Psyko Audio Labs 5.1 Gaming headphones

Need some advice on what video card to buy? Wanna buy/sell/trade some equipment? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., DocNsane

K2
Administrator

Psyko Audio Labs 5.1 Gaming headphones

Postby K2 » Jan 11th, 2009 at 7:15 am

Any of you guys ever hear of these? - http://psykoaudio.com/

The Psyko 5.1 headphones are a radical departure from any other headphone you have ever seen. For starters the speakers are not placed in the ear cups. The speakers are placed above your head in the bridge of the headphone...

Saw mention of them from CES and also on HardOCP. These are supposedly the shit. A bit pricey, but if you're playing competitively, I suppose it'd be worth a pair.

sX
Elite Member

Postby sX » Jan 11th, 2009 at 4:16 pm

Listen here, K2. I'm a cyber athlete and I play professionally. I am in the League of Champions, ok? Now these headphones are complete SHIT. They suck. DO NOT buy them.

Signed,
The Omega Champion League of Champions, Champ in Championship.
(o )^( o) Tetas.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Jan 11th, 2009 at 10:59 pm

Shut up sX... you cant even afford to give yourself a handjob, much less pay for somethin like this.

:D

Phoenix
Elite Member

Postby Phoenix » Jan 11th, 2009 at 11:05 pm

Not exactly on topic so I could start a new one but what the hay people are probably now reading this one.

My wife just blew out her old crappy speakers that came with her computer back in the day, she does listen to quite a good bit of music so I want to get her a decent to good system. I was looking at the bose companion 2 speakers which are only $100. Anyone have experience with these or a recommendation on a good set of speakers in that price range?
Former HF clan member, server admin, all around troll

"You don't do things right once-in-a-while. You do them right all the time."- Vince Lombardi

Catharsys

Postby Catharsys » Jan 12th, 2009 at 6:02 am

It's basically 2 headsets with 4 speakers. 2 are in the front of the ear and 2 behind. Nothing else seems different. For $299 I would rather jerryrig 2 headsets together.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Jan 12th, 2009 at 12:50 pm

I wouldn't. I actually tried rigging up a 'surround sound' headphone system back in the day, and it sounded like ASS. Best to buy one. And the approach the company in this thread took, looks like an awesome implementation. It's true 5.1 surround without any DSP involved. AND you get a mic. I may grab a set when I get back.

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Jan 12th, 2009 at 3:14 pm

K2 wrote:Shut up sX... you cant even afford to give yourself a handjob, much less pay for somethin like this.

:D

Beaner pwned!

Don't forget you can spend a billion dollars on headphones but if your soundcard is shit, the headphones wont make it sound any better.

Tim~

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Jan 21st, 2009 at 12:53 am

Turtle Beach has some decent surround sound headphones. AK-8 or something like that. I've had them for a few years now and they do well with CSS
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Return to “All Things Hardware”