Temple of Elemental Evil redux

Any games such as NetHack, Neverwinter Nights, DAoC, World of Warcraft, or any other role-playing or roguelike game can be talked about here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

Timmy

Temple of Elemental Evil redux

Postby Timmy » Dec 31st, 2008 at 5:34 pm

I decided I wanted to play this game again, 2 patches corrected the game killing bugs and an independent group called Circle of Eight fix lots of "rules" errors and made some enhancements for it.

I made the mistake of buying it off NewEggs download service, the download version is borked and won't patch, so it's still got the game killing bugs (not able to loot, saves corrupt, game freezes after playing for a certain ammount of time). I wrote to Atari since the chicken shit bitches don't even have phone customer service but it'll be a week or more before they spit out some generic "this won't help you at all" message.

So...... I ordered me a CD off E-bay (what I shoulda done to start, but I dinna want to wait) and I goobered the order and ordered 3 copies (and yet still cheaper than the NewEgg download).

When it arrives obviously I'll have 2 extra copies, so if anyone actually reads this thread and wants one, let me know :)

Tim~

Mouser
Elite Member

Postby Mouser » Dec 31st, 2008 at 10:01 pm

Sure, I'll take one. :D

You like it so far?

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Jan 1st, 2009 at 4:15 am

I liked it when it came out, but the save file corruption killed my game twice so I gave up on it. Been looking for some fun older games to play and stumbled across the Circle of Eight site and read how the game has since been fixed.

I prefer the turn based combat to the chaos of other similar games like Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale (not that I didn't enjoy them as well).

Tim~

Return to “RPG/Fantasy Games”