Computer time update

Anything created by Bill Gates falls under this category. Having problems with your windows operating system? Here ya go.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck.

Jeng
Elite Member

Computer time update

Postby Jeng » Mar 17th, 2007 at 1:30 pm

Well, with Win2k no longer supported by Microsoft means that my time is off on my computers. So far all I've seen regarding how to change my time correctly requires some registry editing.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a program that will put my computers on the correct time regardless of whether or not they are properly adjusted for DST.

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/ is what I was using prior to the DST change to keep my computers time synced up.

(With Windows XP, there is a patch for DST available from Microsoft. With older versions of Windows, you may have to update the registry yourself or find a third-party tool to do it.)

So far I haven't found anything from downloads.com that works.
I really need to change this sig

Campsalot

Postby Campsalot » Mar 18th, 2007 at 12:05 am

Download and run this utility. Click on your time zone, click EDIT, make sure the DST date range is set to start on the second Sunday in March and end on the first Sunday in November. All of the other settings should already be correct for your time zone. Click OK then click CLOSE. You will need to double-click on your time in the lower right-hand corner of the start bar, click on the time zone tab, click the drop down box for your time zone, then select the same time zone again. This will enable the "APPLY" button. Click the APPLY button and you will see your time change to the correct time.

FYI.. this manual tool works on Windows 2000 (Professional and Server), Windows XP, and Windows 2003 Server.

Camps

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Mar 18th, 2007 at 12:08 pm

That worked great, thanks alot.

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Mar 18th, 2007 at 3:38 pm

Hmmm, looks like the government time servers have finally figured out the DST change. Damn goofiness.

Return to “win32/64”