BF2 v1.03 Patch Information

Games such as Quake, CounterStrike, Unreal Tournament, Team Fortress, or any 'first person shooter' can be discussed here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

Keyser Soze
The Devil

BF2 v1.03 Patch Information

Postby Keyser Soze » Sep 13th, 2005 at 4:35 am

This post was released and it contains some of the fixes and features that the new patch witll add. Ofcourse, these are not all the fixes, but as much as was leaked. According to EA/Dice, there will be over 140 fixes and tweaks.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=369755

[EDIT]

Here's a little more:

Unconfirmed changes:
- servers get reserved slots for players
- new balancing of the ranking system, all players will most likely go up 1 rank

-------------------------
CONFIRMED CHANGES by DICE
-------------------------------------

- more then 160 server and client side bugfixes
- Ingame server browser with favorites, history and last visited and enhanced server search algoritm
- Squad leaders receive a message if someone wants to join the locked squad
- Specops get points for blowing up uav, radar and artillery
- support, medic and engineer get a limit on how much assist points they can give to a certain player, after the limit they can still give the ammo/health/repair, they just dont get points for it anymore
- while driving in a vehicle, u can see who is in your vehicle
- zooming on the minimap is changed depending on the map size
- teamkill algoritm is changed (if u shoot down a blackhawk and it crashes on some teammates, u wont get the teamkills for it for example).
- transport helicopters will be modified, this means for the blackhawk the miniguns will be less powerfull and u wont be able to repair the helicopter midair with engineers).
- teambalance system is changed, commanders and squadleaders will not be auto teambalanced to the other team
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

ParanoiaX

Postby ParanoiaX » Sep 13th, 2005 at 5:13 am

nice. bout damn time.
I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Sep 13th, 2005 at 8:52 am

ParanoiaX wrote:nice. bout damn time.

except it is not time yet, lol
EatMoreLead aka EML

ParanoiaX

Postby ParanoiaX » Sep 13th, 2005 at 3:31 pm

EatMoreLead wrote:

Yeah I know. Im just saying that theyre finally getting around to fixing things that should have been fixed before the game was even released. :?
I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Sep 13th, 2005 at 3:57 pm

ParanoiaX wrote:
EatMoreLead wrote:

Yeah I know. Im just saying that theyre finally getting around to fixing things that should have been fixed before the game was even released. :?

You mean fixing things that should have been fixed in BF1942 patch 1.0
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Sep 14th, 2005 at 2:13 am

yeah, there was a "leaked" 1.03 list. To me, it seemed fake to me. I don't know about this though. Seems alot of it seems the same to me.

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Postby Keyser Soze » Sep 14th, 2005 at 2:28 am

CyberPitz wrote:yeah, there was a "leaked" 1.03 list. To me, it seemed fake to me. I don't know about this though. Seems alot of it seems the same to me.

There's a list the Dice has released too. This is based off of that with some more stuff.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

[Comrade]lanoldar

Postby [Comrade]lanoldar » Sep 14th, 2005 at 11:47 am

CyberPitz wrote:yeah, there was a "leaked" 1.03 list. To me, it seemed fake to me. I don't know about this though. Seems alot of it seems the same to me.

lol pitzmalarkins, that was the weirdest combination of sentences ever. Redundancy anyone?

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Sep 16th, 2005 at 12:49 pm

[Comrade]lanoldar wrote:

lol pitzmalarkins, that was the weirdest combination of sentences ever. Redundancy anyone?

I was tired. Sue me lol

carnage

Postby carnage » Sep 30th, 2005 at 5:42 pm

EA's site updated for 1.03 patch. Read the specifics HERE.

All the fixes people have been asking for seem to be included. Also, it appears they are going to make the IGLA and Stinger more effective against the jets. This should make the anti-air people bitch less (I hope). I just hope they wont make it so impossible to do anything while in the air with that change. They are also releasing an update to Wake Island. I always had a blast on that map...maybe this can be our 5th map on BF1 ;).

Carn

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Oct 1st, 2005 at 2:32 pm

Derfel wrote:About time that Spec Ops get points for doing what is probably the hardest thing to do in the game... good thing I unlocked that gun too!

No shit. AL it seems like I ever do is destroy the enemies radar, UAV, and art and I never get shit for it.

Personally, I think they need to add in more water craft. The chinesse have a navy I am sure. So why not have a big fucking water map. PLUS, controlable carriers, battleships, destroyers.

And someone needs to tell dice to update their carrier cause it looks nothing Like a Nimitz class carrier and those are whats used in reality. In fact, they need to add Apaches to replace the Cobras. If this is supposed to be modeled more after "real life"

/rant off

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Oct 1st, 2005 at 5:07 pm

JaypHat, did you ever pla yDesert Combat mod for BF1? They stopped letting carriers move because it was a resource nightmare. But the cruise missle boats, submarines, battleships were all favorites, and they had flags in middle of ocean on 1 map. Very fun.
EatMoreLead aka EML

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Oct 1st, 2005 at 5:40 pm

Plus, if anyone remembers the normandy map for BF1942... lol. Fucking nubs would take the carrier off into the far corner of the map and get it stuck, so that it'd take an hour to get from the carrier to the beach. Better yet, they'd run it up onto the beach where it'd quickly be blown to bits by the artillery emplacements. :roll: But damn, there was a 64 player 24/7 normandy server that I LOVED. Good shit.

