nice

Any games such as NetHack, Neverwinter Nights, DAoC, World of Warcraft, or any other role-playing or roguelike game can be talked about here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

nice

Postby Best_predator » Aug 29th, 2009 at 5:35 am

Wow, check this shit out...

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/816935/bi ... 82109.html

This looks like a first MMO I'll ever be interested in. I think Bioware came through once again with the story line. Check out all the videos to get a sense of the game.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

K2
Administrator

Re: nice

Postby K2 » Aug 29th, 2009 at 10:36 am

Yeah that does look pretty cool.

JayPhat
Elite Member

Postby JayPhat » Aug 29th, 2009 at 11:59 am

Indeed. ALot better than some of the other crap thats out there.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Aug 29th, 2009 at 4:19 pm

Hey Pred, did they mention anything about the physics in the game? Like destructible environments, that kinda stuff?

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Aug 31st, 2009 at 2:07 am

K2 wrote:Hey Pred, did they mention anything about the physics in the game? Like destructible environments, that kinda stuff?

No, nothing with environment. They showed 4 classes, all were pretty good. Made me look at all classes equally instead of going straight for the lightsaber.
They showed battles mostly. Unique thing about this MMO is that the battle system closer resembles something like Mass Effect, with MMO elements.
They also made it so you play this MMO with other people through the story line(some quests I guess, no details) and both people will be able to effect the outcome.

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Sep 6th, 2009 at 5:53 pm

Looks interesting, might get me back into the mmo field, better time than the fail
SWG since Jedi will be much more common so a bunch of player Jedi wouldn't look wrong like SWG.

Hopefully they'll have a huge team working on crafting though, Bioware has been awful with crafting in their other games Neverwinter crafting was annoying as hell.

Tim~

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Sep 10th, 2009 at 8:10 pm

What was wrong with SWG? I never played it. In fact, I don't really care much for how the MMO aspect of this works out. I just wanna play the story.
Sneaky bastard...
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." ~ Goethe

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Sep 11th, 2009 at 1:08 am

SWG was a mess, it was totally unheroic with the typical mmo start of killing rats. I'm sure thats how all bounty hunters got their start..... You were restricted to one planet until I think like the third expansion/upgrade. Jedi were supposed to be rare and becoming one was some uber secret leading to hoarding of info, but then the Jedi weren't really much better than other characters, just got pretty light sabers... so the rareness and dificulty figuring out how to become one was totally not worth it.

Crafting was pretty decent though, with automated mining so you didn't have to click all damn day for ore and crap, you actually spent most of your time crafting.

Oh and hairdressing wasn't implimented at release which believe it or not created a pretty big fuss..... Hair fucking dressing.......

I was in the closed beta, did a review here years ago, even offered to send my beta cds to whoever wanted em, no one took me up on the offer....

Tim~

Best_predator
Banished to Siberia

Postby Best_predator » Sep 11th, 2009 at 2:46 am

Sounds horrid.
I think Kotor series were made on this "heroic" plot. From what I've seen so far Bioware comes through with making you feel like you're the shit in games.

lol @ hairdressing.

Return to “RPG/Fantasy Games”