Windows 7 official launch is TODAY

Anything created by Bill Gates falls under this category. Having problems with your windows operating system? Here ya go.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck.

K2
Administrator

Windows 7 official launch is TODAY

Postby K2 » Oct 22nd, 2009 at 11:28 am

Oct. 22nd 2009 is here. My pre-order of Windows 7 Ultimate has already shipped. How many of ya ordered Windows 7, and which flavor?

sX
Elite Member

Re: Windows 7 official launch is TODAY

Postby sX » Oct 22nd, 2009 at 5:51 pm

I've had Windows 7 Pro for quite some time now..

Thanks to IEEE of course.

Have you seen the videos of the Windows store? It's ridiculous.. In so many ways of course.
(o )^( o) Tetas.

Nad

Postby Nad » Oct 23rd, 2009 at 8:46 am

Not yet, but I'm sure I'll be picking it up before too much longer. I'll have to test it for the company and decide whether we upgrade or not.
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Oct 23rd, 2009 at 11:29 pm

If ya do Nad, go with windows 7 pro - its not as expensive as ultimate, you still get RDP, and you can download 'XP mode' for it. It's win7 own virtual machine mode, its literally winXP os inside win7 so you can run older apps. Pretty cool feature and it's free I believe.

I'll prob get pro version for Jenn's laptop... gonna keep using the RC on all the other computers til the RC expires.

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Oct 24th, 2009 at 5:13 pm

K2 does your school have a Microsoft software agreement?

At UTA I'm allowed one copy of Windows 7 Ultimate upgrade for $34.99, which I will be getting.

Kind of pissed at MS though because I paid for Vista Ultimate and the least they could do is give us a discount on 7.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke

Miracl3

Postby Miracl3 » Oct 24th, 2009 at 9:59 pm

heh..i wont switch...nothing excited me about MS's latest OS's. still using xp pro sp3 and server enterprise 2003 on my spare machine (on the latest OS's ms sql 2k install bugs on me)

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Oct 25th, 2009 at 12:32 am

I vote to ban Miracl3 simply because his sig is for his frickin XBox360.

Phoenix
Elite Member

Postby Phoenix » Oct 25th, 2009 at 10:08 am

I will probably buy a copy in Feb or March, I am still running the RC so I don't see any real reason to get the real deal until later on.
Former HF clan member, server admin, all around troll

"You don't do things right once-in-a-while. You do them right all the time."- Vince Lombardi

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Oct 26th, 2009 at 9:34 pm

I've been reading horror stories about the student windows 7 upgrade process. I havent checked with the college I go to specifically (prob will tomorrow). Thing is tho, you can only get the upgrade versions, not the full that you use on a blank hard drive. I know there's a way to use the upgrade version to install on a blank system, but it's really shady, and something that MS will probably not allow with a future patch.

And I've said this several times in the past - installing a new OS on top of an older existing copy is just asking for trouble.

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Oct 27th, 2009 at 7:40 pm

Yeah I hear ya K2, honestly I really prefer to have a clean and full install over an upgrade.

I will probably just wait it out and stick with Vista Ultimate for a while longer.
-Edmund Burke

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Oct 29th, 2009 at 5:17 pm

Finished installing windows 7 ultimate today - XP mode under Virtual PC is the shit. Highly recommend it for running older legacy apps.

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Oct 29th, 2009 at 6:36 pm

K2 wrote:I've been reading horror stories about the student windows 7 upgrade process. I havent checked with the college I go to specifically (prob will tomorrow). Thing is tho, you can only get the upgrade versions, not the full that you use on a blank hard drive. I know there's a way to use the upgrade version to install on a blank system, but it's really shady, and something that MS will probably not allow with a future patch.

And I've said this several times in the past - installing a new OS on top of an older existing copy is just asking for trouble.

The student version that has been having probs is the downloadable version of Windows 7 Professional upgrade.

The one I can get is a hardcopy of Windows 7 Ultimate upgrade and I'm gonna pickup a copy.
-Edmund Burke

Return to “win32/64”