Personal Photo Galleries

Anything directly related to the web-server can be discussed here - ranging from HTML coding, to the messageboard itself, etc.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck.

K2
Administrator

Personal Photo Galleries

Postby K2 » Apr 12th, 2009 at 4:37 am

Personal photo gallery - everyone has access to one. Just go to your UCP stands for User Control Panel, link to it is up on the top left), find the gallery tab (last one on the right-bottom) and go to 'manage gallery'. You'll see a button to 'create gallery'. You can upload as many pics as ya want, and can create up to six sub galleries for sorting. Once created, you can link directly to any picture. There'll also be a new button under your profile name, looks like a camera (see mine for an example), this links directly to your personal gallery.

Pixel limits are 4096px high by 4096px wide - I can't see anyone exceeding those limits, but if you need those values changed, it's easy enough to do. Image types allowed are jpg/gif/png. Max file size is 8MB per image file. You also have the ability to mass-upload files - 10 at a time.

If you have any questions or issues with your personal gallery, post them here.

KillerClown

Re: Personal Photo Galleries

Postby KillerClown » Feb 6th, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Yeah how about change the image used for the "New Image" link, cause it's white & pink, and blue (mouseover)..and ghey....doesn't match the site.
Attachments
hfiu01.png
"NEWIMAGE"
hfiu01.png (161.82 KiB) Viewed 6049 times
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Feb 7th, 2010 at 2:45 pm

How bout you make me one that matches the rest?

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Feb 10th, 2010 at 6:12 pm

Is it 2 image files?
The source only shows <div class="upload-icon"> which doesn't tell me file names, and right clicking only gets me 1 image. I usually would start off with the 2 current images and use them as a base...

Edit: Oh weird, ok n/m what I said...

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Feb 10th, 2010 at 7:10 pm

I can send you a template to work off of, check your pm soon.

Technically it's one file, but the rollover image is below the normal one.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Feb 10th, 2010 at 7:23 pm

Here's a first attempt...
It's hard to match up fonts and glow widths with whats already there being that I didn't create them so I don't know what was used.
I had to use the text "Upload File" for size purposes, if you can think of a better way to word it that would fit let me know. :P

button_upload_image.gif
button_upload_image.gif (3.32 KiB) Viewed 6024 times

Edit: Yeah I saw it was one file, so i used the "Post Reply" image as a base, just had to edit out the text, which wasn't too bad.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Feb 10th, 2010 at 8:26 pm

That's great KC. Gonna nit-pick - can you make it just say 'upload' ?

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Feb 10th, 2010 at 9:42 pm

I was contemplating doing that actually, because the whole file/photo/image debate, but it is in the photo gallery, I figured it kind of defined itself to being an image. :P
Oh and make sure to test it out and be sure the letters are lined up, and that it just looks like it lightens a bit, and the line of course from the light reflection... :roll:
Attachments
button_upload_image2.gif
button_upload_image2.gif (3.17 KiB) Viewed 6021 times
Last edited by KillerClown on Feb 10th, 2010 at 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Feb 10th, 2010 at 9:44 pm

Awesome. Thanks man ;) Gonna implement this in just a few min. Be sure to clear your cache if you're using Firefox to make sure you see the changes.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Feb 10th, 2010 at 9:47 pm

Make sure you redownload, text alignment was off, I just deleted the attachment and reattached the fixed one.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Feb 10th, 2010 at 10:03 pm

Now a few other things that would be nice....
If there were buttons for 'Edit Album' & 'Create SubAlbum', and if those 3 links lined up side-to-side, with the search bar after them.
Also...trying to get TO the place where you upload photos is a BITCH, unless I'm just missing something. The only ways I see to it are either:
1) Go to UCP > Gallery Tab > Manage Personal Album (on left) > Click the "Go To" option for the specific album.
2) Find your click-able user name somewhere, click it, then find the text link that says "Show personal album of (User)"
If you click 'Photo Gallery' in the site links (or 'Gallery' in the board links) and then try clicking the "View Your Images" text link, it doesn't take you to your album, it instead performs a search function "search.php?search_id=egosearch" and just shows you the images with no options.

I also think that since your base link/a.link/v.link setup is white/green/white that those images, like the one I just made, should have green text on mouseover, but that is my personal opinion. :P

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Feb 10th, 2010 at 10:18 pm

I see it's up, it doesn't look bad, but I really don't like the whole "glowing" chars on mouseover, I think that just changing the text color from white to the sites green on mouseover would be sufficient (maybe the arrow changes to green too), on all of those images like that. You can also see the difference in the lettering on mine on the normal image, the base text is so much clearer/sharper, like the old images have a glow by default. And on higher resolutions (depending on screen size, that whole glow shit can blur it pretty bad. The actual button lighting up slightly more seem to be ok though.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Feb 10th, 2010 at 10:20 pm

OK your upload button is up. Looks good. Been wanting to change that FOREVER, but I'm no good at making gfx like that from scratch.

