Games I'm looking forward to playing

Any games such as NetHack, Neverwinter Nights, DAoC, World of Warcraft, or any other role-playing or roguelike game can be talked about here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

Timmy

Games I'm looking forward to playing

Postby Timmy » Jul 17th, 2011 at 11:06 pm

Gonna toss this one here because a good bit of what I play is RPG, with other stuff mixed in if it looks good.

Dishonored: Awesomesauce +5, RPG/Adventure game from the people who made the thief games (all of which I loved) Deus Ex (another I loved) and Arx Fatalis (which had some great ideas boggled by low budget). Totally free form playing, with dozens of possible ways to complete missions. Magic that does interesting stuff not just hey fireball variant number 472!, Real stealth, and possibly the best ai potential ever. No lame ass triggered encounters (hey I stepped on a trigger point and 5 guys came outta the room I just tossed a dozen grenades in!), I've been wishing for Thief 4 forever, they finally heard me :)

Bioshock Infinite: loved both bioshock games, I have full faith in Irrational delivering another winner. Instead of underwater you're in a cloud city of sorts using ziplines for travel, RPG decisions that actually mean something not just gain good, or bad level crap that does nothing but change what you look like ( like EVERY bioware game lately).

Elder Scrolls V: Not totally set on this, especially after Oblivion, but from what I've read its moving in a good direction. More fluid combat, better skill gains, better looking and more diverse npcs. No word on if they'll stick with the lame world levels with you crap like in Oblivion (which made the best characters reverse min/maxed toons who never levelled).

Sants Row 3: Loved 1, loved 2 except for the crappy final boss battle with the helicoptor. I honestly can't see how anyone could pick GTA over Saints Row, driving is better in Saints, Shooting is better, vehicles are WAY better, side quests are better, weapons are better, the women are better looking, and the world itself is prettier :P

Far Cry 3: loved 1, 2 was meh, 3 looks like a return to 1's coolness. Add in stealth, and rpg elements (weapon skills, maybe more) and I'll be picking this one up, Far Cry 1 was one of the first shooters I played that let you attack targets in different ways without forcing you into chokepoints and obvious sniper bait situations.

Rage: Ids new game, looks good, and from all I've read they're definately trying to make up for Doom 3's cheesy lameness (ie: triggered encounter from behind the whole fuggin game). Looks like destructible environments and environment traps and such you can use to dispatch enemies, plus openess in at least some levels instead of linear tunneling that I despise in shooters.

Tim~

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Re: Games I'm looking forward to playing

Postby Best_predator » Jul 18th, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Other than Bioshock I don't see any of those games keeping my interest.
RPG don't capture me like they used to.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

sX
Elite Member

Postby sX » Jul 22nd, 2011 at 12:59 am

Left 4 Dead 3. Hopefully. Diablo III, also. Although the game looks like it wiped it's face with WoW's ass. Yeah, you know what I mean.
(o )^( o) Tetas.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Jul 22nd, 2011 at 9:19 am

Right now I dont have a computer that will play anything new, so it's AoE 2 and Nethack for me :)

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Jul 22nd, 2011 at 12:05 pm

sX wrote:Left 4 Dead 3. Hopefully. Diablo III, also. Although the game looks like it wiped it's face with WoW's ass. Yeah, you know what I mean.

L4D is just the same shit over and over also. :P

Only game I am looking forward to in any way is BF3, that really looks intense, some amazing graphics.
Other notable games coming:
Tera Online (I've been watching this game for almost 2 years now, still waiting)
SWTOR (sounds interesting, but getting into a beta for that won't be easy)

Short list, games are getting boring.
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul

sX
Elite Member

Postby sX » Jul 23rd, 2011 at 10:58 pm

BF3 looks awesome, but my POS gfx card right now can't even run BFBC2. I have a EVGA Geforce 250 GTS (512 version). I'm not willing to shell out 100+ for a new gfx card yet. I'd much rather buy me a new gun :)
(o )^( o) Tetas.

Return to “RPG/Fantasy Games”