Vista SP1 release candidate changelog

Anything created by Bill Gates falls under this category. Having problems with your windows operating system? Here ya go.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck.

K2
Administrator

Vista SP1 release candidate changelog

Postby K2 » Dec 10th, 2007 at 1:16 am

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Dec 12th, 2007 at 10:59 pm

For the brave and/or curious, a public RC1 release - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... layLang=en

Oreo
l33t scr1pt0r

Postby Oreo » Dec 12th, 2007 at 11:40 pm

Yea it's out since the 11th in the weee morning and I've had it since then.

I had trouble inititally installing it because I had gut my whole OS with vLite. After reinstalling with the retail DVD I was able to install the service pack without any trouble.

It's much snappier. I see faster level load times, gaming is the same to me, but the biggest change is that everything loads and closes much quicker. Such as opening internet explorer, there isn't a big pause and then hard drive grinding. The program just opens up immediately and google is loaded basically right after you click it without any delays.

I haven't run into any bugs other than the initial install and everything is good, I used the full 870MB download so that I would have all of the security patches on a fresh install. After running the service pack and rebooting about 5 times (all done automatically by the patch), I had every recommended and important update. When I ran windows update all that was there were 2 optional driver updates, everything else was already installed!

Well I found my first issue. If I try to record a demo while playing any HL2 based game, the HL2.exe will randomly crash.

Return to “win32/64”