WP Session Issue

Anything directly related to the web-server can be discussed here - ranging from HTML coding, to the messageboard itself, etc.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck.

KillerClown

WP Session Issue

Postby KillerClown » Nov 18th, 2011 at 1:20 pm

As noted in the Blog thread there's something going on with WP sessions, I deleted the post from the Blog thread since I've added more info to it since I first posted.

(Ignore the modded header, was toying around with centering the image and resizing the background ;p)
(Also note: I am logged into the site/forums as myself, but WP always pops up showing Catharsys)
If I hover it and click log out I get an error message:
You were not logged out, as the request did not match your session. Please contact the board administrator if you continue to experience problems.

Edit: I did a tiny bit of looking around, seems likely to be a session/cache or database issue, not that that narrows it down a whole lot.
Edit2: I managed to get it fixed on my end. It's not a major issue, since I couldn't edit Cath's profile or anything like that (in fact that was how I fixed it, I clicked edit profile and was forced to login again), just had an invalid session hung up on my IP for whatever reason.....................................
Err scratch that, it's showing Catharsys again.....................................

As you can see here, on the home page, it does show me as logged in as myself, but as soon as I click any link and traverse pages it kicks me back to Catharsys.
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul

K2
Administrator

Re: WP Session Issue

Postby K2 » Nov 18th, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Yup. I have it right now also. I'll get around to fixing it this weekend if Catharsys doesnt beat me to it - it may be as simple as him logging and/or logging out on the WP side.

SaGe^KS

Postby SaGe^KS » Nov 22nd, 2011 at 5:47 pm

No wonder viewership of these forums is at an all time low... Insulting everyone calling them Catharsys :P
SaGe^KS

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Nov 24th, 2011 at 11:44 pm

Should be fixed now. Had to manually clear out the wp-united/wordpress cache. Lemme know if you're still seeing the wordpress status bar with Catharsys' name on it.

Return to “Web Server”