LOTR Online

Any games such as NetHack, Neverwinter Nights, DAoC, World of Warcraft, or any other role-playing or roguelike game can be talked about here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » May 16th, 2007 at 12:00 am

Pre-nerf Minstrels were the second strongest class in the game. lol
During early b2 I solo'd and would watch minstrels soloing and taking just slightly longer than me to kill the same lvl mobs.
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul

Timmy

Postby Timmy » May 25th, 2007 at 12:50 pm

They've definately been weakened, at 29th level I can take a yellow con critter but its a loooong ass fight .

Apparently Champion is the class of choice for morons, they get a Minstrel in their group and they think they can rush 4 higher level elites....... why didn't you heal me?

My favorite setup is Minstrel/Hunter nothing ever gets near you, traps, fear, and tons of ranged damage.

T~

Timmy

Postby Timmy » May 26th, 2007 at 12:38 am

Did my first GM event tonight, an invasion. I was part of a 23 person party (raiding party even though we were defending). I was the only healer, fricken intense watching 22 health bars while trying to stay out of the sight of the invading critters (most of which were 10+ levels higher than me). No one in my small army died, and I ended up rezzing a few from another group. I love the customization you can do, skills wise everyone pretty much has access to the same thing, but you can tailor you're character much differently with trait selection and equipment. My Minstrel is all about Will, makes his spells more effective and gives me lots of mana, the tradeoff is I'm near useless in melee (moreso than other minstrels) and don't have alot of health. So far it works great as long as I don't draw aggro, or have a smart "bodyguard".

T~

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » May 27th, 2007 at 1:37 pm

Isn't white about same level, and yellow higher? You shouldn't really be fighting yellows either way iirc. :P

Timmy

Postby Timmy » May 28th, 2007 at 3:42 pm

White is equal, Yellow is I think up to 2 levels higher. Everyone fights yellow mobs, just the Minstrel is the worst at it. Champs and Captains blow right through em, Guardians can make short work if they get blocks/parries. Burglars are probably the best, they don't kill as fast as a Champ but they don't take much damage with all the evades. Hunters if well equiped don't even get touched, Lore Masters are similar, as long as they let their pet take the aggro. At 32nd level now, even light blue/green mobs take a bit for my Minstrel to kill. I mostly just work on crafting or harvesting ore until I can get a group (heavier group to solo quest ration at the higher levels). Fortunately my Kinship has a solid core and I can pretty much count on them to do any quest with me (and vice versa). Lots of the Kinships seem to be just about getting members (I've seen posts bitching that a 500 member cap is too low), and I always see them alone, never in groups.

Tim~

Beware the ubercows of Middle Earth!

SinneD

Postby SinneD » Jul 20th, 2007 at 12:17 pm

anyone still play? i just got the game, have a few level 10's of each class and decided to level my champion up first, Level 28 champion on Brandywine. So far the game seems pretty fun, leveling is fairly easy, and questing Orange con non fellowship quest are fairly simple with the champion.

I havn't tried out the PvMP stuff out yet, I think you have to go to Ettenmores to do that but I dont even know how to get there lol.

I'm trying to get to 40 by Sunday, so I can join my Kinship on our first raid, but I doubt ill make it lol.

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Jul 22nd, 2007 at 2:55 am

Actually there is a portal in along the western side of BreeTown, that is red, that starts PvMP. Almost in the SW corner of town iirc.

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Jul 22nd, 2007 at 10:36 am

Thats if you want to be a monster KC, if you want to PvMP as your man/dwarf/elf/hobbit character you need to be at least 40th level to travel to the ettinmoors (I'd not reccomend going until 45 myself).

I play on Elendilmir.

44 Guardian
40 Minstrel
32 Burglar
29 Hunter

The monster play needs some work, basic monster even being level 50 is no match for a non-monster character, a level 50 non-monster can usually take 3-4 new monsters, nad since the only way to power up the monster is to roam the ettinmoors and get cheesed, it's basically a one sided event.

Tim~

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Aug 25th, 2007 at 7:08 pm

The game has taken a serious turn for the worse (worst?). They keep touting the playability for the casual player yet all the new content is pure grind (crafting is more laborious, new rep quests are mindless grinds, more raids, etc). I'm no longer playing, don't know if I want to sell my account, pass it off to a guildie or just let it die. Typical nerfs abound, and they try to downplay them as minor tweaks (like Burglars debuff "counter defense" it went from a 30 second total reduction of defense which everyone knew was overpowered to the now 5% defense reduction which is so underpowered its basically unused now). Hunter traits have all been tweaked making them slower to power up, but hey they have another big dps attack, so now they do more damage, but slower and still no self heal of any sort (the weakness at melee range plus no self heal makes them the favored target in PVMP).

Tim~

Return to “RPG/Fantasy Games”