phpBB3 modifications log

Anything directly related to the web-server can be discussed here - ranging from HTML coding, to the messageboard itself, etc.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck.

K2
Administrator

Re: phpBB3 modifications log

Postby K2 » Sep 30th, 2010 at 12:14 am

Cool ;)

Correction on the sig steam display - it's not in your sig, but when someone looks at your profile.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Sep 30th, 2010 at 11:06 am

K2 wrote:Cool ;)

Correction on the sig steam display - it's not in your sig, but when someone looks at your profile.

Another correction is that it is not your steam "username" (well to me "username" references what you login with) it is your Steam ID (a.k.a. handle) (my Steam ID is KillerClown, my username is completely different). Based on the link used to get to your profile (ie. http://steamcommunity.com/id/killerclown ).
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Sep 30th, 2010 at 12:17 pm

KillerClown wrote:
K2 wrote:Cool ;)

Another correction is that it is not your steam "username" (well to me "username" references what you login with) it is your Steam ID (a.k.a. handle) (my Steam ID is KillerClown, my username is completely different). Based on the link used to get to your profile (ie. http://steamcommunity.com/id/killerclown ).

Yeah I think the proper term is actually your custom URL for Steam.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Sep 30th, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Maverick wrote:
KillerClown wrote:Another correction is that it is not your steam "username" (well to me "username" references what you login with) it is your Steam ID (a.k.a. handle) (my Steam ID is KillerClown, my username is completely different). Based on the link used to get to your profile (ie. http://steamcommunity.com/id/killerclown ).

Yeah I think the proper term is actually your custom URL for Steam.

Also that, but still got my point across. :P
I think both the /id/~ and STEAM_0:~ are both referenced as "Steam ID's" in one way or another. Though what we are probably reaching for with /id/~ is Steam Community ID. Anything but "username".. :P

Edit: *End PHPBB Mod Log Thread Hijack*

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Oct 2nd, 2010 at 10:45 pm

This is a really neat part of the steam plugin:
hf-steam.png
hf-steam.png (33.22 KiB) Viewed 9632 times

How it shows the little game-name image when you are in a game (I assume that probably only works for steam games).
Note: Shitty image, I haven't installed PSP in a while, using basic windows paint.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Oct 3rd, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Added new mod - Attendance Mod. It's a built-in registration module for events. This woulda come in real handy for the HF LAN parties we had in the past. Maybe I'll get to use this someday.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Nov 23rd, 2010 at 1:36 am

Attendance mod has been removed, it was causing too many issues with posting/editing.

Updated the board to 3.0.8.

Also updated the video bbcode script, you can link to videos from a lot more sites now. The current list of working sites are:

Code: Select all

twitvid.com, youtube.com, metacafe.com, dailymotion.com, facebook.com, veoh.com, gamespot.com, vidiac.com, megavideo.com, vimeo.com, funnyordie.com, rutube.ru, keepbusy.net, comedycentral.com, tu.tv, godtube.com, myvideo.de, espn.com, tm-tube.com, mpora.com, gamevideos.1up.com, liveleak.com, singsnap.com, xfire.com, wegame.com, mtvmusic.com, collegehumor.com, sevenload.com, southparkstudios.com, ustream.tv, mlssoccer.com, youku.com, tudou.com

Hulu, myspace, and break.com will not work according to the new script author.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Nov 23rd, 2010 at 7:54 pm

Now what's up with the Steam thing. :o

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Nov 23rd, 2010 at 8:16 pm

KillerClown wrote:Now what's up with the Steam thing. :o

From steampowered.com - External image embedding has been restored! Changes will take some time to propagate . So if your image is still not embedding, please give it a day or so. Thanks.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Nov 26th, 2010 at 2:47 pm

The mod author for the steam profile display has a fix for the new format, but I wont be able to implement it until I return home - I'm at the in-laws for turkey day weekend.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Nov 28th, 2010 at 8:45 pm

Steam profile badge fixed.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » May 16th, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Updated the ReIMG mod from 1.0.2 to 2.0.0 - the old version wasn't loading any images really much less re-sizing them. Posted images should display as they should now, with the option to zoom in/out depending on their original size. And per the intent, huge images will not break out of the forum borders.

