Game server monitors on main page

Anything directly related to the web-server can be discussed here - ranging from HTML coding, to the messageboard itself, etc.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck.

K2
Administrator

Game server monitors on main page

Postby K2 » Oct 22nd, 2007 at 4:33 pm

In case you're wondering what happened to 'em... my webhost, in its efforts to beef up security on their web servers, have locked all ports except those necessary for them to function. I sent in a trouble ticket to see if I could get some specific firewall rules made for our game server monitors, but it didnt pass. That's why you've been seeing the server query: non-responsive msgs lately.

Just as well, the script I use is made for php4 only, and when my webhost upgrades next month to php5 (finally!), they'd stop working anyways.

Now, I can keep using these scripts IF I can convert them over to php5, there's a workaround I can use. Anyone willing to take a look and see what they can do? (looks at pyrox :twisted: )
Attachments
hfquery.zip
(3.3 KiB) Downloaded 127 times

pyrox420
Elite Member

Postby pyrox420 » Oct 23rd, 2007 at 10:07 am

Script works fine in PHP5...
http://pyrox.homelinux.net/text.php

I'm guessing their blocking outgoing ports on the webserver? What firewall changes did they make?

Is there a way to host the script on the gameserver itself? And just load it up via an iframe on the homepage?

Or get a freaking better host....
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here". - Jayne

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Oct 23rd, 2007 at 1:05 pm

Weird, the query.php script said it was for php4 only. *shrug*

Yeah, I can run these offa one of the game servers and iframe it. Thx pyrox.

pyrox420
Elite Member

Postby pyrox420 » Nov 7th, 2007 at 5:43 pm

Or you could just use the gamemonitor thing from here...

http://www.game-monitor.com/GameServer/ ... _.html#top
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here". - Jayne

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Nov 7th, 2007 at 10:30 pm

Well, I got our own script to work finally as of the other night. To be able to use the game-monitor plugin without the game-monitor title and ads, you pay for a subscription, which I just did as well (its not much). You can use XML feeds, and it works for a shitload of titles, much more than just hl2-based games. I will probably switch to that soon.

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Nov 9th, 2007 at 9:22 am

K2 maybe take a look at the server monitors offered by ServerSpy.net?

http://www.serverspy.net/site/servermonitor.html

Just something I came across while surfing.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke

Return to “Web Server”