Naxx

Any games such as NetHack, Neverwinter Nights, DAoC, World of Warcraft, or any other role-playing or roguelike game can be talked about here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Oct 20th, 2006 at 9:32 pm

Camyen wrote:And, dammit, I've been wanting to play CS again which made me think of Hardfought which brought me to the boards ;) I see K2 has put up another CS:S server. Hell, maybe I'll download it again and play a little. I'm sad to see the HF clan having problems. Honestly, I feel I burned out on CS:S when I joined the clan. I just didn't fit in, didn't belong, and for me it took the game to a level I had no desire to be in. I miss the old CS days on Hardfought.

Heya Cam :P

Yeah the CSS server is still up, but it's not nearly as popular as it once was. Once TF2 comes out, we'll see how it does, and at that point I'll decide whether to retire CSS for good or not at that point.

Quite a few of us here are lookin forward to Warhammer Online - we may even revitalize the HF guild from DAoC days and get it goin for WH online. Do you and Miklen have any thoughts about that title, or do ya think you'll stick with WoW?

Camyen
Fresh Meat

Postby Camyen » Oct 20th, 2006 at 9:55 pm

We're pretty excited about the WoW expansion so our current plan is to stick with that. I think it is a fantasic game and I have never stuck with a game as long as this one.

That being said, I spend a lot of time gaming, and I could see spending some of it playing WHO, especially if it was with you guys. I've heard good things about the game although I haven't read much. I'll have to visit their site to get more info.

Miklen
grrr

Postby Miklen » Oct 20th, 2006 at 10:17 pm

I haven't heard anything much about Warhammer Online, though I've been obsessed with reading the beta WoW boards recently.

I'd be willing to try it out, but you aren't pulling me away from WoW as my main focus anytime soon. =)

edit: Also, I see that my messageboard account survived the cut while Cam's was deleted. mwahaha. I win!

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Oct 20th, 2006 at 10:45 pm

Yeah... hindsight being 20/20, there were several accounts I wouldnt have cut. Most yeah, but not a few. You'll notice that the posts still exist, but they're all consolidated under the account 'deleted user' ;)

WHO is being made by the same ppl that did DAoC, and you'll notice when ya research the game that PvP/RvR is going to be a huge part of the game - in fact they're taking it in some directions that should make the whole PvP/RvR experience very enjoyable.

Also add in collision detection (finally!), and support for the Ageia PhysX PPU, among other things - this will probably be the first MMO I try my hand at again since DAoC.

Miracl3

Postby Miracl3 » Oct 20th, 2006 at 11:05 pm

will it be pay per month or free after u buy the game?

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Oct 20th, 2006 at 11:08 pm

Almost all MMO's are pay-per-month to play (WHO will be for sure).

ParanoiaX

Postby ParanoiaX » Jan 5th, 2007 at 7:15 pm

SinneD wrote:me and Brothaman's guild have Instructor Razuvious on farm, havnt tried anyone else except for Anub on our first night in Naxx. still currently working in AQ40, downed Twin Emps for the first time last week, now working on C'thun, getting hit for 4mil damage feels pretty good.

http://www.aionguild.com/

RIP Aion :cry:

SinneD

Postby SinneD » Jan 5th, 2007 at 7:44 pm

ParanoiaX wrote:
SinneD wrote:me and Brothaman's guild have Instructor Razuvious on farm, havnt tried anyone else except for Anub on our first night in Naxx. still currently working in AQ40, downed Twin Emps for the first time last week, now working on C'thun, getting hit for 4mil damage feels pretty good.

http://www.aionguild.com/

RIP Aion :cry:

yes RIP Aion :cry:

Para i heard about why you got kicked from Vanquish lol good stuff. What are your plans for BC?

ParanoiaX

Postby ParanoiaX » Jan 5th, 2007 at 8:06 pm

I uninstalled and cancelled. Something I should have done a long time ago. :(

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Jan 6th, 2007 at 4:04 pm

Details!! :P

ParanoiaX

Postby ParanoiaX » Jan 6th, 2007 at 6:28 pm

details eh?

well first off lets start with some epeen strokeage. http://ctprofiles.net/97561

anyways one night were in Naxx and I got pissed we were doing farm content instead of working on 4 horseman (our best attempt was 2 of the 4 down) so I leave the raid and log off. come back to find ive been kicked from the guild. a little background for those of you who dont play WoW: blizzard is releasing an expansion next week that raises the level cap to 70 from 60 effectively resetting the entire game and destroying everything Ive worked to build up. everything about this expansion says we like casuals more than raiders which pisses me off to no end. so as I contemplate my options I realize this is about the only chance Ill ever have to break the addiction (yes wow most defintely is an addiction) and decide that if im ever going to get my life back together this is the time to do it. So I sent all my gold to my firends, canceled my account, and deleted WoW off my computer.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Jan 6th, 2007 at 8:59 pm

Yeah I know how ya feel. When I quit DAoC for good (I tried a lil comeback there for a few days, didnt work out), there was this void for about 3-4 days, but then after that, was *relief*

I have said this before - if MMO makers would just get rid of a level cap altogether... *sigh* oh dont get me started.

So... you gonna play WHO when it comes out or what? :lol:

Jeng
Elite Member

Postby Jeng » Jan 7th, 2007 at 2:50 pm

The only reason I have been off of Everquest is that I found a new game. Its the lovely game of Tech Support, the quests are intriguing and the rewards are beer money. Currently playing it bout 20 hours a week, which is bout half of how much I would play EQ a week.
I really need to change this sig

Relic

Postby Relic » Jan 9th, 2007 at 1:34 pm

You should ebay your toon.

-Relic

YOU CLICK DRAGON

ParanoiaX

Postby ParanoiaX » Jan 9th, 2007 at 10:21 pm

Well theres several reasons thats not going to happen. first off as i mentioned the xpac is days away meaning that my toon will no longer have the best gear possible making it nearly worthless on the ebay market. second theres a special place in hell reserved for ebayers. Ive had way too many people earn our trust, take our gear, and then go off and ebay. besides some day when i get more control over my life I may want to come back and play a bit.

Sandbox

Postby Sandbox » Jan 16th, 2007 at 6:20 am

K2 wrote:I have said this before - if MMO makers would just get rid of a level cap altogether...

eve online

Return to “RPG/Fantasy Games”