EDIT - refresh your browser if you are still seeing a small lil spinning graphic instead of a picture.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » May 16th, 2011 at 7:00 pm

The Wordpress news posting backend has been upgraded for 2.9.2 to 3.1.2 out of necessity from recent database upgrades that my host performed. This doesn't really fall under phpBB3 mod updates, but because of this upgrade of Wordpress, I had to update some of the wp-united files so it'd play nice with Wordpress 3.x

As you may have noticed, some functionality like user integration between Wordpress and phpBB3 isn't exactly 100% now, as well as function_redeclare errors. If you get any errors, please let me know, but I think I have found and addressed most if not all of them.

If you get a 'no avatar' picture on the home page even though you know you're logged into the message board, login here as well - http://www.hardfought.org/wp-login.php - make sure to check the 'remember me' box. That should alleviate that minor issue.

Dunno when an official update for wp-united will be released for Wordpress 3.x, as the wp-united mod author has disappeared (again).

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » May 16th, 2011 at 7:55 pm

The Steam status display under your avatar that shows in posts has been fixed. Again.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » May 18th, 2011 at 11:49 am

Photo gallery updated to version 1.0.6

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Sep 2nd, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Updated the Steam status mod - if you had your steam id/number entered into your profile, you'll need to go into the user control panel and re-enter it.

The steam display behavior changed a few months ago, it's not displaying the same info it used to. The mod author is aware of it, steam made changes on their end which caused the change. A fix is reportedly in the works.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Sep 17th, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Fixed the Steam status mod - it now displays info like it did in the past.

Again, if you had your Steam ID listed in your user control panel, you'll need to re-enter it as the update I did at the beginning of the month wiped everything (database changes). If you need help getting your ID, go here - http://steamidfinder.com/ - the mod will take either your user nickname (k2_1971 is mine) or the long number ID format (7656119xxxxxxxxxx).

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Sep 19th, 2012 at 4:07 am

You should go in and switch the file names for the 2 Steam icons that mod adds (the ones that are below the username on posts, with the msn/aim/email/etc icons), since the hover one is black/white and the standard is color...will match better (rest of the icons are black/white standard and color on hover).

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Sep 19th, 2012 at 6:53 am

I'm aware of that, the mod author did 'em backwards. I need to install adobe again so I can fix that.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Sep 20th, 2012 at 3:10 pm

All you gotta do is swap the filenames. No need to use a paint program or anything like that. :P

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Sep 21st, 2012 at 1:17 pm

KC it's just one file. Lemme add it here so you can look at it. You have adobe installed still right? Maybe you can flip it.
Attachments
icon_contact_steam.gif
icon_contact_steam.gif (1.41 KiB) Viewed 7709 times

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Sep 25th, 2012 at 6:12 am

icon_contact_steam.gif
icon_contact_steam.gif (1.41 KiB) Viewed 7657 times

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Sep 25th, 2012 at 6:30 am

Thanks KC. I'm off to NY today, I'll fix this when I get back tomorrow.

EDIT - had some extra time before hitting the road. Fixed it. Be sure to clear your browsers cache or just refresh the page a couple times to see the fix.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Sep 28th, 2012 at 2:44 am

You think this would look better since the steam icon has never really had any color to it (outside of white/grey/black)?

icon_contact_steam.gif
icon_contact_steam.gif (1.42 KiB) Viewed 7631 times

Also, you can post the PM icon if you think it would look better if the "pm" was grey(faded)-normal/black(defined)-hovered. (i.e. split the image in half horizontally and reverse each side's state)

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Oct 1st, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Meh, I like the initial change ya made, I think it's fine. The PM icon is default, figure it's fine also.

Return to “Web Server”