WinXP Clear memory

Anything created by Bill Gates falls under this category. Having problems with your windows operating system? Here ya go.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck.

Kahuna Mas

WinXP Clear memory

Postby Kahuna Mas » Dec 6th, 2006 at 11:13 am

Saw this on Techeblog. I am no guru and wanted to know exactly what I was clearing before I go and create this shortcut.

Can anyone give insights?

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech ... #more-6058

Jahiliyya

Postby Jahiliyya » Dec 6th, 2006 at 6:08 pm

Another post on it here:

http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=4518

I've tried it and it had a very minimal effect on my system. I have widgets to montor my memory usage and they didn't go down. Maybe I didn't have many idle processes taking up memory.

Feedback on the techblog site seemed pretty positive so maybe other people have had better results.

::EDIT::: hhhhrmmm....didn't answer your question.....it clears out usless processes in your memory (aka RAM). It frees up resources that wouldn't otherwise be available.
There's a blip that hovers that city that can see thry anything, like x-ray, they can see everything you do. ~Keyser

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Dec 15th, 2006 at 4:27 am

The first link is to a video that isn't available anymore...So..going by the second link...
It's claimed to be a Bootvis-style optimization, the only thing Bootvis does IS optimize boot time.

If you want to do this, I would suggest actually using Bootvis, google it.
* Download and Run

* Select Trace

* Select Next Boot and Driver Trace

* A Trace Repetitions screen will appear, select Ok and Reboot

* Upon reboot, BootVis will automatically start, analyze and log your system’s boot process. When it’s done, in the menu go to Trace and select Optimize System

* Reboot.

* When your machine has rebooted wait until you see the Optimizing System box appear. Be patient and wait for the process to complete.

Bootvis actually has you reboot, and then does it's own scan of load files/times (boot process), and then has you reboot again to optimize the system (boot). It doesn't clear memory in any way.
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul

Return to “win32/64”