Mass Effect

Any games such as NetHack, Neverwinter Nights, DAoC, World of Warcraft, or any other role-playing or roguelike game can be talked about here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

Keyser Soze
The Devil

Mass Effect

Postby Keyser Soze » Nov 18th, 2007 at 5:33 pm

Anyone looking forward to this game? Looks absolutely amazing. Good previews, comes out in just 2 days, definitely going to grab this.

On a side note, been playing a lot of Bioshock and Call Of Duty 4 lately too, I've been absorbed in in all these good games this Winter.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Nov 20th, 2007 at 7:08 pm

Picked up my preordered copy today, and apparently got one of the numerous bad copies of the game. It crashed during character creation, then again all of 15 seconds into the intro. I checked the net and there are already tons of posts about the game locking up on people, official reply from a Bioware person was "you may have gotten a bad disk, try returning it for a new copy".

I've had lots of problems with the 360, which I've lovingly retitled the "crashbox". Halo 3, Skate, Fear all ran without a hitch. Then the Godfather, Oblivion(ok this game crashes on everything), and now Mass Effect are unplayable.

Tim~

~who really, really would like to play Mass Effect......~

Maverick
Elite Member

Postby Maverick » Nov 20th, 2007 at 9:13 pm

Red Rings of Death are enough to convince me not to ever buy an Xbox360.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."
-Edmund Burke

corbin

Postby corbin » Nov 21st, 2007 at 2:32 pm

gotta love the penny-arcade :D

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Nov 21st, 2007 at 6:13 pm

Maverick wrote:Red Rings of Death are enough to convince me not to ever buy an Xbox360.

Funny you should mention that Mav, I removed the Hard drive and the disk and started my 360, the console screen froze as well. I called Microsoft's support center and the guy had me start it one more time with nothing attached just to make sure, and woohoo got the sexy red rings. Its about time considering I got one of the original released 360's, now I'm waiting 3-5 days for Microsoft to send me a box to ship it off to em so they can fix it. Free despite my being way past the warantee time since its a Red Ringer which is guaranteed fix by Microsoft for 3 years.

Tim~

~who pretty much only buys games for the 360 not released on the other 2 consoles~

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Nov 21st, 2007 at 9:16 pm

That penny arcade thing is pretty funny, esp the elevtor one... I can just imagine lol ;)

Timmy - how oh how did we lose you to the console? :(

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Nov 22nd, 2007 at 1:46 am

Xbox fun aside, Consoles are generally more stable. I had to play COD4 in safe mode and still had several black screen reboots. That and game variety, lotta console games never hit the PC.

Tim~

Return to “RPG/Fantasy Games”