BF2 Patch 1.4!

Games such as Quake, CounterStrike, Unreal Tournament, Team Fortress, or any 'first person shooter' can be discussed here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

CyberPitz
Elite Member

BF2 Patch 1.4!

Postby CyberPitz » Sep 5th, 2006 at 4:51 pm

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Sep 5th, 2006 at 6:29 pm

Yep, I got it from the EA FTP and it went at 400KB/sec. Friends were getting higher speeds, that's just my max.

http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/BF2/1.4/

1.4 Patch – New content

New level: Road to Jalalabad (Conquest 16-32-64, Singleplayer, Co-op)
New Server Option: No Vehicles mode

1.4 Patch – Fix List
Front End:
Front end - Fix server browser issues with updating info
Front End - Multiplayer & Co-op - Players on server list can include Bots instead of human players
Multiplayer Internet Server maps size filter not working
Fixed an issue in the front end where pressing tab twice in the IP window would cause the cursor to skip to wrong box
Game Server:
Increased server stability
All levels - Co-op - Crash after reviving player without a kit- 1st attempt Server - Linux 32 Dedicated - Server crashes when trying to rotate maps in Special Forces Co-op Mode (fixed on SUSE only. Still present in Red Hat and Fedora)
Adjust the minimum number of players to start the round.The new values for 16, 32 and 64 players are 6, 6 and 8 respectively.
Re-enable unlocks on unranked servers
Ranked server forces unlocks i.e. have to have unlocks selected.
Coop - Local Server - If Server Host is kicked and banned although they do not actually get kicked, no other players may join the server after that point.
Fixed a dedicated server crash which was occurring when the user held "CTRL" and "SHIFT" while selecting a map
Fixed a crash which would occur when c4 was placed on a flag pole and the server rotated maps
Vehicle drop crash related bug (missing icon)
Co-Op bot console commands do not function on local servers.
Client / Gameplay:
Red/Blue nametag bug –Fix to the issue where players would show up with the wrong color name tag
Introduced a delay from proning to standing to help reduce exploiting
Adjusted C4 to make throwing more difficult
Fixed the issue where a red distance marker appears on the ground
Fixed the issue that caused players arms to become invisible after switching weapons when using throwable items
Made adjustments to reduce the damage taken by vehicles when driving
Adjusted the tire material on the muscle car to reduce the issue with this vehicle taking too much damage.
Commander options no longer available whilst dead.
Fixed the issue with a spawn point showing up as selected when a player has spawned in during preview round
Fixed the issue that would cause infantry players to be revived with no kit.
Fixed several rare graphics crashes.
Fixed issue with players crashing while clicking "Join Game" in the front end
Car-Drop: Made adjustments to the car drop feature to prevent players from exploiting into buildings.
Discovered and repaired an issue tied to projectiles which would sometimes allow tanks to fire two shells, support to fire multiple rounds, and other issues (all maps).
Fixed bug where after 2 rounds on the same map, the top player stars are awarded to the wrong people in the menu
Transport Helicopters – Increased the armor of all transport helicopters

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Sep 5th, 2006 at 7:13 pm

The prone->standing delay is false..you can still ground-hump your way into exploitsgheyville.

Not sure if it's just Jalablahblah or all maps, but I loaded much faster.

Some people still report red name bug, doesn't mean it's there though. They could be just freaking out about dying.

C4 is MORE worthless now...yay. As if it wasn't retarded, now the only thing you can do is jihad jeep.

ender*(gayless)

Postby ender*(gayless) » Sep 5th, 2006 at 10:21 pm

Fixed issue with players crashing while clicking "Join Game" in the front end

took them long enough.
ender will save us all

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Sep 5th, 2006 at 11:36 pm

Ok, so after someone does an article talking about how they aren't fixing bugs and therefore no one should buy their other products, they go and fix the bugs?

fuck em.
I really need to change this sig

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Sep 6th, 2006 at 12:36 am

CyberPitz wrote:The prone->standing delay is false..you can still ground-hump your way into exploitsgheyville.

Not sure if it's just Jalablahblah or all maps, but I loaded much faster.

Some people still report red name bug, doesn't mean it's there though. They could be just freaking out about dying.

C4 is MORE worthless now...yay. As if it wasn't retarded, now the only thing you can do is jihad jeep.

The delay isn't supposed to be noticable unless you exploit, then you notice it. The delay is added when you go from prone, crouch, then prone again. You will be delayed before the second prone. Before you could prone, crouch, prone, crouch, over and over again while still being able to shoot accurately.

ender*(gayless)

Postby ender*(gayless) » Sep 6th, 2006 at 12:58 am

Jeng wrote:Ok, so after someone does an article talking about how they aren't fixing bugs and therefore no one should buy their other products, they go and fix the bugs?

fuck em.

yeah, but it took them like a bajillion months to do ANYTHING
ender will save us all

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Sep 6th, 2006 at 9:35 am

I havent updated since 1.2, so this was big upgrade - seems to work good, new map is nice.
EatMoreLead aka EML

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Sep 6th, 2006 at 10:52 am

yay! we're all happy about EA again! let's all queue up to buy 2142 now!

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Sep 6th, 2006 at 10:52 am

rekloose-[PUPPY] wrote:yay! we're all happy about EA again! let's all queue up to buy 2142 now!

lol...so true
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Exile

Postby Exile » Sep 6th, 2006 at 2:35 pm

Adjusted C4 to make throwing more difficult

WHY?!

Yay for making C4 even more useless since the "no jump throws" patch ... How the hell am i suposed to do my damn job as a spec ops now? .. I’ll just stick with Medic and Support now.

Every update they gimp some thing i like.. so annoying.

---------

Maybe they magically fixed the problem the 1.3 patch gave me .. hopefully now i can actually play my damn game *crosses fingers*
Lies, Hax and Interpolation.

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Sep 6th, 2006 at 5:12 pm

C4 tossing was in 1.3 still, even though they said they removed it. I had mastered the art of throwing it, and exploding it in midair in front of enemies, on tanks, or on strategic objects. The same method can be used in 1.4, only it goes about 1/3rd the original height, can no longer be thrown over walls, and only goes like 2-3 further than if you don't jump (instead of 10 feet).

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Sep 18th, 2006 at 4:13 pm

Oreo wrote:C4 tossing was in 1.3 still, even though they said they removed it. I had mastered the art of throwing it, and exploding it in midair in front of enemies, on tanks, or on strategic objects. The same method can be used in 1.4, only it goes about 1/3rd the original height, can no longer be thrown over walls, and only goes like 2-3 further than if you don't jump (instead of 10 feet).

I figured that's what they were trying to fix, the c4 chucking exploit. I used to be a godly chucker too, but I don't feel like doing the whole exploit thing, because really, it's not worth it IMHO.

Return to “FPS/Action Games”