The Playoffs? Part 1

Discuss subjects regarding Hardfought news here.

Moderator: News posters

Burzum
Benefactor

The Playoffs? Part 1

Postby Burzum » Mar 16th, 2006 at 2:37 pm

It’s been an exciting season for Hardfought. There have been some ups and downs but we’ve finally brought it to a close with a very satisfying 8:2 record. Does that mean we’re in the playoffs? Probably. We haven’t received the final invitation from CAL yet but we’re expecting it as the rest of the teams close their seasons.

Sixty-four teams will be chosen from the central conference for the playoff’s based on the following factors (in order of importance).
First, Division Ranking (did they win their division?). Hardfought placed fourth in Central Gamma, behind Just a Game, Extempore and Hard Clan. In the entire conference Hardfought is ranked #10.
Second, Points (Wins count for 2 points, ties for 1 point, losses for 0). Hardfought has 7 wins, 2 losses and 1 forfeit win.
Last is RPI. This is a ranking system that takes into account strength of schedule in deciding where a team stands. Hardfought’s current RPI is 0.692. Hardfought ranks 19th based solely on RPI in the central conference.

Teams are required to have no forfeit losses and no more than one forfeit wins. Up until last night Hardfought had 2 forfeit wins. The first was de_dust2 from week 1 and the second was de_contra on week 8. Burzum obtained permission from CAL to makeup week 1 with Virtual Assassins who was good enough to oblige us.

The match got off to a decent start with Hardfought winning their first pistol round in many weeks. Shade’s awesome strategies kept them guessing and let HF end the half with 13 points on the board. The CT started a little rough with VA putting up a few points in the first 5 or 6 rounds. But HF got their momentum back and rolled VA 9-6 for a final score of 22-8.

“Thanks again to Team Virtual Assassins for playing this makeup match with us. It’s been a huge help and we had fun both pre-game and during the match. They’re a good bunch of guys. Be sure to checkout their channel: #virtualassassinsâ€
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Mar 16th, 2006 at 3:33 pm

I wasn't on the roster but i killed all those people with the force.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Shade
Elite Member

Postby Shade » Mar 16th, 2006 at 3:39 pm

LMAO,

Predator played not Mayo for the Record.

errrr

Maybe they didnt notice we had 6. Predator was cloaked in war craft 3 mod style.
ClanKiller | Shade

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Mar 16th, 2006 at 4:05 pm

ya they were nice, till they found out that Pred's b/f is the awp....
I've been deleted!!

Shade
Elite Member

Postby Shade » Mar 16th, 2006 at 4:07 pm

Yah , pretty bad when they mm2 5 rounds into CT that they are going to want to see some demo's.
ClanKiller | Shade

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Mar 16th, 2006 at 4:31 pm

Woops. Sorry about that Darth Pred.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Shade
Elite Member

Postby Shade » Mar 16th, 2006 at 4:55 pm

Wow , interesting, the only one posting on this thread are the ones who played in the match. Get over yourselves — its just a fkn game. Why dont you go out and get some real accomplishments. Like a degree, a good job, travel the world, make lots of money, have lots of sex, u guys are fkn dorks , every single one of you and i hope that cs source gets shut down so i never have to read another newspost on how your stupid cal-ohhhh season is going.

losers
ClanKiller | Shade

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Mar 16th, 2006 at 5:16 pm

Or maybe test your skills in real combat eh? :twisted:

Good job guys, I'm sure we'll be picked for the playoffs.

EatMoreLead
Benefactor

Postby EatMoreLead » Mar 17th, 2006 at 10:21 am

good job - I like the new psychology of MVP only on a win. :)
EatMoreLead aka EML

b0ba

Postby b0ba » Mar 17th, 2006 at 10:24 am

gl in the playoffs, make cal-m next season

rekloose-[PUPPY]
Elite Member

Postby rekloose-[PUPPY] » Mar 17th, 2006 at 10:59 am

I think it was my psychology of singly MVPs as opposed to whole team VIPs ...

Relic

Postby Relic » Mar 20th, 2006 at 9:32 am

Grats guys, nice record, will definitely get you moved up next season.

-Relic

YOU CLICK DRAGON

Return to “News Postings”