AION Online

Any games such as NetHack, Neverwinter Nights, DAoC, World of Warcraft, or any other role-playing or roguelike game can be talked about here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

SaGe^KS

AION Online

Postby SaGe^KS » Jul 8th, 2009 at 11:36 pm

A couple of the other Net admins and I at work are Beta Testing AION online... was wondering if anyone has heard or did any of the beta weekends yet. We all plan on playing the game upon release because... god damn we are soooo tired of WoW.

Here's a link to the game

http://www.aiononline.com/us/

A good note to put on here is when they say Beta Weekend, Ya that's just Friday, Saturday, Sunday. My dumb ass d/l'd it on a Monday trying to play. Didn't work out so hot :P
SaGe^KS

Timmy

Re: AION Online

Postby Timmy » Jul 12th, 2009 at 1:12 am

Didn't appeal to me when I first read about it, the biggest selling point seems to be flight, which is already implimented in several other games. I'm wondering how they plan to make flying melee pvp possible, as in games such as Perfect World it's pretty close to impossible to melee unless you get a stun off to start the fight. 2 races and 4 classes seems pretty limited as well, NCSoft could use a hit with CoH getting worse every patch (according to a few forums), and Guild Wars being a lost cause, I just don't see Aion really bringing anything new or interesting to the plate.

Tim~

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Jul 16th, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Flight is a bit different than in any other game, imo. Actually seemed like a fairly decent game, from the betas I've played so far.
Generally, flight time is limited in most areas, so it's not like someone will fly above your head and nuke you to death without being able to be attacked at all.
I wouldn't really call these betas either, more like preview events, it's already a fully working game (and quite popular in it's origin), just needed to be converted to English.

June 19-21: Asmodian closed beta capped at level 10
July 3-5: Asmodian level cap increases
July 17-19: Abyss only with unrestricted flight and hopefully a lot of PvP
August 14-17: First open beta
August 19-23: Second open beta

That is the technically correct schedule.
As you can see, the major PvP beta is this weekend, should be interesting.
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul

SinneD

Postby SinneD » Jul 18th, 2009 at 11:54 pm

Been watching this game for a while, never got into beta, so i just went ahead and pre-ordered it on steam, downloading now as I type. With the pre-order it gives me access to the beta. I'll prob end up playing a priest as I always have in MMO's

SinneD

Postby SinneD » Jul 22nd, 2009 at 1:45 am

had a chance to play the beta over the weekend, tried out a priest since this is the typical class I play in MMO's, Cleric was fun, but to me the dps was lacking to be enjoyable for solo play, maybe I should try the Chanter, but I believe that class is more of a buffer than a healer.

Then I tried the Templar, tanking class of the game, had a lot of fun with this one, dps was a lot better than I thought it would be, and the damage mitigration made it possible to have almost 0 downtime. I will probably roll this class upon release.

Didn't have the chance to try out the Scout and Mage classes, I'll be testing those during the next beta period in 2 weeks.

SaGe^KS

Postby SaGe^KS » Jul 22nd, 2009 at 7:57 pm

KC i saw a character named Maes... was that you?
SaGe^KS

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Sep 10th, 2009 at 12:07 am

I would highly doubt it was, during closed betas I use other names.
I'm playing a chanter on Israphel for the open beta. Did go with Maestrok on that one heh.

SaGe^KS

Postby SaGe^KS » Sep 21st, 2009 at 8:47 pm

Not sure who all is playing Aion but if you do you can find me on Lumiel server name is Qibonesi
SaGe^KS

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Sep 22nd, 2009 at 11:07 pm

Playing on Israphel Maestrok/Caeseis/Xaeseis.

SaGe^KS

Postby SaGe^KS » Sep 22nd, 2009 at 11:47 pm

Elyos or Asmo? I rolled a Elyos alt there because of the Q on Lumiel
SaGe^KS

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Sep 23rd, 2009 at 3:15 pm

lol Asmo...played here during the beta, played asmo during CB1..so its pretty much what ive stuck with. Easier when you know where to go for quests and how to build mass quests and do them all at once.

SaGe^KS

Postby SaGe^KS » Sep 24th, 2009 at 12:08 pm

I switched to Asmo there. Wanted to roll a chanter anyways. You can find me as Qibonesi.
SaGe^KS

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Oct 17th, 2009 at 12:47 am

Lol I have a slew of characters...mains are Minnstrok/Xaeseis...alts are Maestrok, Minnstrom, some others...
Xaes is a 33 Chanter, Minn is my new SM.

Suck.
Benefactor

Postby Suck. » Oct 17th, 2009 at 7:44 am

Would that make Maxx your new BD?

-G.

SaGe^KS

Postby SaGe^KS » Feb 2nd, 2010 at 9:43 am

KC you still playing Aion? My legion died on Lumiel and never see you on Is.
SaGe^KS

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Feb 6th, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Aion is a dying game, it's too much work for 95% of the mmo population (kids), especially post-50. Just waiting for it to die off enough for ncsoft to push out Blade & Soul.

SaGe^KS

Postby SaGe^KS » Feb 7th, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Well I am going to trust your opinion KC and end my pay cycle. However I was thinking well damn I never been happy with an MMO since I left DAoC (I know I'm a sick puppy, but I loved that game). And since there are free Private DAoC servers out there, I'm going to give them a try. AE MID TO DEEP!
SaGe^KS

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Feb 11th, 2010 at 4:48 am

That really seems to be the only choice, I pretty much have felt the same way for a long time, no game seems to compare to DAoC in terms of holding my attention, I play stuff for a month or so and get bored now. Aion is just a huge pain in the ass, too much work for too little reward (when I consider the 'luck' factor to be so large).
I can't seem to bring myself to play DAoC now though, but I'd say my boredom in most games is due to the fact I don't like people, because most suck at gaming. :P So I don't really have many people to play with, and solo all the time gets boring fast.

Nad

Postby Nad » Feb 11th, 2010 at 11:26 am

Kc, you should come play DAoC on Uthgard. Game is free, server is free, and if you decide to quit you've lost nothing but time that you would have wasted on another game anyway. I've got an 11 skald, sage is leveling up a BD right behind me and I've got a buddy from EQ2 that is rolling a Shaman today. Come roll a zerker with us, for old time's sake :D
Hardfought Forum/Game Server Admin and all around board troll

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Feb 11th, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Haha nice, I'm pretty sure I already have chars on Uthgard, don't know what thy are though. Rather busy atm though not playing too much, working on a website to sell some stuff for a small co. here. I'll log into Uth and see sometime tonight.

SaGe^KS

Postby SaGe^KS » Feb 11th, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Nad is Gromann
I'm... Qibonesi (Shocking... i know)
SaGe^KS

Return to “RPG/Fantasy Games”