DC was fun as hell also. I rarely played BF1942 after DC came out.

-Grant.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Oct 1st, 2005 at 6:05 pm

Suck. wrote:Plus, if anyone remembers the normandy map for BF1942... lol. Fucking nubs would take the carrier off into the far corner of the map and get it stuck, so that it'd take an hour to get from the carrier to the beach. Better yet, they'd run it up onto the beach where it'd quickly be blown to bits by the artillery emplacements. :roll: But damn, there was a 64 player 24/7 normandy server that I LOVED. Good shit.

DC was fun as hell also. I rarely played BF1942 after DC came out.

-Grant.

PCGamer said at the last release, that there were twice as many DC servers as there was BF1942 servers. I wish they would ahve just got the F117 into the game before it was finished.

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Oct 1st, 2005 at 8:48 pm

I loved DC until they nerf'd the choppers. That little bird owned all. I miss competing with my guys in DC :(
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Oct 1st, 2005 at 9:27 pm

That scorpion attack chopper was the shit! I so miss that shit. They need to invest in integrating the good shit from that into the game and forget working on the night vision of the next one. I can see that going ghey really fast.

Phoenix
Elite Member

Postby Phoenix » Oct 1st, 2005 at 9:29 pm

Well BF2 needs to nurf the chopers and the tanks, 1-2 surface to air should take out the Black hawk (see Black Hawk down) and 2 should do a tank, its total BS that I can shoot a Black hawk 3 times with a anti-tank rocket or suface to air rocket and it can fly off. Same goes for the tanks....
Former HF clan member, server admin, all around troll

"You don't do things right once-in-a-while. You do them right all the time."- Vince Lombardi

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Oct 1st, 2005 at 9:31 pm

Phoenix wrote:Well BF2 needs to nurf the chopers and the tanks, 1-2 surface to air should take out the Black hawk (see Black Hawk down) and 2 should do a tank, its total BS that I can shoot a Black hawk 3 times with a anti-tank rocket or suface to air rocket and it can fly off. Same goes for the tanks....

Thank god they are nerfing the repair speed of the helis..just wish they would do something about the mickey mouse tubs. Give them 2 extra guns, and 1 extra seat or soemthing..right now they blow ass.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Oct 1st, 2005 at 9:37 pm

I think they need to work on fixing all the guns personally. 2 shots with the 50 cal is too much IMO, as well as the other guns which can take as much as 25 rounds at PB range, especially if you are hitting the head.

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Oct 1st, 2005 at 10:29 pm

Phoenix wrote:Well BF2 needs to nurf the chopers and the tanks, 1-2 surface to air should take out the Black hawk (see Black Hawk down) and 2 should do a tank, its total BS that I can shoot a Black hawk 3 times with a anti-tank rocket or suface to air rocket and it can fly off. Same goes for the tanks....

LOL, sorry... Its just that you just said that the choppers should blow up easier because they did in a movie.. Thats classic.

The tanks/choppers in BF2 are perfectly balanced imo. I've been playing Bf since 1942 demo and BF2 is the closest they have ever come to true balance. I used to be a big time chopper whore, now i'm a leg and I love it. Choppers are a great way to keep your score down real low. Planes are the same way. I typically end up with the gold and I play almost nothing but infantry/vehicle mounted machine guns. I only take a tank when nobody is using them and we are getting the beat down.

Phoenix
Elite Member

Postby Phoenix » Oct 1st, 2005 at 10:58 pm

Catalyst, I pointed to the movie b/c of its relation to real life, not b/c I think a movie means it is real life. Its just that that movie got it rather good.
Former HF clan member, server admin, all around troll

"You don't do things right once-in-a-while. You do them right all the time."- Vince Lombardi

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Oct 1st, 2005 at 11:06 pm

Phoenix wrote:Catalyst, I pointed to the movie b/c of its relation to real life, not b/c I think a movie means it is real life. Its just that that movie got it rather good.

Indeed, it only takes one fell placed RPG to take down a BH. Hell, even after 3 in the game the thing can still be fixed.

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Oct 2nd, 2005 at 1:19 am

Derf will orgasm on the new patch then :D

MeMGhost

Postby MeMGhost » Oct 2nd, 2005 at 4:16 am

Only thing unbalanced is the US Blackhawk compared to the Chinese/MEC version. US mini guns are completely insane especially in comparison.

I want to see each team get a car with one of those mini guns :) at least the car can only take one rocket in most cases anyway :)

Pho, the ground TOW can take out a tank in 1 hit if it's placed correctly. Other than that tanks aren't very strong at all taking 2-3 anti tank shots and of course mines/c4 take them out pretty easily.

MeM

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Oct 2nd, 2005 at 3:57 pm

Mem...it takes 2 shots in the front/back of the treds. The same as AT rockets. it takes 1 shot if it's already taken damage. But from top health, 2.

And yes, it's ungodly unbalanced with the Blackhawks in comparison. Although, I enjoy blackhawks at time. If you have an intelligent team..they will all get in a car/something and start shooting at the blackhawk instead of watch it blow everybody away. Last night I got 2 blackhawk kills..6 in 1, 3 in the next. The team lost due ot lacking of flag caps. We lost 7 tickets :P

Needless to say, lets see what they come up with.

Return to “FPS/Action Games”