Xbox 360 on sale today

Need some advice on what video card to buy? Wanna buy/sell/trade some equipment? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., DocNsane

K2
Administrator

Xbox 360 on sale today

Postby K2 » Nov 22nd, 2005 at 1:04 pm

It's in stores today... or was anyways, prolly sold out already :) Did any of you waste your money err I mean buy one?

Teufel

Postby Teufel » Nov 22nd, 2005 at 1:35 pm

nope.. if i get one it will be if the wife buys it for me...
-----------------------------------
The things you own.
End up owning you.

DocNsane

Postby DocNsane » Nov 22nd, 2005 at 6:46 pm

They are gonig for 1000$, Ebay here I come....chaching.

I'll buy my own in like 6 months.

I Want Some Taquitos

Postby I Want Some Taquitos » Nov 23rd, 2005 at 12:31 am

I got a buddy that works at Best Buy...he says people at his store were waiting for at least 14 hours...although i've heard some people have waited up to 36 hours. He wanted to go tell everyone in line that they only have 50 xbox 360's in the store...$1000 a piece? Try the Xbox - HDTV Bundle...that's only $1,800 (although it includes an 23" LCD)...I'd get it, oh wait, I have a car payment to make...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 5400050007

Catharsys

Postby Catharsys » Nov 23rd, 2005 at 2:32 am

ebay is a great place for laughs. if i had a child who wanted this, i'd sell them.

T3K

Postby T3K » Nov 23rd, 2005 at 2:57 am

people actually buy that taquitos? that shit is crazy, i wouldnt fucking pay 1850 for that, thats just crazy talk...
If you can't spot the sucker at the table in your first half hour then you are the sucker.

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Nov 23rd, 2005 at 4:28 am

Why not? Have you seen the specs of the xbox? It's basically that of a 7800GT, 3.2ghz P4. Not a bad price for what it entails, though I don't console game, it's not worth it.

(you have to remember that 1850 price is mostly the 23 inch HDTV LCD. the xbox setup itself is like $500.)

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Nov 23rd, 2005 at 4:47 am

Oreo, it doesn't matter what the specs are. Buying any console at launch is a fool's move. First of all, most of the launch titles aren't even great. Sports games, which are just updated player rosters and improved graphics over the last version. Some shooters that are far better on PC anyway. A mediocre adventure title, etc... All of the decent games will come out later, when there's a greater supply of consoles anyway.
Then, the inflated price for a system that hasn't been field tested yet. When the PS2 launched, it had problems. When the Xbox launched, it had problems. When the GC launched, it had problems. All three systems had slightly different problems, but they all had problems nonetheless.
I wouldn't put too much faith in a newborn console, it's liable to throw up on you.
I've been deleted!!

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Nov 23rd, 2005 at 1:54 pm

hahaha. i'm sure some of you have catched the guy who waited 55 hours for the xbox 360 only to smash it with a sledgehammer right outside the best buy in front of the other people waiting to get one ....

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep ... sVUkVu.php or www.smashmyxbox.com

*update*

just looked thru xbox-scene some more and apparently a lot of people have had random crashes with all different types of game... doesn't sound good already ...
I've been deleted!!

sohpriest

Postby sohpriest » Nov 23rd, 2005 at 2:14 pm

I bought a ps2 2 weeks before they anounced the drop from $300 to $200. I will never buy another console again until they get used ones at gamespot. Just isn't worth it.
"I am Jack's smirking revenge."

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Nov 23rd, 2005 at 6:48 pm

Damn, why doesn't microsoft just give these things away? They're already loosing around $126 per sale.

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?si ... 09&tid=211
I really need to change this sig

Roug|-|necK

Postby Roug|-|necK » Nov 26th, 2005 at 6:02 pm

I had to wait in line for a little bit but I got one from best buy on the 22nd.

I love the thing, just like I loved the first XBox. I have to disagree with the bad launch games and there are quite a few games worth buying. A lot worth renting also.

I've seen all these horror stories about peoples xboxs working and thats to be expected that a small percentage would be faulty. It happened with the PS2 and the first XBox also. Mine has worked flawlessly and I've played at least a good 20 hours on it already. Also 4 of my friends purchased them and they havent had any problems either.

XBox live is reworked and is better than ever. Thats one of the main reasons I decided to start playing on consoles. Its as easy as can be to use and theres nothing like just popping in a game cd and getting to play right away. Everythings just so much easier on a console and I can actually rent games now instead of having to buy them to play through the whole thing.

Also they added options to download demos and such from xbox live which IMO is fucking awesome.

Cant wait for some of the killer titles coming out next year, Gears of War, Oblivion, Halo 3, Saints Row/

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Nov 26th, 2005 at 7:39 pm

I've seen all these horror stories about peoples xboxs working

LOL
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Nov 27th, 2005 at 5:58 am

Ah, I watched the video of the xbox smashing, it was a lot less dramatic than I expected. There were only like 5 people that saw them do it, and then they were all lame and nerdy about smashing the xbox.

"smashmyxbox.com"

"omg it's not even our money"

"we already did this with smashmyipod"

"smashmyxbox.com we raised money to smash it, its not even our moneY"

they just seemed all gay about it, especially throwing it up in the air first. they should have found a store with a lot more people, then went outside while there were people to see then smashed the fuck out of it without getting in people's faces and being gay. seems to me like they were the homos instead of the people that waited and bought it.

Roug|-|necK

Postby Roug|-|necK » Nov 27th, 2005 at 11:45 am

Catalyst22 wrote:

LOL

You know what i meant...

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Nov 27th, 2005 at 3:26 pm

Roug|-|necK wrote:
Catalyst22 wrote:

LOL

You know what i meant...

Yeah, I know. It just fits with all the horror stories about xbox 360's BSODing out of the box and what not. Cracked me up.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

DoCFuRy[12PC]
Elite Member

Postby DoCFuRy[12PC] » Nov 27th, 2005 at 5:29 pm

All I know is that I will be in line for a PS3, along with my one day ebay sales. Get my wife and kid to each buy one and we will have a fire sale worth a few thousand bucks.

We live in a small town and they said at teh walmart that over 300 people waited in line for only 14 xbox consoles.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Nov 27th, 2005 at 9:37 pm

DoCFuRy[12PC] wrote:All I know is that I will be in line for a PS3, along with my one day ebay sales. Get my wife and kid to each buy one and we will have a fire sale worth a few thousand bucks.

We live in a small town and they said at teh walmart that over 300 people waited in line for only 14 xbox consoles.

Seriously? What a bunch of fucktards who either, A didn't tell the people in line they only had 14, or B, were told there were only 14 and don't know how to add that the 200 people in front of them are more than whats there.

We had 6 people in our store around Sunday at 7PM. They had a nice smell by the next afternoon, let me tell you.

One 12 year old what smart enough to tell his teachers he was doing a job shadow day so he didn't get the absence counted against him.

DocNsane

Postby DocNsane » Dec 2nd, 2005 at 8:18 pm

More shipments are comming, I went ahead and offloaded mine for a cool 850$ to a guy on campus. Didnt' feel like playing ebay roulete.

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Dec 24th, 2005 at 6:47 pm

all i know is i bought one just to have one.... arent i retarded!!!!!

Dylan

Postby Dylan » Dec 25th, 2005 at 3:25 am

You were retarded before you bought it :D
Servers gone and all of a sudden people have opinions of K2, weird

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Dec 25th, 2005 at 4:28 pm

trap is a perfect example of the types of people who wanted a 360 this early: retards and children, trap being both.
I've been deleted!!

Return to “All Things Hardware”