Now, to address your other ideas...

If you want to make an 'edit album' and 'create sub-album' button using the same format, go for it. I'm sure I could implement it.

1) and 2) - the fastest way to access your personal album is to go to the photo gallery, and underneath the gallery list is 'Gallery ‹ Users Personal Albums » Your Personal Album' - clicking on 'users personal albums' shows you a listing of all personal albums, and 'your personal album' takes you directly to yours. The way you described is another way, but that's more for settingup your personal album. There's also a lil camera icon underneath your user info next to each post you make - that's also a direct link to your personal gallery.

'View your images' works as intended - it searches the gallery for any photo you've ever uploaded, and displays them sorted by date (newest first).

I also think that since your base link/a.link/v.link setup is white/green/white that those images, like the one I just made, should have green text on mouseover, but that is my personal opinion.

I really like that idea :D The style I 'borrowed' these button images from is in several different colors, with green being one of them. I am sure I can whip up something along those lines. Or I may need your help with that as well. I'll let ya know.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Feb 10th, 2010 at 10:21 pm

KillerClown wrote:I see it's up, it doesn't look bad, but I really don't like the whole "glowing" chars on mouseover, I think that just changing the text color from white to the sites green on mouseover would be sufficient (maybe the arrow changes to green too), on all of those images like that. You can also see the difference in the lettering on mine on the normal image, the base text is so much clearer/sharper, like the old images have a glow by default. And on higher resolutions (depending on screen size, that whole glow shit can blur it pretty bad. The actual button lighting up slightly more seem to be ok though.

You posted again before I could get mine in :P Yeah I am going to look at a green onmouseover function.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Feb 10th, 2010 at 10:27 pm

lol
Attachments
button_upload_image_base.gif
button_upload_image_base.gif (1.93 KiB) Viewed 6017 times
button_upload_image3.gif
button_upload_image3.gif (2.25 KiB) Viewed 6017 times

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Feb 10th, 2010 at 10:36 pm

Hah shit :D If I were to send you the entire button gfx I have, you think you could give them the 'green' treatment?

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Feb 10th, 2010 at 10:37 pm

K2 wrote:OK your upload button is up. Looks good. Been wanting to change that FOREVER, but I'm no good at making gfx like that from scratch.

Now, to address your other ideas...

If you want to make an 'edit album' and 'create sub-album' button using the same format, go for it. I'm sure I could implement it.

1) and 2) - the fastest way to access your personal album is to go to the photo gallery, and underneath the gallery list is 'Gallery ‹ Users Personal Albums » Your Personal Album' - clicking on 'users personal albums' shows you a listing of all personal albums, and 'your personal album' takes you directly to yours. The way you described is another way, but that's more for settingup your personal album. There's also a lil camera icon underneath your user info next to each post you make - that's also a direct link to your personal gallery.

'View your images' works as intended - it searches the gallery for any photo you've ever uploaded, and displays them sorted by date (newest first).

I also think that since your base link/a.link/v.link setup is white/green/white that those images, like the one I just made, should have green text on mouseover, but that is my personal opinion.

I really like that idea :D The style I 'borrowed' these button images from is in several different colors, with green being one of them. I am sure I can whip up something along those lines. Or I may need your help with that as well. I'll let ya know.

The biggest issue is that if I were just to take the original images and use the top half to recolor to green for the bottom, the actual transition would be a pain because of the multiple shades of white/grey that create the glow effect on text, trying to match up colors etc isn't real easy, you pretty much have to do something like what i did, dumb down another button to a base and add you text yourself and change its colors. And that base image I uploaded got screwed up by GIF, it doesn't really look like it's supposed to.

Edit: Attached a PNG copy that's better quality, to use as a base, the image would still have to be a gif unless you changed the code that calls the image.
Attachments
button_upload_image_base.png
button_upload_image_base.png (2.26 KiB) Viewed 6014 times
button_create_album.gif
button_create_album.gif (2.25 KiB) Viewed 6014 times
button_edit_album.gif
button_edit_album.gif (2.11 KiB) Viewed 6014 times
Last edited by KillerClown on Feb 10th, 2010 at 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Feb 10th, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Couldnt you just adjust the hue of the entire image? That would preserve the glow yeah? Although what you did with the base/green example isnt bad.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Feb 10th, 2010 at 10:47 pm

Maybe, but I'm used to doing things a certain way, plus if you use the original you still leave the blurriness I think...I'll try a couple..

