Anyone played Diablo 3 AKA Titan Quest yet?

Any games such as NetHack, Neverwinter Nights, DAoC, World of Warcraft, or any other role-playing or roguelike game can be talked about here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

MeMGhost

Anyone played Diablo 3 AKA Titan Quest yet?

Postby MeMGhost » Sep 14th, 2006 at 8:41 pm

I picked up this game and although it's almost a clone of the diablo series set in greek mythology... it really is fun back to the old hack and slash games. I'm thinking of playing online I think I've reached about the midway point of the actual game in a week (about 10-14 hours gametime) although I really don't know I haven't studied the site or game or even read the book... it's so much like diablo I mean item color sets everything :)

It does have some interesting classes and dual class options but no real new ideas as far as spells, abilities, skills and all that goes. I think it's just cool because it's like diablo and has some neat stuff and the graphics kick butt (rolled a warrior type first of course and if I go into a battle rage I can literraly swing at an archer and knock them up a cliff and watch them roll down dead they really fly)

MeM

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Sep 14th, 2006 at 10:40 pm

I have a friend who loves it. But he has such poor taste in games/movies/music, I have refused to actually try it. I did watch him play, and it doesn't seem too bad. But many games these days reveal their flaws only after you start to get into them.
I've been deleted!!

KillerClown

Postby KillerClown » Oct 10th, 2006 at 9:47 am

I snagged this about a month ago and played the crap out of it. One bad thing being, after 3 days playing I was already up to legendary mode. I did play a bit more than the normal person those 3 days, but yeah.

Another downside I found was in the actual abilities...
I made a warrior-type character, and I spec'd in only like 4 things and just concentrated my points in them, and I was really just raping most everything in sight. At level 10, I tore a level 20 mob down like it was nothing, though it was red to me.

Overall pretty fun game though.
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul

Return to “RPG/Fantasy Games”