Happy Birthday!! Hardfought turns seven!

Discuss subjects regarding Hardfought news here.

Moderator: News posters

K2
Administrator

Happy Birthday!! Hardfought turns seven!

Postby K2 » Oct 22nd, 2007 at 8:31 am

Happy birthday Hardfought! Wooo!! lol :P

Alright gang... reminisce!

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Oct 22nd, 2007 at 8:40 am

Happy 7th Birthday HF!

Time sure does fly. Thinking back to the time when I first played on the HF CS server...7 years is a long time.

Can't wait til the next LAN it's definitely needed.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Oct 22nd, 2007 at 8:49 am

Rgr, maybe I can actually make one, since I haven't attended since #2. :P

My thoughts of Hardfought:
What can I say?

sX + Mav = buttsexx0r

K2 = One of the best game community admins I've ever met

EML = Pull the sled, bitch!

KC = raped you bitches on dialup forever and a day! :D
KC also = Not afraid to admit Hardfought is mostly the reason I am as good at CSS as I am.

More-so, it's hard to believe that I've personally been a member of this community for almost 7 years now. I'm glad that I chose Hardfought as my first Counter-Strike server, it's given me some pretty good "friendships" and a lot of good competition throughout the years.

Cheers Hardfought!

proval.
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul

Phoenix
Elite Member

Postby Phoenix » Oct 22nd, 2007 at 10:06 am

I only go back to the beta CSS servers but man its been a great few years. Now if I can just talk my wife into the LAN this year...
Former HF clan member, server admin, all around troll

"You don't do things right once-in-a-while. You do them right all the time."- Vince Lombardi

carnage

Postby carnage » Oct 22nd, 2007 at 12:46 pm

I started playing on the server during the Return to Castle Wolfenstein days. HF was by far the best server out there imho. We had a ton of regulars come by. I think 2 or 3 clans formed from the players that frequented the server. Good times.

Carn

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Oct 22nd, 2007 at 1:21 pm

I think I was one of the first admins on the CS server (maybe the second or third one after Goat and Arctek).

Mouser
Elite Member

Postby Mouser » Oct 22nd, 2007 at 3:06 pm

Happy birthday! Fun times with good folks.

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Oct 23rd, 2007 at 11:38 am

Phoenix wrote:I only go back to the beta CSS servers but man its been a great few years. Now if I can just talk my wife into the LAN this year...

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure I joined about the same time...the day of the release of the beta. I played maybe a month or so before joining IRC and the Forums.

Hmmmm Memories. The CSS clan for those couple years was a ton of fun. I remember Pred had been playing for about 3 months and relic said "Pred you've got the skills to be a great CSS player"...and he's one of the best now. ::sigh:: good times

>'.'<

Then, of course, there's the late night frag fests when everyone else is in bed but 8 or 10 HF regs and we all swap [s]handjobs[/s] headshots.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Oct 23rd, 2007 at 6:55 pm

I remember playing on a hardfought server during the CS beta (not source), then got sucked into EQ for bout 5 or 6 years. When I came back to CS I tracked down a hardfought server because the old one kicked ass, and the source one was kicking ass for awhile after I came back. Glad to see hardfought is hosting a game server again and that its kicking ass.

Back then I used to go by Smurfydapooh, I sucked so I figured my name should also.
I really need to change this sig

Miracl3

Postby Miracl3 » Oct 23rd, 2007 at 9:38 pm

Burzum wrote:
Phoenix wrote:I only go back to the beta CSS servers but man its been a great few years. Now if I can just talk my wife into the LAN this year...

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure I joined about the same time...the day of the release of the beta. I played maybe a month or so before joining IRC and the Forums.

Hmmmm Memories. The CSS clan for those couple years was a ton of fun. I remember Pred had been playing for about 3 months and relic said "Pred you've got the skills to be a great CSS player"...and he's one of the best now. ::sigh:: good times

>'.'<

Then, of course, there's the late night frag fests when everyone else is in bed but 8 or 10 HF regs and we all swap [s]handjobs[/s] headshots.

ya preds a bad mofo...i remmeber loving the community from my experience in the game 3 yrs ago. Then i went 6 months without net and i still came back, btw pred pwns but dennis pwns pred :twisted: ;P

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Oct 24th, 2007 at 11:16 am

If you are truly an old skool HF, you will know what this means:

TsK 4 life!

-Wid
- The AWP god formerly known as 'WidowMaker' [Retired]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-Game Designer
-Retro Studios - www.retrostudios.com
-If the next Metroid sucks, you will know who to blame.

doofy

Postby doofy » Nov 2nd, 2007 at 12:10 am

TsK pfft...

Good to see a lot of people are still around. It's been a long time everyone, hopefully there's many more fun years to come. It still impresses me to this day that you could AWP on dialup KC. Let's get some more of the originals posting on here!

I'm with KC. proval.

*EDIT* Why does it show that I only joined the forums in 2006??? I'm pretty sure I was one of the first to sign up for the new boards when K2 put them up... meh.

sX
Elite Member

Postby sX » Nov 2nd, 2007 at 5:32 am

Wow..

HF is getting older..

Thus meaning I've been boning Glimm's mom for ALL these years..

I know he's lurking.. :twisted:
(o )^( o) Tetas.

Return to “News Postings”