Naxx

Any games such as NetHack, Neverwinter Nights, DAoC, World of Warcraft, or any other role-playing or roguelike game can be talked about here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

Relic

Naxx

Postby Relic » Aug 28th, 2006 at 1:36 pm

Anyone into Naxx yet? WE are stuck on Patchwerk atm.

-Relic

YOU CLICK DRAGON

Blaze

Postby Blaze » Aug 29th, 2006 at 12:28 am

We've gone in a few times. Killed Razuvious and tried anub'rhekan. Hopefully kill him this week :0 .

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Aug 29th, 2006 at 12:43 am

Eh?

SinneD

Postby SinneD » Aug 29th, 2006 at 1:37 am

me and Brothaman's guild have Instructor Razuvious on farm, havnt tried anyone else except for Anub on our first night in Naxx. still currently working in AQ40, downed Twin Emps for the first time last week, now working on C'thun, getting hit for 4mil damage feels pretty good.

http://www.aionguild.com/

Glimmerman

Postby Glimmerman » Aug 29th, 2006 at 2:14 am

My guild's cleared the Abom wing, Spider wing, Instructor, Noth, and Heigen.

Gonna get started on Gothik this reset hopefully since patch has fucked our server up bad lagwise.

GL with Patchwerk, he's not that hard with the right raid setup.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Aug 29th, 2006 at 2:16 am

... eh? :?

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Aug 29th, 2006 at 2:53 am

L2 wow, k2...
I've been deleted!!

Glimmerman

Postby Glimmerman » Aug 30th, 2006 at 3:23 am

GameOver wrote:L2 wow, k2...

WORLD OF WARCRAFT

Relic

Postby Relic » Aug 30th, 2006 at 8:34 am

WE have cthun on farm. On Patchwerk we have 4 tanks taking a beating with healing crews making sure we get topped off in the 2.4 secs before another Hateful Strike. Hits me for about 7k and I'm in full wrath with a stonshield pot.

I got a: http://www.thottbot.com/?i=53742

Off Faerlina to replace my Quel. Incredible for tanking and a nice offhand for a fury warrior. I highy recommend!

YOU CLICK DRAGON

Glimmerman

Postby Glimmerman » Aug 30th, 2006 at 9:37 pm

We usually have 3 tanks, one MT and the two others taking the hateful strikes. We also use a imp loh rotation on him.

And we've gotten like 3 or 4 tanking swords off Faerlina, wtb healing hammer :|

CyberPitz
Elite Member

Postby CyberPitz » Aug 31st, 2006 at 8:07 pm

WoW sucks, play BF2.

Blaze

Postby Blaze » Aug 31st, 2006 at 10:57 pm

Killed Anub'Rhekan last night.

Hopefully more kills to come this week and next :D

Deleted User
*poof*

Postby Deleted User » Sep 1st, 2006 at 2:21 pm

spent last night wiping on anub, not sure why our tank keeps dying but he does... = \
I've been deleted!!

Glimmerman

Postby Glimmerman » Sep 1st, 2006 at 6:19 pm

these are a couple of vids that a warrior in my guild made of our first kills

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=23720

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=26257

Relic

Postby Relic » Sep 3rd, 2006 at 10:04 pm

How many tries did it take you on Patchwerk? Is our gear that bad? we havent had a consistent attempt yet, lowest we have gotten him is to 22%.

This fight is GAY. Please advise Glimm!

-Relic

YOU CLICK DRAGON

Mouser
Elite Member

Postby Mouser » Sep 4th, 2006 at 2:55 am

It's armor check. Fuck Naxx. All about the GM grind.

Glimmerman

Postby Glimmerman » Sep 4th, 2006 at 5:33 pm

Relic wrote:How many tries did it take you on Patchwerk? Is our gear that bad? we havent had a consistent attempt yet, lowest we have gotten him is to 22%.

This fight is GAY. Please advise Glimm!

-Relic

Well we definitely had probs our first night of Patch, and we definitely thought it was a gear check but it turned out just to be a healer spec check. Priest's inspiration and an Improved LOH rotation on the 2 tanks getting the hateful strikes helped us out big time. All our Melee dps pots with whatever we can and we use spellpower flasks on most of our casters.

What we did to make sure that our healers were on check was to make sure we could at least get Patchwerk down to 60% without using any consumables save for titans on the tanks, by that time the healers usually go oom and we know we're good to try it for real.

