Vista R teh Suck Thread

Anything created by Bill Gates falls under this category. Having problems with your windows operating system? Here ya go.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck.

Jeng
Elite Member

Vista R teh Suck Thread

Postby Jeng » Feb 1st, 2007 at 6:38 pm

While we have a couple threads on the good stuff Vista has going on rather than inject random Vista complaints in them, I figured would be a good idea to put up the Vista Sucks thread.

Heres a voice activation remote execution flaw for ya'll.
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=418

Anyone else have some to share?
I really need to change this sig

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Feb 1st, 2007 at 7:05 pm

Workin' on it... I just got thru messing around with windows media center. FUCK ME. I can retire my power dvd software, this thing is the shit. The interface is awesome... it even downloads info about whatever dvd ya pop in to watch.

Sorry, this was the bash vista thread right? OK... I did notice some tearing when in fullscreen mode watching a movie. However, it's probably because I am using the windows-based driver, and not one from the vendor (nvidia).

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Feb 1st, 2007 at 11:48 pm

Actually I was aiming more towards the odd ball stuff that will only happen with Vista, and perhaps problems that our friends and family might end up running into. Though I am glad to hear that your install is trouble free.

Things like

"Many (if not all) users who took advantage of Microsoft's Vista Family Discount have been issued invalid installation keys and cannot install Windows Vista Home Premium. Microsoft says, 'There is no expected time period for a fix at this time.'

http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=37734

good little FYI things.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Feb 2nd, 2007 at 8:41 am

Ouch.

OK, another bad thing I have discovered - while playing mp3's in succession via WMP 11, when the song nears the end, it skips. This didnt happen before with WMP 11 on XP. However, I only have one of two audio drivers installed at the moment. That may be the problem there.

If my wife had a beefy enough system, I woulda bought her a copy of vista ultimate as well. I'll hold off on that tho until I can get her an upgrade... probably after I get back from iraq.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Feb 2nd, 2007 at 10:31 am

K2 wrote:If my wife had a beefy enough system, I woulda bought her a copy of vista ultimate as well. I'll hold off on that tho until I can get her an upgrade... probably after I get back from iraq.

If only we all had an excuse that good......

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Feb 2nd, 2007 at 11:56 am

I could put vista home basic or premium on it, but whats the point? Most of the cool new features and eye-candy are in the ultimate version. Her laptop is just a celery 2 ghz w/ 1 gb ram and an intel-based intergrated vid card (ugh).

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Feb 2nd, 2007 at 10:40 pm

K2 wrote: I did notice some tearing when in fullscreen mode watching a movie. However, it's probably because I am using the windows-based driver, and not one from the vendor (nvidia).

http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl ... 03/0110248

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37396

Looks like nvidia is having issues with drivers for Vista, then again nvidia is having issues with drivers for apple also, so perhaps not a Vista only issue, but an issue.

Edit:
Nm,looks like its 8800 cards only, I wonder if this is perhaps the reason ATI hasn't released their new one also?

Many of the complaints came from owners of Nvidia's 8800 series of video cards and the customers feel misled about Vista and DirectX10 compatibility. Nvidia's forum administrators say the thread was locked because of flaming and several users were banned, but Nathan sees things differently.

Return to “win32/64”