[BLOG]: Happy Turkey Day!!

Discuss subjects regarding Hardfought news here.

Moderator: News posters

K2
Administrator

[BLOG]: Happy Turkey Day!!

Postby K2 » Nov 22nd, 2007 at 6:18 am

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Happy Thanksgiving folks. Your mission, should you chose to accept it, is this: to eat as much food as you possibly can, drink massive amounts of beer, spend quality time with your family and other loved ones, and then pass out during the football game. Heh :P

Hope you all have a great Turkey Day weekend. I know I am... going over to friends house for dinner and drinking, plan on working on 'The Beast' the next morning with a buddy of mine, and then celebrating xmas early with Jenn since I'm outta here real soon. Soooo... have a fun and safe weekend, and maybe I'll see ya on one of the servers. See ya!

Tags: Thanksgiving
Posted under: Hardfought news, Miscellaneous

K2
Administrator

Happy Turkey Day!!

Postby K2 » Nov 22nd, 2007 at 6:20 am

Gobble gobble! :P

Any of ya gonna have a turducken this weekend? :shock:

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Nov 22nd, 2007 at 9:12 am

For those that know me, I am 6'4", 148 lbs. I plan on eating at least 4 servings worth of shit today, passing out from the food, then getting up at quarter to 9 tonight so I can go set-up for your crazy fuckers tommorrow morning.

BTW, I won't gain a pound from today either. :D

Happy Turkey Day people.

StrikerBack
Fresh Meat

Postby StrikerBack » Nov 22nd, 2007 at 9:28 am

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Nov 22nd, 2007 at 9:41 am

thanksgiving blessings to all. Even you Derfel.
EatMoreLead aka EML

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Nov 22nd, 2007 at 10:06 am

JayPhat wrote:For those that know me, I am 6'4", 148 lbs. I plan on eating at least 4 servings worth of shit today, passing out from the food, then getting up at quarter to 9 tonight so I can go set-up for your crazy fuckers tommorrow morning.

BTW, I won't gain a pound from today either. :D

Happy Turkey Day people.

Damn Jay, and I thought I was too light for my height. Used to hover around 150 at 5'11, but now around 165.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving mofos. I'm gonna be gorging on Cajun Fried Turkey and watchin football.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke

Phoenix
Elite Member

Postby Phoenix » Nov 22nd, 2007 at 1:43 pm

Happy thanksgiving folks. As for the turducken, yes, from the only place worth getting one from Heberts. If you don't know them then you don't deserve to eat turducken, they make the best turducken, featured on the food network all the time.
Former HF clan member, server admin, all around troll

"You don't do things right once-in-a-while. You do them right all the time."- Vince Lombardi

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Nov 22nd, 2007 at 3:14 pm

Phoenix wrote:Happy thanksgiving folks. As for the turducken, yes, from the only place worth getting one from Heberts. If you don't know them then you don't deserve to eat turducken, they make the best turducken, featured on the food network all the time.

Do they deliver to Hawaii? :P

All you guys sound skinny as fuck... gain some weight! lol :lol:

SinneD

Postby SinneD » Nov 22nd, 2007 at 6:22 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Just got done deep-frying 2 turkey's cajun style, was hoping I would be able to see the Colts game here but the bastards are only showing it on NFL Network :( and yeah you guys need to gain some weight lol.

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Nov 22nd, 2007 at 10:37 pm

My wife is happy with the way I am and more importantly I am. So up yours. :twisted:

Damn Colts were giving me a scare in the first half but things seem in control now.

Sinned are you gonna miss out on the Cowboys and Pack next week too? A damn shame, you should bitch at your carrier for not having NFL Network.
-Edmund Burke

SinneD

Postby SinneD » Nov 22nd, 2007 at 10:42 pm

Yeah I'll miss the Cowboy's Packers game also, I've bitched to Time Warner a few times about this but they just keep running around in circles, last time I complained to them I got 3 free PPV movies, so I might do it again just to get the movies lol, but I would prefer the NFL Network :(

pyrox420
Elite Member

Postby pyrox420 » Nov 23rd, 2007 at 10:57 am

I'm lucky with the Pack game... happen to be in their "local" network so I'll get it on the regular fox channel.

