Digital music knowledge

Need some advice on what video card to buy? Wanna buy/sell/trade some equipment? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., DocNsane

K2
Administrator

Digital music knowledge

Postby K2 » Nov 22nd, 2008 at 10:39 am

Came across this lil article about what the serious audiophile needs to know about digital music - http://www.cepro.com/article/7_facts_au ... ital_music

Wish this article had been around 3 yrs ago when I converted my CD collection to MP3's. I was already planning on doing this again next year with EAC + the latest LAME codec. Good read if you're in to this sort of thing.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Nov 22nd, 2008 at 6:29 pm

I would be more interested to know how I can get Vista by default to burn CD's using the master file system instead of this live bullshit. I can't get anything to burrn to CD that will read in my car. I am using the same programs and same CD's as before. Only diffrence is Vista and XP. FUCK YOU MS!

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Nov 22nd, 2008 at 7:55 pm

Why switch to Vista? When I had my laptop built I told em just XP, no Vista crap. I hate Vista, sure it's prettier, but all the little shortcuts and tricks from XP don't work in Vista.

To me MS is just like AOL, all the latest versions are just more eye candy, memory hogging and problems that simply by using an older version are completely avoided.

Tim~

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Nov 23rd, 2008 at 5:29 am

Both the CD burner option in XP and Vista suck. Don't use 'em. Personally, I go with Nero for my CD/DVD burning needs.

Back on topic - any of ya rip your CD's to FLAC or any other lossess codec?

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Nov 23rd, 2008 at 6:36 pm

K2 wrote:Both the CD burner option in XP and Vista suck. Don't use 'em. Personally, I go with Nero for my CD/DVD burning needs.

Thats not the issue. The issue is Vista. Even Nero doesn't work to burn these things. I am getting sick of all the channel shuffling on my XM as they update, and am gettng tired of listening to the same burned CD's.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Nov 24th, 2008 at 12:26 am

Start another thread about then. Dont hijack my thread.

And its probably user error ;) I've never had any issues burning anything on vista.

Back on topic... again... I read the latest version of itunes has improved mp3 ripping quality now (8.02). I'd still use EAC + LAME to do high quality mp3's tho.

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Dec 19th, 2008 at 10:58 am

JayPhat wrote:I would be more interested to know how I can get Vista by default to burn CD's using the master file system instead of this live bullshit. I can't get anything to burrn to CD that will read in my car. I am using the same programs and same CD's as before. Only diffrence is Vista and XP. FUCK YOU MS!

When you're burning the CD with Windows gay little burner choose advanced and there are two radio buttons. The default is some retarted Windows mode and the second is a compatability mode. Use the second and it should burn it like a normal and let you play it anywhere.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Dec 21st, 2008 at 8:58 pm

Burzum wrote:
JayPhat wrote:I would be more interested to know how I can get Vista by default to burn CD's using the master file system instead of this live bullshit. I can't get anything to burrn to CD that will read in my car. I am using the same programs and same CD's as before. Only diffrence is Vista and XP. FUCK YOU MS!

When you're burning the CD with Windows gay little burner choose advanced and there are two radio buttons. The default is some retarted Windows mode and the second is a compatability mode. Use the second and it should burn it like a normal and let you play it anywhere.

You're gonna have to supply pictures of what you're talking about because I see nothing that looks like that.

Burzum
Benefactor

Postby Burzum » Apr 3rd, 2009 at 11:12 am

I guess it takes me forever to check the boards :) Did you ever get this figured out? Screen shots sound like so much work.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Apr 4th, 2009 at 12:42 am

Burzum wrote:I guess it takes me forever to check the boards :) Did you ever get this figured out? Screen shots sound like so much work.

Yes, I put everything i want on my thumb drive, walk into the next room, plug it into Monicas computer and burn it onto CD from there. Apparently Vista is under the impression that everyone has an MP3 capable CD player and thus only burns disks as MP3's. FUCK YOU VISTA.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Apr 4th, 2009 at 1:29 am

Seriously Jay... I've never had any issues with Vista. You're just MS-challenged.

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Apr 4th, 2009 at 2:36 am

I think he's just plain challenged. :)

-Grant.

Jman

Postby Jman » Apr 4th, 2009 at 8:31 pm

I love Vista.. it had a few bugs until SP1 came out, but we bought several copies the day it was released because we wanted to game in DX10 64bit. I was doin' Oblivion back then and it was so much more awesome afterward the Vista install. Just gotta run 4g mem, but heck nowadays memory is cheaper than a visit to Starbux.

We use CloneCD and CloneDVD.. easiest software in the world. Highly recommend.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Apr 4th, 2009 at 11:21 pm

Look I am telling you. I used Nero 8 to burn a CD for all CD players and the only thing it will play in is a computer, or the wifes stereo because its almost brand new and recognizes MP3's. It also has to do with this damn live file system that Vista defaults to. I guess I just need to get a new stereo for my car.

Jman

Re: Digital music knowledge

Postby Jman » Apr 7th, 2009 at 9:31 am

I don't think NERO 8 works with Vista.. at least it didn't work for me, but I'm running 64bit. I had to uninstall it, then reinstall NERO 7 Premium, which I still have on this computer. Might check their site to make sure... but 6mos ago that's how it was.

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Apr 7th, 2009 at 12:35 pm

I know Nero 6 doesn't work with Vista. Just bought Nero 9 for my Vista 64 system. Burns audio CDs just fine. I think you're technologically impaired Jay. :)

-Grant.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Apr 7th, 2009 at 3:33 pm

Nero 8 works fine under vista x64 and windows 7 x64 - I have it and use it.

Return to “All Things Hardware”