Quick Source Movie

Games such as Quake, CounterStrike, Unreal Tournament, Team Fortress, or any 'first person shooter' can be discussed here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Quick Source Movie

Postby Keyser Soze » Nov 29th, 2005 at 3:55 pm

Here's a move I made quickly since the new update might screw these demos, most likely, so I just made a short movie. It's really small, nothing too fancy, hope you all enjoy.

http://files.filefront.com/jigsawquickw ... einfo.html
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Nov 29th, 2005 at 4:21 pm

I'm downloading it just to see if I'm in it :o
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Nov 29th, 2005 at 4:38 pm

Burzum wrote:I'm downloading it just to see if I'm in it :o

Thanks! Now that you're curious, I won't tell you!

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Nov 29th, 2005 at 4:51 pm

Okay, maybe I'm not. It's downloading to slow.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Nov 29th, 2005 at 4:59 pm

Filefront has been acting gay lately. :(

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Nov 29th, 2005 at 5:25 pm

lmao keyser wow... all im going to say...
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Nov 29th, 2005 at 6:29 pm

Best_predator wrote:lmao keyser wow... all im going to say...

I'm hoping that's a good wow.

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Nov 29th, 2005 at 9:53 pm

BUMP!

Watch and comment God damn it!

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Nov 29th, 2005 at 11:43 pm

I didn't think the choice of music could be worse than the one I saw the other day.

I was wrong.
I've been deleted!!

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Nov 30th, 2005 at 12:08 am

I don't find watching people AWP interesting, makes me wanna yawn. Yea, he picked up an AK near the end, again the one shot head shots though.

I don't know, I play to have fun, I have fun by running around being an idiot and rushing like a madman so AWP'ers tend to be my bane.

Got any got videos of in your face TMP/Shotty/Pistol action? Being able to see that surprised look in their face as they're going down is just so satisfying.
I really need to change this sig

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Nov 30th, 2005 at 11:15 am

Jeng wrote:I don't find watching people AWP interesting, makes me wanna yawn. Yea, he picked up an AK near the end, again the one shot head shots though.

I don't know, I play to have fun, I have fun by running around being an idiot and rushing like a madman so AWP'ers tend to be my bane.

Got any got videos of in your face TMP/Shotty/Pistol action? Being able to see that surprised look in their face as they're going down is just so satisfying.

Actuallly Jeng, I don't, heh. Thing is, in competitive gameplay, there are certain guns you don't use simply because of the price tag on it and the uselessness and I only record from scrims or matches.

Oh and Benedict, do you just hate the song, or you thought it was a bad choice for this particular movie? What do you think would've been a better choice?

And it's funny Ben, 'cause on the GotFrag forums, everyone was asking me the song name simply because they liked it to much.

b0ba

Postby b0ba » Nov 30th, 2005 at 11:48 am

your last movie was so bad that i would rather gouge my eyes out then watch this one. Any TKs in this one??? LOLOLOLOL

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Nov 30th, 2005 at 12:05 pm

b0ba wrote:your last movie was so bad that i would rather gouge my eyes out then watch this one. Any TKs in this one??? LOLOLOLOL

:(

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Nov 30th, 2005 at 2:11 pm

Also, nice prefire. You're banned!

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Nov 30th, 2005 at 2:27 pm

Burzum wrote:Also, nice prefire. You're banned!

Prefire for lYFe hOLmEzZ!

Glimmerman

Postby Glimmerman » Nov 30th, 2005 at 2:57 pm

Derfel wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:A "few" grand? If you call 165 grand a few grand in the span of a month, how much do you make? Can you even put your salary on a forum where you can post it? Do you have a salary that you can actually show and be proud of? Or do you have the same bullshit 40 grand a year that every other fucking half-ass teacher makes such as yourself. But wait, you're in Canada, so that must be even less up there?

