Dungeon & Dragons Online Beta test

Any games such as NetHack, Neverwinter Nights, DAoC, World of Warcraft, or any other role-playing or roguelike game can be talked about here.

Moderators: EatMoreLead, Suck., Timmy

K2
Administrator

Dungeon & Dragons Online Beta test

Postby K2 » Nov 3rd, 2005 at 5:48 pm

Bwahah... got this in an email today:

Thank you for applying for the Dungeons & Dragons(r) Online: Stormreach(tm) Beta. We are pleased to invite you to join us in this phase of the game's development....

I filled out the beta form months ago, almost forgot about it. Anyways, I'll let ya all know how the beta goes... err wait...

Please remember that the Beta Program is STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL. Once you have accepted the Preview Agreement and NDA, you are not allowed to divulge any information about your experiences to anyone without Turbine’s explicit consent.

Hrm. Well. I guess we'll see about that :twisted:

I'll keep ya'll posted. Maybe, hahahah :lol:

Mouser
Elite Member

Postby Mouser » Nov 3rd, 2005 at 6:06 pm

Meh too. I shit myself when I got it last night. Played a little bit last night (Elf Ranger) and it looks amazing. I was actually surprised just how detailed it got into character creation...was really like rolling a charcter in pnp except there's no dice :(. It's still much better than the cookie cutter systems of other MMOs...ie choose class and that's it.

Catalyst22
Elite Member

Postby Catalyst22 » Nov 3rd, 2005 at 8:28 pm

If they manage to make it like the pen and paper version with animation I'll prob get into it. If its "City of Heroes" quality then I'll give it a miss.
“When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When neither is on your side, change the subject and question the motives of the opposition.â€

WidowMaker
Benefactor

Postby WidowMaker » Nov 3rd, 2005 at 8:38 pm

so how is it so far? I have heard initial negative comments, implying the game is horribly broken/unfinished at this point, and shouldn't really even be in beta.

-Wid
- The AWP god formerly known as 'WidowMaker' [Retired]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-Game Designer
-Retro Studios - www.retrostudios.com
-If the next Metroid sucks, you will know who to blame.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Nov 3rd, 2005 at 9:11 pm

I just finished the download, about to install it. I did a quick look thru the closed beta forums tho - lots of ppl bitchin about the gfx quality, especially concerning PC's.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Nov 3rd, 2005 at 11:02 pm

K2's initial assessment - I'm not impressed.

ParanoiaX

Postby ParanoiaX » Nov 3rd, 2005 at 11:58 pm

*quick runs to check his email*

bah nothing yet. :cry:
I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.

Timmy

Postby Timmy » Nov 4th, 2005 at 7:57 am

It had to suck, WOTC has done nothing but ruin the game since they bought TSR. C'mon, Turbine? Does anyone play Asheron's Call?

Tim~

Teufel

Postby Teufel » Nov 4th, 2005 at 8:56 am

WidowMaker wrote:so how is it so far? I have heard initial negative comments, implying the game is horribly broken/unfinished at this point, and shouldn't really even be in beta.

-Wid

I was accepted awhile back ago. I stopped trying to test it because i couldnt have fun while playing.(also just didnt have the time) I did not like the entire setup. Soon as i get my new system i will probably load it up again and see if it is actually enjoyable to play yet, if it is. Then i have no problems actually reporting bugs etc and doing testing.

I'd have to aggree with the comments you heard wid.
-----------------------------------
The things you own.
End up owning you.

Shade
Elite Member

Postby Shade » Nov 4th, 2005 at 11:41 am

Ive got the beta also. Its like a ripoff of that game Vampires.
Yawn
ClanKiller | Shade

Return to “RPG/Fantasy Games”