at 12:05 am

I finally played FarCry for the first time the other day. So now I know what the hype for Crysis is all about. :P
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Mar 5th, 2007 at 9:26 am

Maverick wrote:I finally played FarCry for the first time the other day. So now I know what the hype for Crysis is all about. :P

I played FarCry up until the part where the...trojans...or whatever they are called appeared. That's when I turned the game off, uninstalled, and forgot it existed.

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Mar 5th, 2007 at 7:57 pm

Ended up beating Far Cry last night. Considering the cheap tactics I had to use on some parts of the game I wasn't too thrilled with it, but it was a really awesome game.

Trojans or whatever can't swim, they hop in the water, they drown then begin bleeding. Killed bout 8 of them that way at the beginning of the dam level.

The Trojans with rocket launchers won't shoot at you if they don't "fully" see you, you can sit and peg away at them and they do nothing if only a quarter of their model is exposed to ya, even if they are 2 feet away.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Mar 13th, 2007 at 1:22 am

Saw this on the inCrysis site today... real-life comparison shots of parts of the island the game setting is based on vs. in-game screenshots. Take a look - http://incrysis.com/crysis/index.php?op ... 1&Itemid=2

Pretty fuckin' good if ya ask me...

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Mar 13th, 2007 at 6:01 am

403 forbidden

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Mar 13th, 2007 at 11:13 am

Oreo wrote:403 forbidden

Weird, the whole site is down atm... when it's back up, have a look.

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Mar 13th, 2007 at 5:59 pm

Too bad you will need a quad-core bleeding edge system to run the game at full graphics level....

-Wid
- The AWP god formerly known as 'WidowMaker' [Retired]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-Game Designer
-Retro Studios - www.retrostudios.com
-If the next Metroid sucks, you will know who to blame.

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Mar 13th, 2007 at 9:56 pm

WidowMaker wrote:Too bad you will need a quad-core bleeding edge system to run the game at full graphics level....

-Wid

Starting to look seriously into a console for gaming, which brings up the question of, How much will the Wii version of Metroid rock?

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Mar 14th, 2007 at 12:48 am

WidowMaker wrote:Too bad you will need a quad-core bleeding edge system to run the game at full graphics level....

-Wid

Not so much Wid. If ya look at how the DX10 architecture is setup and utilized, it can process more gfx threads at once, and of higher complexity and quality, using the same or less gpu cycles than an equivelent DX9 gpu can. That equates to a lot more eye-candy and realism for the same (or less) cost performance-wise. Of course, you'll need a DX10 capable card with a DX10 capable OS (Vista; any flavor) to see the game in all its glory with all of the performance benefits.

And as with just about every game out there, you can scale down the gfx to match your system specs. And Crysis will run on DX9 also (which is good, cuz I wont have a DX10 gpu til 2009 sometime).

Some other interesting things to note - the game is multi-threaded, so those with a dual or quad core system will reap the benefits. I hear that the game also performs slightly faster when ran in 64-bit mode vs. 32-bit (they wrote the game in both 32-bit and 64-bit code).

REALLY lookin forward to this game. This will most likely be the next game title HF hosts.

Return to “FPS/Action Games”