Healers down mana pots as soon as they're up as well. The tanks pretty much use every consumable possible to increase armor and hp, and chug stoneshield potions like healers use mana pots. Like I said we usually stack priests and our first attempt had 6 pallies for 3 LOH rotations once he got to 60%.

If you guys can't get him down before he enrages then it's definitely a DPS problem and at that point we should use a dps meter (SW Stats preferrably since its more accurate) and start replacing the lower dps classes.

Just let me know what seems to be stopping you guys from having consistant attempts and I'll try to help you fill in the gaps.

Relic

Postby Relic » Sep 7th, 2006 at 1:53 pm

Patchwerk down. Grobbulus down. Gluth is next...

WE completely over-thought this one. We were writing scripts, macro's tried damage meters etc. etc. Finally we just opened up with straight spam heals and DPS and won.
4 protection tanks, stoneshield pots and mana pots is all there is to this fight.

Heh, gg Blizz.

-Relic

YOU CLICK DRAGON

Glimmerman

Postby Glimmerman » Sep 8th, 2006 at 12:06 am

grats, good luck on thaddius :D

Relic

Postby Relic » Sep 26th, 2006 at 8:48 am

WE have had Gluth on farm status past 3 weeks have yet to attempt Thaddius, any pointers are much appreciated Glimm!

Oh and I got my CUM sunday nite....

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=53896

-Relic

YOU CLICK DRAGON

Glimmerman

Postby Glimmerman » Oct 4th, 2006 at 2:08 pm

Heh Grats on the CUM, I've had my Severence for awhile now :D

How's Thaddius been so far? I realy hated the fight before they upgraded our server because one person lagging can really fuck up an attempt.

Relic

Postby Relic » Oct 9th, 2006 at 11:03 am

Were still working on Thaddius. Our luck with weapons has been horrid. We have one warrior who still uses a Drake Talon Cleaver because he is waiting on Severance or C'thuns axe. AS a guild we have 2 Ashkandi's, one Cthun axe and my CUM. Here's my PvP gear btw:

http://ctprofiles.net/3950673

We have 3 Wraithblades, but never got a Eye off Rag. Our weapon luck is horrid! :/

-Relic

YOU CLICK DRAGON

Blaze

Postby Blaze » Oct 10th, 2006 at 5:46 pm

My guild is pretty much dying so we havn't done anything in Naxx recently :\ .

Our weapon luck is ok, I have a decent amount of weapons anyway.

My PvE gear: http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?294545

Just switch in some stamina gear and a HoR and it's decent for PvP.

Camyen
Fresh Meat

Postby Camyen » Oct 20th, 2006 at 7:18 pm

Hey Relic =)

I am one of the proud officers of Vesper Ortus on the DoomHammer server. My name there is Mathoran.

Anyhow, we have Razuvious, Anub, Faerlina, and Noth all on farm. We've spent one night of wipes on Maexxna. We have never attempted Twin Emperors. The problem is that we only raid 3 times a week, 3 hours a night, and with BWL being one of those nights that only left two others. We decided to spend them in Naxx instead of continuing in AQ40. Last Saturday, we ran our last BWL raid and I believe we'll be spending the extra night in AQ40.

Our problem has been that we only have about 45 active raiders total in the guild. Raiding is not required but we pretty much rely on most everyone showing up. However, with news from the expansion that all of our items will not be needed to do level 70 raids...the eagerness from some people has waned a bit.

There's also been the problem with switching to 25 man raids after the expansion. We have been very open about it and everyone pretty much agrees that a friendly guild split will be the best course of action. We have some people who are quite casual (to me, 9 hours a week is very casual...we have people that *only* play during raids) and others, like myself and Miklen, that have the option of playing a ton.

So, I'm not sure what I'm doing after the expansion. I haven't ruled out any options as of yet, including staying with my current guild, breaking off and forming another, or just joining another guild entirely.

Oh yea, I'm a priest, Miklen is a mage =)

And, dammit, I've been wanting to play CS again which made me think of Hardfought which brought me to the boards ;) I see K2 has put up another CS:S server. Hell, maybe I'll download it again and play a little. I'm sad to see the HF clan having problems. Honestly, I feel I burned out on CS:S when I joined the clan. I just didn't fit in, didn't belong, and for me it took the game to a level I had no desire to be in. I miss the old CS days on Hardfought.

Miracl3

Postby Miracl3 » Oct 20th, 2006 at 7:35 pm

K2 wrote:Eh?

wow its wow keith

Return to “RPG/Fantasy Games”