Veterans Day, CS:S retired for good

Discuss subjects regarding Hardfought news here.

Moderator: News posters

K2
Administrator

Veterans Day, CS:S retired for good

Postby K2 » Nov 11th, 2006 at 4:32 pm

Cheers to all Veterans out there!!

R.I.P. CSS, long live somethin' else... ;)

sohpriest

Postby sohpriest » Nov 11th, 2006 at 4:41 pm

thanks for giving so much to keep us safe
"I am Jack's smirking revenge."

Miracl3

Postby Miracl3 » Nov 12th, 2006 at 8:22 am

sohpriest wrote:thanks for giving so much to keep us safe

ya Keith and others who have served...you guys deserve a big round of applause. MY grandfather was some sort of engineer in the navy. There was a story in his memoir about his ship getting hit and him being the only one available who actually knew how to fix the ship before it sank. This same man went on to invent a power generator that ran off vacuum
in the 1970's. It ran off thephysics of vacuum....not an actual vacuum. The way it worked was... It had a battery that stored enough power to start the machine but once the machine was started it ran by itself. He got letters from accredited scientists saying he broke the law of physics and shit. And then...his accountants (who were located in Miami while he was in ga) ran off with about 2.5 mil that an investor donated. So it got scrapped due to funding....no1 would invest because they thought it was him. That was his lifes work...a veteran and an inventor. But i still got most the plans in an old box. He could never get any support from the govt...i beleive it was cause of the big power companies already had the govt's backing. I'm trying to find some1 who knows how to read blueprints n diagrams well so maybe one day i can carry that on. But at one time that generator was running his big ass shop lights....so it worked...it was just huge...but hell even the first pc was the size of a warehouse

Miracl3

Re: Veterans Day, CS:S retired for good

Postby Miracl3 » Nov 12th, 2006 at 8:26 am

K2 wrote:Cheers to all Veterans out there!!

R.I.P. CSS, long live somethin' else... ;)

hmmm any of u ever played garrys mod? fun as shit..like hl2 legos or something lol.

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Nov 13th, 2006 at 8:37 pm

Hooray Veterans!

Miracl3 wrote:The way it worked was... It had a battery that stored enough power to start the machine but once the machine was started it ran by itself. He got letters from accredited scientists saying he broke the law of physics and shit.

Homer Simpson said it best: In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!

*sigh*

They need to do a better job of teaching science in school.

I'm trying to find some1 who knows how to read blueprints n diagrams well so maybe one day i can carry that on.

Not to shit on your dream, but anyone with a basic understanding of phyiscs (and I mean basic) wouldn't even give you the time of day, let alone entertian the notion of building it.

I would suggest patenting it, but the patent office would only look at your schematic long enough to reject your application.

But, if you're interested, you should know that one of the top five engineering schools in the country is located within an hours drive of you. If you really believe in your grandads invention, just take the schematics to physics department and maybe you can have some grad student look at it or something.

kic ass mi3

Old friends, still on your side

Postby kic ass mi3 » Nov 19th, 2006 at 11:29 am

Hey guys, I am still out there. I read K2s notice of Cs: retirement and although I do not like CS I felt apathy for the struggles he has to deal with. All in the name of fun.

So it saddens me that there are people out there who would betray friends on any level; but you know sometimes things evolve in strange ways, and it is like so many other things in life, it is over. Been there down(((done)) <<lol<<< that! You can only evolve further into a better clan; and think of it this way; hopefully all the bad ones have left and you can put them on a permenet ban.

I reside and play with a clan of guys (older, and not so active!) which do not take any game too seriously, and we have a ball; winning or losing. It is great when you are winning, but we get a good laugh as we go either way. (( TEAM BDA)) stands for Beer Drinking Assassins! So say no more on that.

But what ever you do K2, keep the fun part in it or don't do it at all.

Still have great respect for you and always keep Hardfought on my file. Will check out that new game you mentioned, and if I like it will drop by your server to play.

[BDA]Kic Ass Mi3
Bermuda
"DO or DO NOT; there is no TRY"
*Yoda* Makes things simple!

sohpriest

Postby sohpriest » Nov 19th, 2006 at 11:14 pm

hey kic you still playing BF2
"I am Jack's smirking revenge."

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Nov 20th, 2006 at 10:22 pm

Thx everybody for the replies, it's appreciated.

And yeah kic ass mi3 keep in touch :P

Trojan

Postby Trojan » Dec 18th, 2006 at 12:13 pm

Definitely make note of the next game to be hosted K2. HF CS:S was a blast, and I have been mindlessly wandering throughout the FPS world looking for a similar community. The level of skill and pseudo-maturity that HF had for CS:S was great. Hope to see you all again in the future.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Dec 18th, 2006 at 1:08 pm

Heya Trojan ;)

Next game is lookin to be Team Fortress 2, but it wont be out til this coming summer according to Valve. And I still have a server up and operational (thx Boom!), just nothing is running on it at the moment.

I'll definitely keep everyone posted.

Relic

Postby Relic » Dec 19th, 2006 at 10:06 am

K2 wrote:Heya Trojan ;)

Next game is lookin to be Team Fortress 2, but it wont be out til this coming summer according to Valve. And I still have a server up and operational (thx Boom!), just nothing is running on it at the moment.

I'll definitely keep everyone posted.

TF2 has been "coming out" for 4 years now.

I'm pretty sure we can put it up with the Lochness monster and kids dying from pop rocks and a can of coke.

-Relic

YOU CLICK DRAGON

Cud

Postby Cud » Jan 18th, 2007 at 2:46 pm

Happy New Year!

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Jan 18th, 2007 at 8:10 pm

Cud wrote:Happy New Year!

Chinesse New Year?

Miracl3

Postby Miracl3 » Jan 20th, 2007 at 6:49 am

JayPhat wrote:

Chinesse New Year?

rofl i like ur new sig jay!!! :twisted:

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Jan 21st, 2007 at 5:49 am

No more hardfought IRC, it was unregistered?

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Jan 21st, 2007 at 10:34 am

Shouldnt have been as long as ppl still idle there... I cant idle in IRC from where I'm at; IRC is blocked.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Jan 21st, 2007 at 11:12 pm

Miracl3 wrote:
JayPhat wrote:

Chinesse New Year?

You like that? The next line from that guy is even better.

"And to top it off, they marched you into the classroom and they had a bloke nailed up onto the wall and I was like "BLOODY HELL!" Come to find out it was the boss's son. Them Catholics don't take no prisoners"

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Feb 21st, 2007 at 10:08 am

JayPhat wrote:
Miracl3 wrote:
JayPhat wrote:

Chinesse New Year?

You like that? The next line from that guy is even better.

"And to top it off, they marched you into the classroom and they had a bloke nailed up onto the wall and I was like "BLOODY HELL!" Come to find out it was the boss's son. Them Catholics don't take no prisoners"

lmfao, that's quite hilarious.

Return to “News Postings”