Blue Dragon

Any games such as NetHack, Neverwinter Nights, DAoC, World of Warcraft, or any other role-playing or roguelike game can be talked about here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

Timmy

Blue Dragon

Postby Timmy » Sep 4th, 2007 at 11:02 pm

got this one for the 360, very pretty to look at, but to me just seems very meh....

It has some "innovations" but nothing really special, it's pretty much a standard japanese RPG, set characters (although you can change their "class"), 5 person party but you start with 3, typical gotta save the world story. Again it's totally pretty to look at but the "shadows" are just a different look for your attack (you can't not use em once you have em). Pretty much any bump in the game (rock, tree, tree stump, box, etc...) can be searched for loot so you spend way too much time searching every little object making the not too big zones seem real big. I can't speak for even mid-game content but my group of 3 is up to 9/12th level (shadows level faster than the mains) and I'm not really drawn to play it at all.

If you like old school japanese RPGs this one is for you, if you want more freedom or innovation then pass this one up.

Tim~

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Sep 16th, 2007 at 12:02 pm

Why are there no RPG's where the intent is to destroy the world? Why are we always asked to save it?
I really need to change this sig

Return to “RPG/Fantasy Games”