Msgboard changes (Jan. 27th, 2008)

Anything directly related to the web-server can be discussed here - ranging from HTML coding, to the messageboard itself, etc.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck.

K2
Administrator

Msgboard changes (Jan. 27th, 2008)

Postby K2 » Jan 27th, 2008 at 10:33 am

Oh lets see... first off, I disabled a module in that ctracker script I installed ages ago. This module would cause way too many false positives when trying to do simple tasks, like sending a private msg, or uploading a picture, etc. I used to catch 'em one at a time as they came, but it's become obvious that I still havent caught em all, even after all this time. I wonder how many errors popped up for users that never said anything about them? Bleh. Anyways, ctracker shouldnt be an issue anymore, period. I'd uninstall it outright, but that would be a *chore*, and it's easier to just comment out a single line in phpBB2's include files.

Second - and this is a first in HF history :) Suck has been granted administrative permissions to the msgboard. So if a game admin needs to be added/deleted, or a message moved/edited, or to ban Derfel (again), he can do it without me having to be around. Now, let's see how long it takes Suck to fuck up the board, hah :P

Talk amongst yourselves...

Phoenix
Elite Member

Postby Phoenix » Jan 27th, 2008 at 11:16 am

/me runs for the hills
Former HF clan member, server admin, all around troll

"You don't do things right once-in-a-while. You do them right all the time."- Vince Lombardi

JayPhat
Elite Member

Re: Msgboard changes (Jan. 27th, 2008)

Postby JayPhat » Jan 27th, 2008 at 4:07 pm

K2 wrote: or to ban Derfel (again),

That won't be necessary. I'm going to Canada Friday to deal with that issue :D.

pyrox420
Elite Member

Postby pyrox420 » Jan 28th, 2008 at 12:55 pm

Ok, I'm scared because there are times when i

*Poof* - Post Deleted

Ahh shit.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here". - Jayne

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Feb 18th, 2008 at 8:51 am

Bleh. About this ctracker script - I found out that if i disabled it completely, it prevented new users from registering. So right now it's re-enabled fully, with debug mode turned on. That means if you get those fuckin ctracker has blocked your script bullshit msgs when trying to do simple tasks like editing a post or uploading a file, I can actually catch it, and fix it.

I've already fixed photo uploading and editing (hi pred!).

If I could remove the script, I would. It's embedded deep, and it's been too long since I installed it. Just one more reason to update to phpBB3, and yeah that WILL happen, just dunno when.

Return to “Web Server”