I'm not afraid to post my salary/salaries. I make approx. $55,000 a year teaching High School, $12,000 a year working for Canadian Cancer Society, and I range $7,000 to $10,000 a year working for a software company in town. I guess that adds up to approx. $75,000 a year. When I max out on my increments (raises I get every year until my tenth year of teaching), I'll be making $75,000 as a teacher alone. With the current exchange rate, that's about $65,000 USD.

But then again, I get to teach people who are going out there to be lawyers, doctors, military personnel, politicans, nurses, librarians, artists, video game designers, and of course fucking morons just like you. I guess what you don't realize is that I love my job, enjoy what I do every single day, and it doesn't matter what I make as long as I make enough to get by. Oh, and my job is secure and will provide for me in retirement with a nice comfortable pension.

But I'm not entirely sure why I had to post all of that anyways. I really don't need to defend what I do or what I make. It's great some kid can make some money doing some thing he loves. And hey, it's great you love him for it. And that you want to love him long time. I'm not one to judge like that.

quoted because i loved that post

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Nov 30th, 2005 at 3:04 pm

Glimmerman wrote:
Derfel wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:A "few" grand? If you call 165 grand a few grand in the span of a month, how much do you make? Can you even put your salary on a forum where you can post it? Do you have a salary that you can actually show and be proud of? Or do you have the same bullshit 40 grand a year that every other fucking half-ass teacher makes such as yourself. But wait, you're in Canada, so that must be even less up there?

I'm not afraid to post my salary/salaries. I make approx. $55,000 a year teaching High School, $12,000 a year working for Canadian Cancer Society, and I range $7,000 to $10,000 a year working for a software company in town. I guess that adds up to approx. $75,000 a year. When I max out on my increments (raises I get every year until my tenth year of teaching), I'll be making $75,000 as a teacher alone. With the current exchange rate, that's about $65,000 USD.

But then again, I get to teach people who are going out there to be lawyers, doctors, military personnel, politicans, nurses, librarians, artists, video game designers, and of course fucking morons just like you. I guess what you don't realize is that I love my job, enjoy what I do every single day, and it doesn't matter what I make as long as I make enough to get by. Oh, and my job is secure and will provide for me in retirement with a nice comfortable pension.

But I'm not entirely sure why I had to post all of that anyways. I really don't need to defend what I do or what I make. It's great some kid can make some money doing some thing he loves. And hey, it's great you love him for it. And that you want to love him long time. I'm not one to judge like that.

Wow Glim.... just fucking wow....

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Nov 30th, 2005 at 4:22 pm

Glimmerman wrote:
Derfel wrote:

The funny thing is that it's all Canadian money. "If I had 60 cents for everytime I had a dollar I'd be Canadian."

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Dec 1st, 2005 at 12:51 am

Derfel wrote:Errr... huh?

Ditto...

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Dec 1st, 2005 at 2:37 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:Oh and Benedict, do you just hate the song, or you thought it was a bad choice for this particular movie? What do you think would've been a better choice?

And it's funny Ben, 'cause on the GotFrag forums, everyone was asking me the song name simply because they liked it to much.

I think guitars don't belong in fps vids. Pretty simple. That, and I hate the song.
I've been deleted!!

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Dec 2nd, 2005 at 3:21 pm

Benedict wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:Oh and Benedict, do you just hate the song, or you thought it was a bad choice for this particular movie? What do you think would've been a better choice?

I think guitars don't belong in fps vids. Pretty simple. That, and I hate the song.

Suggestions?

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Dec 3rd, 2005 at 12:54 pm

Something with lots of bass and/or tight drumbeats are perfect for fps videos.
Techno works, as does some rap, assuming it isn't swamped with lyrics that don't fit the beat. 2pac would generally be a bad idea, but Busta has some things that could work nicely.
Of course, I've read some comments on videos where everyone was complaining about rap in the video. Compared to nu-punk type crap, I think rap is vastly superior for the environment.
I've been deleted!!

b0ba

Postby b0ba » Dec 11th, 2005 at 1:11 pm

nice movie..:shock:

Return to “FPS/Action Games”