I had too much turkey... and I'm going to be eating some more for lunch today!

Anyone know where i can get a cheap turkey deep fryer? I have some friends coming over next weekend and i want to deep fry the turducken.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here". - Jayne

SinneD

Postby SinneD » Nov 23rd, 2007 at 1:28 pm

I got mine a few years ago on base here for around $50 for a whole set. If you have an Academy store in your area I know they sell deep fry kits for fairly cheap, I believe around $70 or so.

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Nov 23rd, 2007 at 1:55 pm

Target has turkey deep fryer set for about $50 today.
-Edmund Burke

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Nov 23rd, 2007 at 2:37 pm

cabela's --- PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL deep frying - I had a customer whose husband literally burned off a leg from a deep fryer when the base broke. The hot oil burned his flesh and muscles off and they had to amputate the bone. Yeah, not fun.
EatMoreLead aka EML

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Nov 23rd, 2007 at 4:57 pm

EatMoreLead wrote:cabela's --- PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL deep frying - I had a customer whose husband literally burned off a leg from a deep fryer when the base broke. The hot oil burned his flesh and muscles off and they had to amputate the bone. Yeah, not fun.

I remember reading 2 years ago when this woman got done remodeling her house, the first thing she did was have the construction crew over to her house to celebrate by deep frying a turkey, IN THE ATTACHED GARAGE. Needless to say, they had to redo half the work they had just performed from the fire damage they caused by not paying attention.

Phoenix
Elite Member

Postby Phoenix » Nov 24th, 2007 at 3:26 pm

K2 wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Happy thanksgiving folks. As for the turducken, yes, from the only place worth getting one from Heberts. If you don't know them then you don't deserve to eat turducken, they make the best turducken, featured on the food network all the time.

Do they deliver to Hawaii? :P

All you guys sound skinny as fuck... gain some weight! lol :lol:

Doubt it but you never know.
Former HF clan member, server admin, all around troll

"You don't do things right once-in-a-while. You do them right all the time."- Vince Lombardi

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Nov 24th, 2007 at 6:55 pm

Deep Fried Turkey is the bomb, and a good way to cook if yer too lazy to do it the right way in the oven :) I have a lady friend who deep fries em for the playoff games and the superbowl, mmmmmmm.

Turkey's are fun as heck to mess with too, find em during mating season and wait for the male to do his display then chase em, the females scurry through bushes easy but the dumbass male runs with his feathers in full display and gets stuck in the bushes. In southern Oregon its how most people catch em rather than shoot em and have to pick lead out of em.

Tim~

Miracl3

Postby Miracl3 » Nov 24th, 2007 at 7:32 pm

well my turkey day/b-day sucked. My mom went into the hospital wednesday with an ulcer near her spleen. Had to have emergency surgery to remove the spleen and part of her stomach. First turkey day n bday without her so it sucked. But i did have a better reason to get drunk Thursday which is what i did. So i guess you could say i ate 2 cases of Bud Ice for turkey day.

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Nov 24th, 2007 at 11:26 pm

sorry to hear about your mom. is getting drunk really such a good idea when you are a dad?
EatMoreLead aka EML

Miracl3

Postby Miracl3 » Nov 25th, 2007 at 8:26 am

well my son was staying with his other grandma. She wanted to keep him since he couldnt go with us to hospital and such becuz the age limit is 12 or u will have to wait with the child in the lobby. Which my wife didnt wanna do for 2-3 hrs. but when we got back from hospital is when i got drunk. I dont drink that often anyways and never around my son.

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Nov 25th, 2007 at 8:39 am

OK, good to hear!
EatMoreLead aka EML

Return to “News Postings”