Always get stuck in the same loops...Whenever I try to colorize or adjust Hue etc, it always does the black and not the white, and the white is what I want to adjust lol.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Feb 10th, 2010 at 10:52 pm

OK. FYI - do it in .png format, the board can use either, and .png is better quality.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Feb 10th, 2010 at 11:01 pm

KC I just sent you another PM, attached are all of the HF buttons that could use some love.

Going to bed, thx again and I'll see ya tomorrow.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Feb 10th, 2010 at 11:16 pm

Yeah you can pack up the whole imageset and send it to me, so I can make sure I'm not missing any of these. I wish I knew what font/size they used on this originally...

I can't for the life of me get it to adjust the color of the text, it looks like I'd have to manually do it pixel by pixel. Here's a few I created from the base image though.

Looks like the smaller buttons are going to be the real pain in the ass though, because the text glow goes outside of the dark areas much more apparently than the others. Working on a test run of one of those atm.
Attachments
btn_topic_new.png
btn_topic_new.png (3.42 KiB) Viewed 6012 times
btn_topic_reply.png
btn_topic_reply.png (3.58 KiB) Viewed 6012 times

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Feb 11th, 2010 at 1:13 am

What I like the most is how none of these images have transparency, so half the icons on the page have black squares around them haha. :P
And I don't know how the hell the quote/edit buttons are looking like they do because they actually have white and black on the outside edges but it doesn't show on the forums, and again no transparency...

Also...if you go to your pvt msg area theres a 'Color Legend' thats background appears to be an image (I say that because it has black corners), I think it would be fine if you just changed it to the darker of the site's grays, the same color that surrounds that box.

colorlegend.png
colorlegend.png (9.72 KiB) Viewed 6012 times

Edit: Ahh I think I see, it must be using just a small solid colored image for the inside and then a corner images for the corners?
Well I think it would look better with one of the lighter of the grays then, but you'd probably have to mod the corner images to tone down the white into a gray and change the text color for the "Message Colours" text, also be nice if you change that to "Colors" without the 'u' and with a capital C.
Make it look like:
colorlegend-new.png
colorlegend-new.png (9.61 KiB) Viewed 6012 times

:P

This is this part of the source:

Code: Select all

<div class="cp-mini">

<div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>

<dl class="mini">
            <dt>Message colours</dt>

<dd class="pm-legend pm_marked_colour">Marked message</dd>

<dd class="pm-legend pm_replied_colour">Replied to message</dd>

<dd class="pm-legend pm_friend_colour">Message from friend</dd>

<dd class="pm-legend pm_foe_colour">Message from foe</dd>
Last edited by KillerClown on Feb 11th, 2010 at 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Feb 11th, 2010 at 1:54 am

Aight here's 3 samples, since the attachment limit is 3, I'll zip this all up and let you check and see how things look/make sure they work correctly.
Fine details can be adjusted easily, text/color alignment and things like that would be a bit more complicated.
btn_topic_locked.png
btn_topic_locked.png (2.92 KiB) Viewed 6008 times

icon_post_edit.png
icon_post_edit.png (1.79 KiB) Viewed 6009 times

icon_user_warn.png
icon_user_warn.png (680 Bytes) Viewed 6009 times

Edit: I keep seeing some black/dark gray border left sticking out around them, so I'm looking at lightening it a little.
Last edited by KillerClown on Feb 11th, 2010 at 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Feb 11th, 2010 at 2:00 am

I also used transparencies in these images, we'll see if that has an impact or not, since i can't exactly test this out in a real environment atm without a bunch of coding/changing files around, my site uses a standard template with just css modifications.

Attached the zip file here, also included in it are a few .psp files which i used for templates, since .psp maintains full image quality, the text blocks sit directly besides the double vertical dark lines to the right of the arrow thing, and 'CP-##-##' is the center-point of each of the text blocks, made it easier for alignment.
You should also add .7z to the allowed extensions list for attachments. :P

Edit: Oh and you will probably need to overwrite the ones I made before, if you put any up other than the upload button, which needs to be overwritten too, since I did all of them I found the best option for font/size etc and reworked alignments on everything.

Edit: Modded out the dark edges of the buttons that were showing black spots, rezipped files, reattached.
Attachments
HF Buttons.zip
(39.17 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Last edited by KillerClown on Feb 11th, 2010 at 3:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Web Server”