Free license for Linspire

Unix/Linux users rejoice! This forum is just for you.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck.

N2itivX

Free license for Linspire

Postby N2itivX » Sep 4th, 2005 at 9:40 pm

Linspire (previously known as Lindows before Microshaft sued their ass) has a program going on through Labor Day offering people a free license for the Linspire Five-O OS (a $49.95 value). This OS has been sold on PCs sold at large department stores such as Wal-Mart in the past, and is a pretty nice, easy to use desktop Linux. To get your free copy (there may be times you get an error about their website being busy.. just back up and retry it):

Log on to http://www.linspire.com

Go to the Products tab and click on "Order" under "Linspire Five-O" (the $49.95 one)

Next page, click on "Buy Digital"

In the shopping cart, click on "Apply Coupon"

The coupon code is: freespire

After applying the coupon, finish checkout (you'll have to create a Linspire account if you don't already have one). This should be easy enough if you've ever purchased anything online before.

The best way to download is via bittorrent because their website is WAYYY backed up due to this offer. Have fun!

N2[/url]

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Sep 4th, 2005 at 11:07 pm

Be VERY careful with bittorrent and watch it like a HAWK. It is very succeptible to spyware installing. My wife got a bitch program called aurora installed on hers. Took me days to figure out how to uninstall it. Needless to say, it had a way of protecting itself from uninstalling, even in safemode.

N2itivX

Postby N2itivX » Sep 5th, 2005 at 12:32 am

As long as you just use a bittorrent client (like from www.bittorrent.com) you'll be okay. All it does it handle .torrent files. It does no searching, etc. like a peer to peer program.

N2

DocNsane

Postby DocNsane » Sep 5th, 2005 at 8:55 pm

JayPhat wrote:Be VERY careful with bittorrent and watch it like a HAWK. It is very succeptible to spyware installing. My wife got a bitch program called aurora installed on hers. Took me days to figure out how to uninstall it. Needless to say, it had a way of protecting itself from uninstalling, even in safemode.

Sure she wasn't using something like kazza? Ther'es also this other bittorrent client that surfs on the e3k networks.

Just use Azureus or Bittorando

Return to “*nix”