Cryptocurrency section

Discussion about digital currencies (Bitcoin and other alternatives), creating, trading markets, mining pools - all can be discussed here.

Moderator: ArcticWolfie

K2
Administrator

Cryptocurrency section

Postby K2 » Feb 20th, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Welcome to our newest forum - anything and everything having to do with cryptocurrency. Bitcoin, other alternate coins, mining pools, hardware/software for mining, trading and exchanges for digital currency... all of that can be discussed here.

Mining pools - ArcticWolfie (who is a moderator here and in our chat room) has a couple mining pools available for use. They are:

Both servers are located in Paris. If you need any help or have any questions concerning these pools, find us in chat or post your question here.

I'll have a mining pool up and running as well, shooting for the first week or March, pending a successful test run. See here for details as they become available.
Last edited by K2 on Feb 25th, 2014 at 6:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Added BEN pool

TheBackRoads
Fresh Meat

Re: Cryptocurrency section

Postby TheBackRoads » Feb 21st, 2014 at 12:23 pm

Awesome! Can't wait to hear more about the pools. :D

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Feb 23rd, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Just added Wolfie's CTM pool info up top :)

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Feb 25th, 2014 at 6:17 pm

New Benjamins coin pool info is up, original post.

sonfromhell
Fresh Meat

Postby sonfromhell » Apr 14th, 2016 at 6:13 pm

Been a while since anyone said anything here about anything Crypto. Figured I would pop in and say something creative, but well I drew a blank. A few of us still have machines running and mining away. Not much going on in the Crypto world really except all the hub bub over Ethereum coin. Looked promising for few of us but it was to taxing on cards to be beneficial. Bitcoin itself is holding somewhat steady with its pricing as is LTC. Would be great to see them both shoot up in price, but not likely until all the mainstream agencies start to accept them. Had hoped with the FinCen stuff in new York and the regulatory shit they came up with would have turned a few more people towards Crypto, but so far that is still wishful thinking.

Being one of the lucky ones when the price was through the roof, I find myself wondering if it is still worth the work being put into it from my end. Although it had recently paid for 3 round trips to Arizona, it seems as though the cost to mine on a private level and the amount of return are becoming farther and farther apart. We will see what happens by this summer and decide then if it is time to hang it up and let others deal with the hassle. With the price of machinery still high on Ebay, the potential for a decent return of investment is still there for the machines bought at a low cost.

For those of you still doing Crypto or have coins stashed away somewhere, watch the exchanges and the news feeds regarding Crypto and find that perfect time to either cash out or make a bigger investment. Either way good luck to all of us in hopefully making something out of a digital currency that materialized out of thin air. Got to love those kids at MiT.

K2
Administrator

Postby K2 » Apr 14th, 2016 at 7:36 pm

I just read the other day that bitcoin is finally reaching the point where it'll halve again, so instead of 25 coins per block mined, it'll drop to 12.5. It's expected to happen sometime this summer. Some 'industry experts' were calling it an issue and that it needed to be fixed or addressed. I wonder why they don't realize bitcoin was designed to do just this. Harder to mine plus less on your return should probably equal a price spike.

Return to “Cryptocurrency”